New to Xenical, possibly!

Roosters

Silver Member
Hi folks!

I've got a docs appointment for a week on thursday, with a view to possibly being prescribed xencial. I've definatly got enough weight to loose, my question is, do I just go in and ask the doctor for the tablets? do I have to meet any other criterea?

I know at my doctors they require you to have a BMI of at least 31 or over and they also make you loose about 5 lbs first before the will prescribe you xenical just to see that you can lose weight on your own. But your doctor may be different.

I had to lose 10lb lol

I didn't have to loose any weight, I was advised to loose weight for fertility treatment and made an appointment for my GP. I asked for Reductil which he didn't want to prescribe me so asked me to try Xenical.

I had lost weight myself for a few months and said that but he didn't have any proof of that, he just went ahead and prescribed me it.

I think all GP's are different but when you go in, just be honest and say what you want.

i had gone to the docs and had started my diet, i lost 7lb in 2 weeks, doc got an app for me to see the dietician, by the time i sw her i had fallen off the wagon!

out conversation didnt make a difference because in my situation, i know how to lost weight and i do the right things i just fall off the wagon fast!

so i asked for xenical, i get really upset about talking about my weight and she prescribed it based on losing the 7lb and the dieticians letter.

this stops me from falling off the wagon...i dont want the 'accidents' lol

I had no idea about Xenical, but I wanted the weight gone and went in and asked for help. He suggested them to me.

Thanks for your replies ladies! I'll just have to be honest and tell the dr how I feel.

then stamp my feet and demand the pills hehe

I just said that I'd been steadily putting weight on for the last 3 or 4 years and was concerned for my health due to my weight and BMI and would he please consider prescribing Xenical. He didn't ask me to lose any weight to show willing, just gave me the prescription there and then. Best thing I ever did :D

Edit to add: I googled beforehand and the 'criteria' seems to be a BMI of 28 or more with a history of heart disease, diabetes etc in the family or a BMI of 30+ with health worries optional!

i had been monitored by the nurse at the surgery over the last year so they already new i had lost weight. blood pessure had to be ok.

i'm only 20, and i go to a doctor in wales at my university's health centre, and the doctor there asked me to lose 2kg (just under 5lbs) before she would prescribe them, but she didn't give me a time limit in which to lose the 5lbs. she also said the bmi had to be over 28. i'd never heard of xenical before but she told me about them because my weight has lead to depression so it really needed sorting out. i've only been taking the pills a week and a half, but i have no regrets at all :) x

Thanks for replies again :D

Well I definately am over 28bmi! and I have diabetes in the family so hopefully with that in mind I should have no problem getting them.

I actually started my lowfat low cal diet on Monday and have already lost 4lbs - but this would be impossible to prove! I'll tell the drs anyway! It's just frustrating that my appointment isn't for another week. I think it's a bit rubbish when you have to wait 2 weeks for a non urgent appointment! it is urgent for me lol, I want to get going!!

Dont your doctors do a drop in appointment service?

Good things come to thos who w8!!!

Good luck hun

xx

Dont your doctors do a drop in appointment service?

Good things come to thos who w8!!!

Good luck hun

xx

No they don't I'm afraid! but you're right - it's only a week away now and it's not stopping me from dieting this week :D

God attitude hun!!

Oooh wat a rubish doctors!! Mine do a thing where you phone the morning you want to go and you can book!!

Y not say that its urgent lol i would he he

xxxx

Back