New to WW. Previously did SW

Becca Wecca

skinny minny here I come!
Hey All.

New year diet started on 2nd Jan, joined WW online and lost 5lbs in my first week! YaaaaY!

Ive previously done Slimming World but seem to lose weight then pile it all back on again so hopefully I can stick at WW as I have a hefty amount to lose.

Bring it On!

Has anyone else moved over and how have they found it?

Hi there ,

Happy new year! I did slimming world for years on and off at first with success then a couple of lbs would come off and go back on again! I started WW last weds first weigh in tomorrow and I have stuck to it which I am surprised by! So I have found it great and I am confident it is a diet I can stick to :)

All the best to you, I find it easy to stick to.

Shelley x

Hi,
I have never done slimming world but i started ww yesterday. Have stuck to it so far (i know its only been 2 days). My friend has lost 3 stone on WW so is my inspiration to do the same :)

Hi girlies i'm starting WW today. First meeting/weigh in at 5 o' clock. So nervous, haven't weighed myself in 4yrs so just estimating that i'm around 20st maybe more {eek :sigh:). Decided it was time to shift the weight once and for all and my sister in law did WW pro points system last ear and lost 4st so fingers crossed it'll work for me. I've never done any of the clubs (sw, ww etc) so a little anxious but positive especially seeing how great all ye lovely ladies are doing. Really inspirational. Keep up the good work xXx :)

I also moved over from sw to ww and am so far really enjoying the change. Sw is a great plan and i managed to keep the almost 2 stone that i lost off for almost 2 years but I was sick of having to think about what day I was on and whether I was getting enough 'superfree'. I also think sw didn't teach me portion control.

On my way to first ww weigh in now so watch this space!

I'm another ww from sw convert !! so far loving ww. love the variety and the portion controll. slimmin world taught me to cook healthily but I go bored after a year so trying this now to get off my last stone !

only joined on Tuesday. I'll let you know how I get on :)

I'm so glad there's a few of us that have converted!

I really struggled with the portion control and eating as many free foods with SW so it has been a bit of a shock what "normal" portions I should be eating! Lol but it's good so far and I feel with WW its more realistic as you can eat food that would normally have too many syns on SW like jars of sauces etc.

Good luck with all your weight losses! Xx

I know what you mean about the jars of sauces. I still love making my own when time allows but sometimes all you want to do us just open a jar and pour it over whatever you're having.

I just love how flexible ww is. I even went on a totally unplanned trip to Nandos the other day and was able to pick something out that was well within my points. On sw I think I would have struggled coming up with a regular meal that was within syns and enough superfree.

Here's to another good week!

Ok so not 20st but 21st 7.5lbs :sigh: but at least i'm doing something about it. Only dat one of the propoints system but so far loving it. I like that your not liited on what you can/can't eat as long as its in moderation or within your points. Best of look to everyone at their next weigh in's.

I'm currently eating a chocolate ... and wondering how is this ever going to work ?!?

I'm very worried that I shouldn't be eating this !!

I've done WW a few times over the years, I dabbled with SW & love the idea but I like my wine & chocolate & with WW I just incorporate it into my day eg by having 0/1 pp soup. So don't feel bad about eating chocolate Ally!

Lucy what's it about the plan that's making you feel disheartened??

I have done SW for 11weeks and lost 2lbs :-( am joining a WW class this morning, I've bought a monthly pass, I keep watching my mum lose weight on WW so confident I can do this, we can do this !!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi I've done sw on and off over the past five years, always great for 2 weeks then fall off the wagon. I have 4 kids and I think it just doesn't suit my lifestyle. I can cook from scratch most nights But obviously everyone has days when things don't go to plan and times tight!! Been doing ww since Monday and great so far. We had to go bday pressie shopping,last night which took longer than I though but ww meant I could have a low fat sub from subway! So good, if I'd been on sw I'd known I had blown it and probably got a McDonald's or something.

Also I find afternoons are a terrible snack period for me but because I can have a ww ready meal for lunch rather than a salad or something on sw I'm not hungry in the afternoon! So far so good!!

Will see how well it's really going on weigh in day I suppose, but I'm loving the practicality of it, just hope it actually works for me lol

I have just started WW on Monday too and also had previously done SW! When I came home from my first class on Monday, I must admit my head was done in, really didn't think I would get to grips wth the PP's..........but have to say so far I've found it really easy! I love how I can track everything online and on the app. I'm a veggie so only ever did green days, so have to get used to the fact that pasta, rice etc is now pointed, but hoping this will help with portion control as I used to have about three times the amount that's recommended on WW per person!!
Still got to get to grips with the whole PP's thing! Monday I only had 23 (26 allowance), howeve,r yesterday had 29 so took 6 out of my weeklies. Have also tracked my exercise and added 9 so far. Do I have to use all the extra points? Does it make much difference?

Here's hoping to finally get to target this year!! :)
Sarah x

It really depends on you - it'll take a few weeks to find what suits you best, although most people don't eat their activity points. I always eat my weeklies & had to dip into my APs last week & still had a loss....it does work I promise :)

Wave!!

Hi ladies, lovely to see people have switched from SW to WW. I have tried SW before just on my own and always found it quite expensive, I find too many carbs / green days mean I gain and all that meat is pricey!

I started WW 2 weeks ago and I have lost 2lbs, I know it's not a lot but I only have 1 stone to lose so small gradual amounts is good for me.

I totally agree that WW teaches portion control.

Good luck everyone! x

Ahh fab, so I suppose the Activity Points are a bit like an 'overdraft' in a kind of way, just dip into them if we really need to!

Yes I agree, I loved SW the first time I did it as did really well, but it is quite expensive as have to do a lot of things from scratch. I love on WW how I can have more of what SW classed as 'healhty B's', like Ryvitia, WW bread etc all low in PP :).

I personally feel loads better and less bloated after just a few days on the plan :)

Here's to a slim 2013 for us all :D xx

Ahh fab, so I suppose the Activity Points are a bit like an 'overdraft' in a kind of way, just dip into them if we really need to!

Yes I agree, I loved SW the first time I did it as did really well, but it is quite expensive as have to do a lot of things from scratch. I love on WW how I can have more of what SW classed as 'healhty B's', like Ryvitia, WW bread etc all low in PP :).

I personally feel loads better and less bloated after just a few days on the plan :)

Here's to a slim 2013 for us all :D xx

I'm loving ww. I can still have the foods I like in moderation which is fab :) and using my extra points has really worked for me this week, so far I've lost 3lbs and my weigh in isnt until Monday xx

I'm loving ww. I can still have the foods I like in moderation which is fab :) and using my extra points has really worked for me this week, so far I've lost 3lbs and my weigh in isnt until Monday xx

wow well done on your weight loss!

Today is day 2 for me and it is going really well, I can have bagels!!! Ordered some ww stuff from tesco so looking forward to my delivery tomorrow

Back