New today to the cambridge diet

hollie

Hey I've finally managed to pull my finger out and decide its time to lose weight !!
I've just started on the cambridge diet so far have failed miserably on trying to make the porridge !! Any tips ?
And covered my self in shake hahaha lesson learnt keep finger on lid !!
Any tips or help advice support on this what seems a crazy diet would be more than welcome
How are people finding it ?

lol hiya, my best friend loves the porrage, I think it tastes like a cross between shreded cardboard and wallpaper paste. I think it depends how you like your porrage. I have two more left to force my self to eat. I'm told to add a wee bit more watter to loosen it up.

It helps me to remember that all the vitamins I need are in those drinks. So really I don't need anything else, It is just nice. Are you doing just the products or a small meal as well? I find sole source plus a little easer.

It does take some getting used to. But I have found it is worth it. I'm really bad at making the soup as well, dam lumps.

I think i tried one of everything this week, so for this next week I have only got the bits I like.
I find the first two days fine, the 3rd I was ill. the rest of week one was all about OOOOO only 3/2/1 days till weigh in. week two for me is a little harder. mostly because I have been out 3 times, and only been able to have a small sald with nothing on or in it. Today in the pub I got chicken breast, with salad leaves, that was it. yet they still charged me for a full salald, I had no bacon, no tomato, no cheese, no crutons, and no dressing.

I have been using a hand mixer and a jug for the shakes, oh and adding a spoon full of coffee into some of them :) the vanilla one tastes like a latte.
Now I'm in a routine, and know exactly what I'm drinking when. It is easer :D
Good luck.

Haha I never got to taste the porridge as it exploded in the micro wave so just had the shakes instead but I was shocked they really did feel me up I struggled to have 3 do you know of you have to ? I'm guesses I do but really didn't fancy it lol
I'm doing step two so I can have a small meal as I work with horses so very active I was planning on soul source but felt very faint towards the end of the day so made a tuna salad :\ feel like I failed on day one :(
Is it normal to feel faint ? I don't want to be passing out lol
So annoying as have a wedding today and a Girls meal out tomorrow all that lovely food And wine hahaha I'm moaning already and I'm only on day two come on will power wake up lol
How much did you lose on week one ? Do you have much to lose if you don't mind me asking

Hello ... Apologies for dropping in on your conversation, but thought I may be able to provide some help and assistance!!

Iv pretty much come to the end of my weightloss journey... Just lost 6 stone on the CWP from 16st7lb... Now miraculously at 10st7lb (still can't quite believe it - I'd always used the "big family, big boned" excuse... Turns out that was a massive lie... Currently size 10!!)

I have probably asked all the questions in the world and struggled/cried/wanted to quit for the last 7 months but now it all seems so worth it... Slowly getting my life and social life back (whilst wearing skinny jeans!!)

Regarding your questions - porridge, unfortunately I really didn't like but try adding drops of water as you go... So add half the recommended amount, then add a slight bit more, back in microwave, then a slight bit more etc until it's at your consistency you like.

Regarding shakes - I loveeee making an icecream (if you can call it that - trick your mind!) in a pint glass put 1/4 water.. Then fill to top with ice. Blend/crush into tiny tiny pieces and fold in the shake powder... Eat with a spoon... Lasts longer and tricks mind into thinking your being naughty!!

Regarding shakes - Yes! You must eat all 3 or you run the risk of not getting enough of the RDV's... Not only is this not good for your body - but I found missing a pack meant bad weight loss... Your body needs enough to live on to be able to loose the fat, otherwise it begins storing fat for those times when you don't give it enough to live on (eg skipping that pack!)

I too felt incredibly faint, they upped me to 810 and I actually had better losses (I'm a drama teacher so keep quite active also!) I found drinking loads of tea/coffee (black of course) and lots of water kept the dizziness away... Also - this is a long shot but worked for me... Dipping my finger in the orange water flavouring powder and licking that seemed to boost me...!

Hope I answered some questions... Feel free to fire any at me... Iv most probably asked them all in the past 7 months!

Xx

Hey,

I agree with sarahdramateacher, you have to drink all three. It does say in the book, if you have an active job ss is not for you. So to try sole source +. What you could do is have your small meal at lunch or breakfast? then the 3 shakes that way round might help.

The dizziness could be for a number of reasons, but its not good and best gotten rid off if its possible.

I managed to explode a porridge yesterday lol I have given up on them, horrid things.

I lost 10lb on week one on ss+, my best mate lost 9lb :D :D we are both chuffed to bits. good luck with the lovely food you need to ignore. Its hard work, I have been at a family meal a birthday and a night out with out eating or drinking bad things. It feels daft though standing there with water and ice wooo.

You could use your small meal allowance, you could stick to some salad leaves and a bit of chicken breast if there is any. But I'm not sure if that would be harder than not eating all the nice things.

I have just over 4st left to loose I think... It will be worth it in the end. And just think if you can get through the wedding you can get though anything.
I have time of the month munches! drinking water just is not helping. lol

Back