New Today

CatCrazy

Gold Member
Hi all, I didn't see the introduction thread before but I'm here now.

I have a fair bit of weight to lose, made harder by my inability to exercise much. My weight gain happened really quickly after quitting smoking and then was compounded by sudden onset of emphysema. No symptoms until I quit smoking how crazy is that?!

I need to lose this weight as it wont be helping my condition and my condition isnt helping my weight, vicious circle going on. Currently on very low calorie diet (self made with a bit of help from slimfast) to try and give myself a boost before the long slog ahead.

Really could do with some moral support as I'm doing this while trying to feed teenage gannets...cooking and dishing up delicious meals but only eating salad or having a slimfast is pure torture at times.

Hoping someone can offer help, advice, stories etc that won't make me feel quite so demoralised.

Cat

Thanks for the welcome...i'll settle for ounces at this very moment but so far zilch, not a bloomin change...oh apart from 1/4 pound gain when i got out the bath but my long wet hair was the reason for that!

Hi and :welcome: to the forums
Wishing you the very best of luck on your weight loss journey
Sharkbait1983 x

We all have to start somewhere, its not easy but you'll get there in the end..

Welcome, I only joined last weekend, and already I have found the people on here to be so nice and friendly.

We are all in the same boat here (or have been at one point or another)...

:welcome: I'm sure you'll find minimins full of support and great advice. Also, well done on the giving up smoking, that's a great achievement.

Thanks Zebredy

I know its not easy, shame it went on so easy but thats high dose steroids and incapacity for you I guess:sigh:

If a pound a week is all I can hope for then I guess a pound a week is what I will have to accept. But I know at that low rate I will get down especially when i'm doing 600-900 calories and i'll have to ignore the scales to a certain extent, my TOTM comes twice a month with up to 8lbs gain :( And I can't fill up with water or diet drinks because I'm on restricted fluids as my body doesnt shift the excess easily (my ankles gain 3 inches during the day!)....ok, where is the whinging forum to be found I think I need it. :D

Seriously tho, I have a number of health problems that make weight gain easy and weight loss very hard and that is why I joined this forum because I need some support when the going gets stuck and my get up and go has got up and gone!

Hi cat crazy..im new here too and i really can sympathise with you. i have a lot of weight to loose too.i used to eat whatever i wanted and nothing would go on,that all changed 4 years ago after having my second child.my hormones went crazy the pounds would pile on so quickly and i was hardly eating anything! :cry:

joint problems run in my family and i started getting aches and pains few years ago.i have really bad knees,the cartilidge is no good,my knee gave way a while ago when i was walking down the stairs and i fell and broke my wrist. im currently havinge tests done for arthritis,osteo other bone tests and thyroid.
because of my joints its sooooo hard to exercise without hurting so i totally understand the "vicious circle" im hoping that when the weight comes off the exercising will be a lot easier.

i joined here for the same reasons as you, be strong,you'll get there! :D

Hi catcrazy,
I'm new here too, have a lotta lotta weight to lose.

I have severe asthma and COPD so I can empathise with you on the steroid secnario. I also gave up smoking 21 months ago and weight piled on, also have severe arthritis so am quite in-active.

I have to have surgery on Sept 23rd and docs said I needed to lose at least 11lb before they would operate, have 5 gone so hoping for the best next week.

We all have to start somewhere, and small steps will one day scale the mountain.

Good luck on your journey xx

Thanks suzi1506, bunny hops and skinnychickinside.

I have severe uncontrolled asthma and bullous emphysema. The meds and lack of mobility have made 7 stone pile in2 and a half years. I was a steady 11 stone from 20 to 39 years old. (back to pre-pregnancy weight within 3 weeks with all without dieting) I think thats what makes it harder, nothing changed in my diet, eat healthily, always have and my cholesterol is a healthy 3.7 (UK figures, other countries display differently)
I asked my Dr if I could try reductil, xenical etc but he "doesn't believe in that rubbish" yet realises that exercise is nigh on impossible at the levels required to help shift it. Hes really good with all other aspects so will try it his way while keeping a food diary and see how I go.

Hope your weight loss continues enough to let you have the op you're needing Skinnychickinside

I'm doing this alone, have new digital scales (which I keep jumping on lol) and weighing in on Sundays, I've been so good this week I really need there to be a difference, scales don't show one yet but i feel it on my belly (forgot to take measurements)

Back