New Year, New Me... Again!

Trinalouise

Hi All,

Happy New Year everyone!!!

I am here writing in preparation for starting Slimming World on Wednesday evening, sorry if this post becomes quite long!!

I know it's cliche, but I have the power of New Year behind me and am more determined than ever to make some major changes in my life.

I have been big all my life and have always made excuses for that. I have never truly been able to stick to a diet and have always had very little will power. But I think that is because I haven't ever really hit rock bottom, till now, or at least come this close before!!

I am now getting to the point where I can really feel my weight affecting me in my day-to-day life. I get really breathless after one flight of stairs; my knees are starting to hurt more, getting up from the floor is difficult, etc. I have never been very fit, but this is the worst it has ever been.

I don’t know what I weigh now, I will have to wait till Wednesday night, but I know for sure that I will have put weight on since my last feeble attempt at Slimming World before summer.

But I feel ready now. I have an amazing boyfriend who does what he can to support me with this. It is hard for someone to understand if they have never been here before, but he does the best he can. He never judges me for the way I look and loves me the way I am, so I am making these changes mostly for me, which I think will help!! (Of course, I want to do it for him too, but that comes from my self-confidence and me).

I find it really difficult to talk to people about these things and so I guess that I why I am here. I used to be able to talk with my mum as she struggled all her life too, but she unfortunately passed away two years ago.

So with my gym pass and my Slimming World books at the ready, I am hoping to make some new friends along the way.

Good luck to everyone this week, I am sure we can do it together J

Trina x

Happy New Year Trina!!!

I have failed so many times before I am going to give Lipotrim a go and probably back to Slimming World to keep my weight off.

I am making 2016 my year.

We can do this!!!

Wishing you good luck with Slimming World

Hey Trina
I am similar to you had a few attempts at SW, last one in 2014. Joined the gym in October last year and struggled to go in December.
However determined to loose this year. Joining SW class for the third time in three years tomorrow and going to try for the gym three times a week. Booked for metafit in the morning at 7 am, will be the first class I have done there and terified I show myself up. ....!
Good luck on your journey and will follow your thread
Susan

Good luck lovely! It sounds like you are really determined and I'm sure with the meeting once a week and the forum you'll get all the support you need :)

Can't wait to see how you get on and here's to cheering each other on! xx

Back