New to Weight Watchers! The diary of my journey :)

LanaLoo

Hi all!

I joined my local Weight Watchers group today and at the moment am feeling a little overwhelmed, but excited to crack on!

I've been doing Slimming World on and off for a few years, I managed to lose almost 3 stone but in the last few months have put on 1 1/2 back! :eek:

I feel my body was getting a bit too used to Slimming World and I was also getting a little bit bored with eating the same old things all the time (Muller Light? anyone?!) So decided to give Weight Watchers a try!

I have 30 points to use a day and about 3 stone to lose in total this time!

I've decided to keep a diary on here this time as I find writing things down really helps keep me focused, and hopefully I might find a buddy or just a few friendly comments or two!

Day 1 tomorrow.......here goes!
:talk017:

I too have been on and off sw (and ww) for years but although i lose weight with sw I can't seem to keep going on it for long. WW is far easier to do and it teaches you to be more careful with portion control. I restarted online yesterday and so pleased I have, good luck with it!! x

Hey Sharron12!

Lovely to recieve such a friendly comment so soon! thankyou! :)

I completely agree with you! SW can get very boring and it does nothing to help get your portion sizes down at all! I think that WW will definitely have that edge!

Its nice to know someone else has restarted again at the same time as me! Good Luck to you too! Just think of that great (hopefully) first weigh-in feeling we'll have in a weeks time! :D xx

Food Diary: Day 1

Breakfast

2 x weetabix = 3
1/4 pint SS milk = 2
banana = 0

Lunch

1/2 an egg mayo sandwich = 6
1 x vegetable dipper = 3
apple = 0

Dinner

(quite big!) portion of homemade shepherds pie = 12
fat free yoghurt = 1

Snacks/Treats

10 american hard gums = 8

TOTAL PP USED: 35

PP TAKEN FROM WEEKLY EXTRA: 5

I had to guess a lot of these today as lunch was laid out at a course I went to for work and dinner was already made by my Mum when I came home! I have worked out pp as best I can and over-estimated just in case!

Hi LanaLoo, I was going to say welcome to the forum but I see that you actually joined in 2010!?! What happened? .. (rhetorical question .. :D )
Looks like you are doing very well and that's what I usually do if I'm not quite sure of the PPs value.
(Unfortunately this old biddy has gotten well and truly stuck weight-wise .. :giggle: )

Anyway, Lana I do wish you all the very best and I am sure you will soon be getting to your goal..keep up the good work!

Hi LanaLoo, I was going to say welcome to the forum but I see that you actually joined in 2010!?! What happened? .. (rhetorical question .. :D )
Looks like you are doing very well and that's what I usually do if I'm not quite sure of the PPs value.
(Unfortunately this old biddy has gotten well and truly stuck weight-wise .. :giggle: )

Anyway, Lana I do wish you all the very best and I am sure you will soon be getting to your goal..keep up the good work!

Hi Emmaline! I did indeed join in 2010 when I was following Slimming World, but I didn't post too much!

thankyou for your support! It really does help to know there are so many others on the same path as me! Are you currently still following Weight Watchers? I'm finding it so difficult to actually work out the PP in foods! I am a brand new teacher and have only been at my first job since September so I'm working really hard, meaning my lovely Mum makes dinner for me most nights, she is a very healthy cook and nothing we eat is terribly bad, but it is a pain to have to work out the points after I've eaten something! especially so late in the day (when I could easily go over!)

I think I'll have to find some nice weight watchers recipes for her to have a go at! :p:p

I'm a teacher too! I know what you mean about eating and pointing later. I cook and then work it out. I'm so tired when I get in hahaha

So I've had a busy weekend with lots of partying! So busy I haven't had time to post my diary! So here goes with days 2 and 3!

Food Diary: Day 2

Breakfast

1 slice wholemeal bread: 3
1 tsp low fat spread: 1
3 rashers grilled bacon (all fat removed): 3
grilled cherry tomatoes: 0

Lunch

tesco tuna, prawn and vegetable sushi: 6
HUGE fruit salad!: 0

NO DINNER! (I was in a rush to get ready to go out and knew I would be drinking so wanted to save a few PP!)

snacks/treats
5 x double vodka and diet coke: 20 :8855:

TOTAL PP USED: 33

PP TAKEN FROM WEEKLY EXTRAS: 3

Food Diary: Day 3

(note: I spent most of the day in bed feeling slightly worse for wear! So I didn't really eat set meals today...not so good I think! But I'm blaming it on the weekend and will be back to normal, regular meals tomorrow!)

All food eaten today:

Banana: 0

Orange: 0

Braising steak (150g?): 6
Carrots: 0
Shallots: 0
Mashed Potato with a little low fat spread and milk: 8

4 Strawberry Creams: 8

TOTAL PP USED: 22

PP TAKEN FROM WEEKLY EXTRAS: 0

Wow really Tano?! How funny! I'm hoping the stress and strains of my NQT year will help me a little with this weight loss! ;)

LanaLoo said:
Wow really!! How funny! I'm hoping the stress and strains of my NQT will help me a little with this weight loss! :character00148:

Hahahaha oh goddddd once it's over, it's a lovely feeling!!! X

LanaLoo said:
I can't wait for that feeling! Sometimes I think I'm not even going to make it! x

Of course you are. Tho year will fly by!

I do hope you're right! Feel as if I'm struggling at the moment, especially with the noise levels in my class! Guess I'm burning calories at least running around after my class all the time! :p

LanaLoo said:
I do hope you're right! Feel as if I'm struggling at the moment, especially with the noise levels in my class! Guess I'm burning calories at least running around after my class all the time! :p

Ahhhhh! Is it primary?

Hi,

I like so many others im sure can relate to your dieting history!! Iv been on more plans than i care to remember!!! Im quite new to WW propoints but im currently doing the ww simply filling plan which i feel happier on :)

Im also from Essex, not far from you just by Lakeside :)

Wishing you all the best on WW, i look forward to following your progress :)

Sarah x

Hi,

I like so many others im sure can relate to your dieting history!! Iv been on more plans than i care to remember!!! Im quite new to WW propoints but im currently doing the ww simply filling plan which i feel happier on :)

Im also from Essex, not far from you just by Lakeside :)

Wishing you all the best on WW, i look forward to following your progress :)

Sarah x

Hey Sarah!

Lovely to meet a fellow Essex Gal on the same mission! What is the Simply Filling plan though?! I've never even heard of it! How are have you been doing the last few weeks? I'm so worried about first weigh-in! Have resisted the scales so far and I am usually a serial weigher!

Thanks for following! and I wish you all the best on your journey too! XX

Best of luck missy! i also started on thursday woohoo... 4 days down only 400 to go hahaha :) we can do this!!!!! :D x

Back