New to WW

BULLBUSBUTT

Hi all,
I'm new to WW after doing SW for a few years, I was even a consultant for a year and gained back my loss :eek: . This had me left in serious doubt that the plan was sustainable and that I need something to rid me of my gain and help me stay there.
So here I am I joined a class in Mansfield Woodhouse with the lovely Wray . Love that there's no happy clappy stuff going on and that everyone is so happy there.. My problem is being ex SW I am used to eating what I like when I like and that in it's self is where my problems started.. Is there any ideas for meal boosting in the portion size whilst being low on the points?
Im just so hungry I used to live on jacket potatoes, pasta and rice so you can imagine how devastated I was to find I have to point and weigh these LOL.

I saw some terrific weight losses in class and I know that it can be done!! I get 27 pp a day so need to learn to spend them wisely :break_diet:I really want to have a loss this week and to be back on the road to slimsville.
Thank you to anyone who has a some pointers .. I will be buying the delux pack next week so I have a calculator and other books too.
With Love Nat :) xx

Hi Nat

Their are quite a few of is that have moved over from SW and the common theme seems to be portion control.

I got to target in Jan and then by summer I have piled every single pound of the 2st 12.5lbs back on :-( I have been on ww for 7 weeks and I have to say I love it so much more than SW and I never thought I'd say that. Nothing is out of bounds. Yes jacket potatoes are high in pp but there are so many wonderful things that you can eat on the plan that you couldn't have had on SW without using all your syn allowance.

You really will be surprised how far 27pp really can go plus you have your weeklies for extra treats!

Good luck on your journey, you've done it once, you can do t again ;-)

I was in love with SW but you know it just wasn't sustainable so I said good bye to it all and continued to gain :cry:
But I had a big stirfry tonight with added beans , I know they are points so I was very very good alday fruit salad for breakfast and a weighed and measured Cheese sarnie at lunch .
I have been hungry but not starving like yesterday.
I think when my tummy shrinks a bit I'll be loving this. I also took the leep and had no Sweetener in my coffee and tada didn't crave treats alday.. Glad this is working for you Becky You have gven me hope great losses so far :D

Hey hey Partner in crime twoleftfeet hope your day is going great ... wonder how well we will do this Thursday :innocent0001: loool xxx

BULLBUSBUTT said:
I was in love with SW but you know it just wasn't sustainable so I said good bye to it all and continued to gain :cry:
But I had a big stirfry tonight with added beans , I know they are points so I was very very good alday fruit salad for breakfast and a weighed and measured Cheese sarnie at lunch .
I have been hungry but not starving like yesterday.
I think when my tummy shrinks a bit I'll be loving this. I also took the leep and had no Sweetener in my coffee and tada didn't crave treats alday.. Glad this is working for you Becky You have gven me hope great losses so far :D

Hey hey Partner in crime twoleftfeet hope your day is going great ... wonder how well we will do this Thursday :innocent0001: loool xxx

Have you started a diary hun? You defo shouldn't be hungry :-(

I was in love with SW too however I think ww rocks!! x

Same here and, as Becky said, all down to the portion control for me too. Get a diary going and we'll be right behind you x

Another ex SW-er here - lost 3 stone a couple of years ago and nearly all of it has gone back on. Many reasons (or excuses perhaps) but one was portion control. I wanted to try something different and was impressed how well my friend had done on WW. 13 weeks on and I've lost 26lbs and only 9lbs away from my smallest weight but I am considering going a bit lower. I love the plan and portions are totally controlled because I have learned to bulk meals with veg, For example, I will have 50g of pasta (5PP), make my own tomato sauce with passata and bung loads of veg in like onions, peppers etc. I can have 2-3PPs of grated cheese if I fancy, and I have a good hearty and healthy meal for under 10PPs - enough for a yoghurt (I LOVE Mullerlight Greek style yoghurts at 2PPs each) or a biscuit and cuppa after! For jacket potatoes you would need to weigh them raw to get the PP value, my other tip is McCains frozen ready jacket potatoes in microwave are 5 or 6PPs. Go for low point toppings like light philadelphia and have a salad with it, and again you haven't used loads of points. 0PP soup is a great way to fill up at lunch time to allow more points for the evening. I cheat and buy the ready prepared bags of casserole veg, simmer in stock (with a 0PP stock cube) and blitz so it's thick and smooth. Very filling and as you can make it using very little (or none) propoints, it's a great way to make your points go further.

Remember to use your weeklies - they are there to make the plan more sustainable and you're less likely to go off track. Use them all at once if you wish, or split them up to have an extra 7PP a day. I would use all 49PP to start off with, most people will lose eating them all, but if you're not losing you can reduce them to see if it helps. I use them all and I have lost every week.

Good luck!

Hellooo, I tried sw for a week a while ago and only lost a pound and found it really tricky to stick to because I used to have huge portions of stuff. I have been using my weeklies in one go but I feel good for it, I love having veg just with protein in the evening, as I thought my carb intake was my main problem and it was and iv been quite lucky with my weight loss so far :) good luck!xx

I am also coming over from Slimming World, I followed Slimming World on and off for a year or so, and I always found the same problem, it just would not fit into my hectic lifestyle and I got so bored of having a cooked meal at lunch time, because it always made me feel bloated and tired and lethargic, when all i really wanted was a Shapers Sandwich for Boots or something like that. I just found that I was going for such long periods of time without eating, because i was out and there was no where to eat "Slimming World Style".
I also found that there was so much room for errors, if I never lost weight one week, my consultant would say its because i am not eating enough and then the next week it was because i ate too much, then its because i went for too long without eating, then it was because I never ate enough superfree, then I should reduce my syns. It just became so complicating and i got fed up of thinking red day, green day or extra easy. Superfree foods, free foods, healthy extras, and sys. It just became so complicating and I just wanted simplicity and I think WW really fits with that.

Back