New to w.w

katoof

Silver Member
Hi everyone, I have joined w.w and am finding it a bit daunting but I know its only week one.

Any advice people have would be great, especially for low point filling snacks would be great.

I have lost nearly 13st over the past 19 months ( 9.5 stone on slimming world and nearly 3.5 stone calorie counting) I am hoping weight watchers will help me loose my last 2.5 stone

Also does anyone know if you can just change meetings if you are on doctors referral, I joined on Wednesday and didn't find the lady running it helpful, I was handed the books and told I will be fine if I read them, I could really have done with a little more advice as I have never done w.w before, is this normal at a meeting?

Your card allows you to switch to any meeting as your stats are all on that!

A great leader is essential. Was for me anyways!

Congrats on a massive weight loss and hope you find WW helpful :)

Fruit & sugar free jelly are good fillers

WW crisps or any crisps in the range of 99 calories or less are 2PP if you're more savoury

Wafer thin ham/turkey/chicken is 1pp per portion which is a decent size portion

and meringue nests are 1pp! as are gingernut biscuits if you fancy them

Im a sweet person so I eat curly wurlys at 3pp or fun size malteasers at 3pp per pack

Hope this helps & very best of luck x

Hi Kartoof. Firstly you have done fab! We started at more or less the same weight and I have been in awe of your losses! I was on the SW plan for the first 6 stone but hit a wall and was fed up with SW. I didnt lose from May to Aug and joined WW at the beginning of Aug and have gone straight back into losing mode on the plan averaging 3lb a week at the mo.

Couple of things I found to make the switch easier. I do all my tracking on esource and the app on the phone. The smartphone app is brill and tbh I dont use the books at all. You can more or less forget cals and just think of points. If I were you I would just track on e source or the app and it helps you as you go along. First week I didnt use all my weeklies and lost 3lbs the next weeks I used all my weeklies and lost 3.5 each week since so I eat all my weeklies now. I think like me, you are pretty active. You can track activity points on esource and then eat extra but I dont personally do that. Good luck its a fab plan. I love the meetings compared to SW they are shorter, sharper and more focused IMHO and im loving the switch. Good luck, if anyone can get to grips with it you can!

Back