New Wetherspoons menu

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Eating Out' started by EmmyLou30, 8 September 2010 Social URL.

1. EmmyLou30

EmmyLou30 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(8.7%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Does anyone know the syn values of two new choices on the Wetherspoons menu I noticed last night?

Humus and roast veg flat bread (comes with salad and only around 500 cal)
    5 Bean Chili wrap (comes with chips and around 800cal)

I'm hoping as the usual 5 bean chili is around 600 cal they won't be too far off in terms of syns but I have a feeling I might get a shock :eek:

In the end they were out of stock of the chili and the two new options so I had a side salad instead (no dressing) and then went home for an omlette - I refused to let Wetherspoons lack of stock control make me fall off the wagon! :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Best option to stick with the chilli and rice (think the syns there are for the tortilla chips!) Steer clear of the others!

J D Wetherspoon Five Bean Chilli Wrap per serving

[​IMG] 40½ Syns on Extra Easy [​IMG] Original 40½ Syns [​IMG] Green 40½ Syns

D Wetherspoon Houmous & Roasted Vegetable Filled Flatbread per serving[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG] 25 Syns on Extra Easy [​IMG] Original 25 Syns [/FONT]

J D Wetherspoon Five Bean Chilli with Yellow Basmati Rice & Tortilla Chips per serving[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG] 4½ Syns on Extra Easy [​IMG] Original 25½ Syns [​IMG] Green 4½ Syns [/FONT]

[/FONT]​
    [/FONT]​
    [/FONT]

4. Beegee

Beegee The Big One

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st7lb(39.03%)
    Diet:
    SW Online (Green)
    Crikey, it makes me wonder what on earth Wetherspoons do to their food during preparation to make something as innocuous sounding as a bean wrap into 40 syns. Everything I've heard about them since starting SW has put me right off ever eating there!

5. EmmyLou30

EmmyLou30 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(8.7%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I knew to steer clear of everything on the menu except the 5 bean chili (even the jacket potatoes are bad aren't they?). I was hoping for a second option but looks like I'm out of luck! Thanks for those values, I was right, shocking!! :eek:

6. Snacky

Snacky Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I went to Wetherspoons at the weekend, before reading this thread, and chose the Thai noodles, as they were low in calories. Does anyone have any idea how many syns they are? :confused:

7. Beegee

Beegee The Big One

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st7lb(39.03%)
    Diet:
    SW Online (Green)
    Is it the thai noodle salad with chicken? That's the only one listed, it's 16.5 on ee / red, 19 on green.

8. Snacky

Snacky Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    It was just noodles by themselves, but thanks for looking :) It must be really new on the menu!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.