New year, fresh start, new target and new goals

jenniecakes

Gold Member
I've decided since the new year is fast approaching and since the past couple of months I've messed around a little bit with slimming world... I needed a fresh start and a brand new diary.

The story so far... SW started for me in Feb 2014 between then and now, I got from 10st 10lb to 9st 7lb (Target) and became a target member. However, after a few months bouncing around target I've decided I would like to lower this and aim for the 8st 10lb mark. That would make it a 2 stone total loss, and would hopefully but me more around the 8 - 10 dress size, rather than the 10 - 12's which for summer, I think would be perfect.

I also started running in Feb 2014 and since then have raced in 2 10k's and 1 half marathon. My aim this year is to improve on those.

Let's start today with a good plan!!

Food Diary

Breakfast
35g porridge with 125ml Skimmed Milk. Chopped banana.
Tea with semi-skimmed milk (30ml)

Lunch
Pea and Ham soup from greenhalghs (Syn free) with Grapes and apple

Snack
Sweet and spicy mugshot

Tea
Jamie Oliver inspired Chilli con carne (Chickpeas, kidney beans, pepper, carrot, celery, 5% mince beef) with Spinach and sweet potato wedges.

Banana and low fat custarf, 250g (11.5 syns)
Chocolate spread (2 syns)

Exercise
Running, outdoors (31 minutes - 3.2 miles)

Last edited:
Aw! Thankyouuuu. I feel like I could have possibly tried a bit harder. Especially towards the end of the year... But hey ho, I've done well getting to where I am now.
Training schedule is done for the next 8 weeks before half marathon. And I'm looking at getting back on this new slimming world extra easy this week.

First target is to get back to running 4 times a week. Regularly.
Second target is get under 9st 7lb !! I seem to get there and everytime bounce back up.

Jen - I started the year at 11 stone, reached 9.10 and am now back up to 11 again!!!!! You have done marvellously my dear!!!!

Easily done though isn't it. From this past week, I could easily fall back into bad habits. Good luck this year!! we can all get slimmer together then.

Finished yesterday on 13.5 syns which considering the majority was on a bowl of custard and I had a fight with myself between a banana and a mince pie, I did pretty well!!

Today should start to get easier I think. Bought lots of nice things for my lunch from Tesco this morning, all syn free :)
I have weigh-in tonight and we are picking up our new packs, and although I've read that it's not too dissimilar to what I've already been doing, it'll be nice for a little bit more motivation for the new year.

Only 1.5 days left in work as well which is nice.

Food Diary

Breakfast
Scrambled egg, baked beans, mushrooms and tomato

Lunch
Salad, sweet chilli chicken and fruit pot

Snacks
Shape 0% fat yogurt and apple

Tea
Steak and onions, new potatoes with brocolli and peas

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE EVERYONE!!

I can't believe we've already come to the end of 2014. It's been such a great year for me, with a few hurdles along the way.

I started and got to target with SW firstly.
I started running and completed 2 10k races and 1 half marathon.
I moved in with my boyfriend.
We had our first holiday together.
I moved up a band at work.
I paid off my credit card... and added a bit more on with next years holiday... :)
I joined a running club.
I was bridesmaid for my best friend.

There are probably lots more things that I will think of over the day as well, but they are the main ones.

I weighed in last night and I some how managed to eat myself into putting 5lb on over Xmas with still tonight to go... Oops!! However. We will draw a line under this from tomorrow morning and start a fresh year with lots of great healthy eating and running and fitness plan in place.

Have a great day and evening everyone.
All the best for the new year.

New Year, New Start!
Happy New Year!

Happy-New-Year-2015.jpg

Managed my first 100% day yesterday :)
Very proud of myself for getting through it. Only 1/15 syns used.

Today is looking fairly similar. In work all day and hoping to get out for a run after work too. Probably do 4 miles - 1 mile warm-up then, 1 minute easy, 2 minutes quick.

Food Diary

Breakfast
35g porridge with 100ml skimmed milk. Strawberries and raspberries.

Lunch
Chicken and salad. Apple and clementines.

Tea
Pork with veggies

Yay 2 more friends. I've been having a think and tonight... I'm just going to get home, get my running stuff on and get outside!!
Being too much of a wuss with the cold windy wet weather at the moment, just need to get my gloves on and go.
It's only 7 weeks and 2 days until my half marathon, on the sea front at blackpool, and no doubt that will be colder and windier than ever.

Here's the plan week by week

Week/Day
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
Week 1
30 mins easy
Rest/cross-train