New Week, New Diet Please Help!!

pattipen

Monday morning, and I'm back home after a week holiday and ready to start my new diet.

I intend going to a WW meeting, but the first one isn't until Thursday. So in the meantime I would like some pointers as to how to get going. I will have my normal breakfast this morning (oats so simple - today will be with semi skimmed milk, normally it would be almond milk) and take crisp breads and light Philadelphia for lunch. Then I will be shopping on the way home for the rest of the week.

I don't eat fish or red meat so any suggestions for my shopping list ( what to avoid ) will be helpful.

or would I be better joining online and forgetting the meetings altogether? :confused:

Thanks

Last edited:
Monday
Breakfast Oat so Simple plus skimmed milk
Lunch Crispbreads with Low fat spread Cheese
Tea Roasted vegetables and Chicken, Yogurt
Tuesday
Breakfast Oat so Simple plus almond milk
Lunch Salad, Turkey rashers, bread apple
Tea Garlic & herb roast potatoes, (veg to decide plus either chicken pieces or quorn sausages) yogurt

Last edited:
No idea as yet - I've not been to my first meeting, I am hoping that what I have is OK for the moment.

There is plenty there - I am not going hungry.

I agree that there doesn't seen to be much there, you will probably find when you start properly that you can eat a lot more on ww that what you've planned for this week.

Meetings are a good way to start off, as there's always someone there to help and it's a good motivator. Then once your in the swing of it you can do it from home if you'd prefer.

My class is a Thursday, I've been off track the last few weeks as my husband has been at home (he works away) so I'm getting back on track after Thursdays weigh in this week, no more excuses.

Good luck

So even though I am eating plenty and not leaving myself hungry I should eat more? I don't think I could manage that.

Tomorrow I will have more anyway, as I will be going to the gym after work, so I will have a snack before leaving work and have my evening meal later when I get home. Possibly a pasta dish.

Hi Patti, personally I would not eat more if you're not hungry. I am often under my calories goal by a couple of hundred but am stuffed, I am not going to eat food for the sake of it.

It doesn't look like you're eating too little to me anway, looks like you're getting a good balance of food with lots of protein and veg. For all we know you may have massive portions anyway so as long as you feel full I wouldn't worry about it too much. :)

The only reason I say it doesn't look much is that on ww we are told to eat our full allowance for it to work properly, but if your calorie counting then yeh it's different. There have been weeks when I have ate less than my allowance and I haven't lost, but when I eat full allowance I lose. I don't know the ins and outs of why this happens. When I cal counted I ate less, on ww I eat a lot, just of different things. Most Fruit and veg are free which means we get more for our points. I'm sure the leader will explain it, but we are encouraged to eat all of our daily allowance.
If you think you will eat too much on ww, then maybe calorie counting will be better for you? Worth having a look at both to see what you think

I was calorie counting previously when having the herbalife shakes, and having more protein and less carbs. Since I haven't lost anything since Christmas I decided that I needed to change something.
Thanks Treacle, I have looked at the list and hopefully am choosing foods from the list, although my preferred breakfast isn't on there.

Wednesday
Breakfast Oat so Simple with Almond Milk
Lunch Sandwich thins with cooked meat, salad, apple
Pre-gym snack Crispbreads & Cheese spread
Tea Rest of Roast Vegs & Roast Potatoes (from previous days) Chicken pieces. Yogurt

I should add that I haven't put down the coffee, herbal tea and hot chocolate drinks etc.

I have an empty freezer at the moment as well due to a recent power cut which meant that I had to empty out whatever was in there (having said that some things were from over a year ago before I started the diet and were things that would not be on my chosen list of meals) So I can stock up and get some ready made meals ready and freeze them.

I'm confused about this "eating your full allowance" Perhaps I will understand better after tomorrow's meeting.

Thursday
Breakfast. oat so simple, almond milk
Lunch Sandwich thins with pork loin slices. Plus salad if I go shopping at lunch time. Apple and pear.
Tea Chinese Takeaway. Lemon chicken and boiled rice. (Half of container of each)

Tonight is the first WW meeting that I hope to go to . I am trying to persuade a work colleague to go with me.
I printed out the list of free foods that Treacle told me about and she asked if she could have a copy.

Last night I went to the gym, I had wanted to try the "intro to spinning" class that they had, but was too late for that - it actually starts just at the time I finish work. So I had a look at another spinning class for beginners and will probably give that a go. I was talking to a couple of the people that came out of that and they were going on to do Group Kick, and they suggested that I try it. I wasn't too sure, but the instructor said I could join in and leave at any time. I stopped for the whole session and really enjoyed it, so I will be going back.

Back