New to weight watchers section but not minimins!

weemissnaughty

Silver Member
Hiya, ive been doing weight watchers for about 10 weeks now(ish) and ive lost 10 and a half lbs, ive done weight watchers years ago and was successful and slimming world for a while, not so successful! I thought id introduce myself because ive found myself lurking a bit! Im 25 and work in a cafe (not so good on a diet lol) but one of the reasons i want to loose weight is that im going to uni to do nursing in sept and would like to be a bit healthier for then :eek:) so 9 more weeks to get some of this weight off, i would love to be a size 14 for then just cant see it happening :eek:(

weemissnaughty said:
Hiya, ive been doing weight watchers for about 10 weeks now(ish) and ive lost 10 and a half lbs, ive done weight watchers years ago and was successful and slimming world for a while, not so successful! I thought id introduce myself because ive found myself lurking a bit! Im 25 and work in a cafe (not so good on a diet lol) but one of the reasons i want to loose weight is that im going to uni to do nursing in sept and would like to be a bit healthier for then :eek:) so 9 more weeks to get some of this weight off, i would love to be a size 14 for then just cant see it happening :eek:(

Hiya,

You've done well, keep it up and you'll be that size 14. Think positive and set yourself little weekly targets. ( I do)

I wanted to do nursing when I left school but didn't think I was brainy enough for uni, I ended up being a dental nurse instead and training on the job....times changed now though and you have to go to college to qualify. Glad I did it before all that started lol

I've always thought working in a cafe would put you off food, think it would me.

Keep up the good work :)

Hmm i wish it put you off food lol i am a chef to trade but hated the hours, and for a year i worked as a pastry chef! Eek! It has just made me a bit of a food snob lol, im not a fan of ready meala for mcdonalds etc but i love cream and real butter mmmm lol
I think nursing looks into life experiences as much as grades, its mental health im interested in, i think it would be so interesting, and the eating disorder aspect of it makes me think id be a bit cheeky to tell someone to control their eating habits when i can easily eat a hige bag of crisps, dip AND big mint aero on a bad day (not had one of thise in a while)
I wa a sizw 18 when i started, then yeaterday i pulled out a pair of jeans to wear and when i put them on i realised theyre the size 16 pair that ive never really fitted into, even when i could just about fit into other size 16s whoop!!!!

weemissnaughty said:
Hmm i wish it put you off food lol i am a chef to trade but hated the hours, and for a year i worked as a pastry chef! Eek! It has just made me a bit of a food snob lol, im not a fan of ready meala for mcdonalds etc but i love cream and real butter mmmm lol
I think nursing looks into life experiences as much as grades, its mental health im interested in, i think it would be so interesting, and the eating disorder aspect of it makes me think id be a bit cheeky to tell someone to control their eating habits when i can easily eat a hige bag of crisps, dip AND big mint aero on a bad day (not had one of thise in a while)
I wa a sizw 18 when i started, then yeaterday i pulled out a pair of jeans to wear and when i put them on i realised theyre the size 16 pair that ive never really fitted into, even when i could just about fit into other size 16s whoop!!!!

My brothers a chef to trade too, he didn't like the hours either.
I think you have to be a special person to do nursing and I take my hat off to them. It's a very challenging but rewarding job, my friend has just graduated and is now a nurse, she just found herself a job.

Putting on your size 16 jeans must have felt fabulous :) my size 16's are now getting to be too baggy on me but I don't want to try a size 14 yet in case I'm disappointed so holding off just a few more weeks.
I'm going to start swimming again at the weekend when husbands back, he works away a lot :( I've not been able to exercise for the last couple of years due to an ankle injury and complications hence the weight gain. Im not an exercise fan but know it has to be done, we are paying £52 a month each and not using it!

:)

I have just read my title to this thread and it's so the wrong way round lol it should be new to minimins but not to WW

SORRY I've not been drinking honest

slimfor40 said:
I have just read my title to this thread and it's so the wrong way round lol it should be new to minimins but not to WW

SORRY I've not been drinking honest

And now I've just realised its not my thread oh my what am I doing

slimfor40 said:
And now I've just realised its not my thread oh my what am I doing

LOL. It's the calorie deficit!!! Xx

My mums a nurse and although i want to be a nurse i think she is defo that special person, shes worked in hospices and honestly loved making her patients happy :eek:)
I should get back to the gym but its a small gym and now ive been away so long im too scared that theyll be disaproving lol!

My title wasnt really worded right, ive done weight watchers discovery before but never used these forums then i tried slimming world and started using minimins ;o)
Xxx

Saw your quorn curry pic and thought I would pop in to see your food ramblings do you have a food diary too? X

Ooh yay do it the simply filling forum is ace! I'm on there too ;-) everyone's really friendly and lovely coz it's quite a tiny area with not many members.

I converted from slimming world too as did another girl on there so you will be in good company.

Woah small world just saw you are in Glasgow me too! Freaky!! X

I think will go i and start a diary and have a nosey at other peoples... Im hungry but cant g to the shops cos im waiting in for a delivery and theres not much in :eek:( s i will see if im inspired lol

Where abouts in glasgow are you from? Im from the east end but im living out in bothwell just now :) x

weemissnaughty said:
I think will go i and start a diary and have a nosey at other peoples... Im hungry but cant g to the shops cos im waiting in for a delivery and theres not much in :eek:( s i will see if im inspired lol

Where abouts in glasgow are you from? Im from the east end but im living out in bothwell just now :) x

Ah so annoying waiting in all day for a delivery isn't it? I've stayed in quite a few places in Glasgow over the years currently in Govanhill in the south side. Not great but it's cheap lol! Yeh go start a diary while you wait :p we all get a bit excited about newcomers to simply filling as there aren't many!! X

My sister lives in the south side, croftfoot, ive lived mainly the east end but moved to cambuslang and hamilton for a while, im starting uni in sept (whoop) in hamilton so bothwell is nice and close
Do you do all days simply filling or switch? I ended up getting a take away last night and switching to propoints but it was worth it :)

Ah cool croftfoot is just a few minutes up the road from me I stay just down near the big Asda near Hampden.

What you off to study? Waiting in on anything nice? I'm having a lazy afternoon as just had a half day at work today :) doing a phased return to work at the moment as just back after a really bad ankle break. X

Oh and I do simply filling almost every day! I only switch to propoints if I'm having a really snacky day without much real food or to have a meal out if it suits better.

I hate weighing food so love simply filling- really similar to sw but nice not having to worry about healthy extras. X

Yeh I found myself using pasta n sauces, low fat supernoodles etc for lunches quite often just because they were syn free even though really not very healthy.

At first I really missed the greater variety of free foods from sw but now that I'm used to simply filling i mostly enjoying it - having some unfocused days at the moment but that's me not the plans fault! X

Back