New Vanilla Shake

hanmac

Getting her sparkle back
The vanilla shakes are my absolute favourite, have them every morning for breakfast and sometimes for dinner too!

So when I heard that they'd changed the pack so that it was 'less sweet and had more nutrients', I was anxious to say the least!

But made my first one this morning and it isn't too bad, it's definitely not as sweet and for me it doesn't go as frothy when I mix it with my hand blender, but is not as bad as I was expecting!

As long as they don't change the toffee bars (unless they want to make them bigger...) i'm happy! :)

I also still like the new Vanilla, but I am not impressed with the new Strawberry, not keen and that used to be my favourite. I have the last of my old style Banana to use up and then will try the new ones of those too, fingers crossed!

Think there would be a LL Outcry if they changed the Nut Fudge Bar!

I always have Vanilla hot - i didn't think it tasted much different not as frothy as before

Oooh haven't tried it hot, might have to give it a go!

Oh my days, tried the new vanilla shake hot and it was...an experience!
Was soooooo sweet and frothy and just so sickly! I was not a fan at all, will stick to the hot chocolates me thinks. Ah well at least now I know :)

Flex it delish hot on its own. I make it and then put it in the micro for a little bit. Thickens it up and makes it taste even nicer.

ooooh I will have to try it on its own - have always mixed mine with coffee for my morning 'latte' :)

tried it today cold...yuk.....warm...yuk.

had to put in a couple shots of espresso to make it pallatable. far too sweet. not bad as a vanilla latte

That's me and my naughty sweet tooth then - had hot vanilla last night and thought it was yummy :)

Everyone is just so different. I hate the banana one

not even tried it, not a fan of the shakes in general...i need to feel like I am having something to eat as opposed to another drink. im drinking all day long, I need another action

I make a point of putting my soup in a bowl and 'eating' it when I can at work. It makes it feel more of a 'meal' rather than just another liquid I'm chugging down. Also means I can join co-workers for 'lunch' who don't know I'm on LL.

I make a point of putting my soup in a bowl and 'eating' it when I can at work. It makes it feel more of a 'meal' rather than just another liquid I'm chugging down. Also means I can join co-workers for 'lunch' who don't know I'm on LL.

weird isnt it that we have to have a "meal".

I have had comments about being a student just drinking cuppa-soups all the time for lunch, but I dont want anyone to know until I am done. So no bowl for me.

keep it up tho

I always drink my soups in a mug, as like flexiblefish said can pass them off as cup-a-soups, which was handy when I first started work as nobody knew I was on LL.

I've now told them, but still drink them out of mugs as have gone really off the soups, and now try to down them as quickly as possible!

My ideal would be to have porridge for breakfast - two bars during the day and hot chocolate at night - shame we are only allowed 1 bar :(

My ideal would be to have porridge for breakfast - two bars during the day and hot chocolate at night - shame we are only allowed 1 bar :(

I think I have found a soul mate.

same.

I think next week I will buy that, buit replacing the 2nd bars for soup for work lunches.

Back