New year, new start, new diary!

skinnycowtobe

Hello to anyone that might be reading my ramblings. I ‘fell off the wagon’ quite a while ago sadly, so I thought rather than going back to my old diary I’d start a new one. Fresh start and all that…

So in my last diary it was all about getting weight off for my wedding – my wedding was 5th June 2014 and I started Slimming World in January 2014. I’d tried Weight Watchers, calorie counting amongst other things but looking back Slimming World is the only thing that’s ever really worked well for me, and definitely the plan I’ve had the biggest losses on. I don’t know whether that is because Slimming World truly does suit me better or whether I just had better motivation because I had a size 10 wedding dress to get into (!) but, well, either way it worked so here I am again. I was also going to the gym regularly so that probably helped too.

My start weight last January was 11st 5lb (and I was about a size 14), and my goal weight was 9st 7lb (wanted to fit comfortably in a size 10). I never quite reached 9st 7lb but I did manage to get to 9st 11lb, and I did manage to get in a size 10 – in fact my wedding dress ended up having to be taken in! I did have a bit of a stressful period a few weeks before the wedding so I spent a couple of weeks eating barely anything at all and then another couple of weeks eating lots of naughty stuff so I think when I actually flew to Greece for my wedding I was about 9st 13lb. We were in Greece for 2 weeks and had an amazing time, I ate and drank what I liked with all good intentions of starting SW again when we got home but oops, somehow I’ve never quite managed to get back into it.

Looking back, I’m really quite annoyed with myself because I have basically undone all my hard work from last year, and I’m almost back at square one. I realised at the beginning of December that I’d got quite a bit bigger and clothes were tight on me, but I decided to leave it until January to start again. New year, new start! Plus I went on holiday with my sister for a week in December, 1 week all inclusive to Sharm El Sheikh so lots of lovely food and cocktails! I certainly didn’t want to diet while I was on holiday. And then of course we had Christmas.

I’m such a yo yo dieter though and I really need to make changes to stop that! I don’t want to spend the rest of my life spending the first half of the year losing weight and the second half putting it all back on – lol. I think my problem with SW is that, although it gives me really good losses, because of all the free foods I never really learn portion control – so as soon as I stop following it I end up putting weight back on. Plus, to be honest over the last 6 months I have just made bad choices – I probably drink a bit more now (I wouldn’t say I drink a lot but I am partial to a bottle of Prosecco at the weekend!) and me and the hubby have been eating far too many takeaways. I did just fine when we used to have one a week as treat, so we need to go back to that.

I’m still a member of the gym and promised myself I’d start going regularly again so I should probably force myself to go tonight! :jelous:

I’m going to put my goal weight for now as 9st 11lb which is the weight I reached last time. Once I get to that maybe I’ll try and get down to 9st 7lb but I’ll leave it as that for now as I know I’ve done it before so should be able to do it again!

So yesterday’s food:

Tuesday 6 January 2015

Breakfast - Oat so simple porridge & milk (HEa abd HEb) & 1 sugar (1 syn)
Lunch - Mugshot (free), Baked beans (free), Mullerlight strawberry cheesecake (1 syn)
Dinner – SW chilli and rice (free)
Snacks - Tassimo latte (1.5 syns), Alpen light choc (3.5 syns), Tassimo latte (1.5 syns), Club biscuit (5 syns)

Total syns 13.5

And today’s (will add to this later):

Wednesday 7 January 2015

Breakfast - Breakfast muffins (free), skinny latte (HEa) with 1 sugar (1 syn), 1 x Alpen light choc (half of HEb)
Lunch – leftover chilli from last night (free)
Dinner - Batchelors pasta n sauce cheese, leek & ham (1 syn), 1 piece garlic bread (4.5 syns)
Snacks - 1 x Alpen light choc (other half of HEb)

Last edited:
Meant to add – I’ve read here and there that apparently the SW plan has changed but to be honest it all sounded a bit confusing. I might have a look later down the line but for now I’m going to stick to Extra Easy like I did before.

Also - I'm slightly worried about losing motivation this time, last year I had my wedding coming up so everyt ime I was tempted I just imagined myself looking fat in my wedding dress! Obviously now my wedding is all done and dusted (sob) although at the end of may we are going back to Lindos in Rhodes (where we got married) for 2 weeks so I think I'll aim to have got to my goal by then!

Found out some before and after pics! They all seem to be quite small but I think you can see a bigger version if you click on the photo itself.

Before

These are some particularly awful ones. I was about a size 14 which I know isn't massive, but I just don't seem to suit being any bigger than a 12 - any more than that and I get a fat face and just flab everywhere! :mad:
sw2.jpgsw3.jpg

After

Quite a few more 'after' ones - can you tell I like these better ;) These first 3 are from my hen do - I want to cry when I see how skinny I am in the last pic!

sw1.jpgsw5.jpgsw6.jpg

And then these are from my wedding, and the last one was one evening on holiday a few days before my wedding.

sw9.jpgsw8.jpgsw7.jpg

I need to keep looking back at these when I'm tempted to eat something bad! I think I might do another 'before' photo too so I can do another 'after' one - when I've got the weight back off for good :D I'll see if I can get my daughter to do a pic later! xx

wow!! you look completely different between the 2 photo's. Well done you! I'm here to subscribe x

Amazing! Love the journey so far and so lovely to have you back. You look absolutely stunning on your wedding photos too!

wow!! you look completely different between the 2 photo's. Well done you! I'm here to subscribe x

Thank you! Unfortunately I'm somewhere between the two at the moment! xx

Amazing! Love the journey so far and so lovely to have you back. You look absolutely stunning on your wedding photos too!

Thanks, lovely to catch up with you :) ah thank you - I'll add a few more later xx

I had a sneaky weigh this morning and it's showing 1lb off so fingers crossed for my proper weigh in tomorrow. Even 1lb I'll be happy with as it means I'll have achieved my first mini goal of getting out of the 11st bracket and into the 10s!

Today's food:

Breakfast - Skinny latte (HEa) and 1 sugar (1 syn), apple, 2 x choc Alpen lights (HEb)
Lunch - Mugshot, baked beans, was going to have a banana but felt full!
Dinner - Made SW campfire stew in the slow cooker last night so I had some of this - it was YUM and completely FREE! The kids liked it too :)
Snacks - small dairy milk 4syns, Tassimo latte & 1 sugar 2.5 syns, club biscuit 5 syns

Total syns: 12.5

Last edited:
Weigh in this morning - 1lb off! I'm happy with that, only started Monday so it's not even been a full week. A loss is a loss after all :D it also means that I've managed my first mini goal of getting back into the 10st bracket, yay. Just need to keep it up now. I also joined the January challenge and have set myself the target of losing 7lb in January so we'll see how that goes - 6lb to go!

I'll update food later x

Hi, here to subscribe!
Wow you did so well last year, which of course means you can definitely do it again! Photos are fab and what great inspiration for you.
Well done on your loss this week, I'm sure it will continue :)

Hi, here to subscribe!
Wow you did so well last year, which of course means you can definitely do it again! Photos are fab and what great inspiration for you.
Well done on your loss this week, I'm sure it will continue :)

Thank you, yes I just need to keep looking at them to remind myself I can do it, I need to look like the second photos again! xx

Oops – well not a fabulous start today. I brought my fat free greek yogurt to work to have for breakfast with some fruit/honey and then got here and it’s a lady’s last day before she starts maternity leave so she brought lots of cakes in and she brought my favourite – Cadburys Swiss Gateau! I looove it. So HAD to have a slice of it, so that ended up being my breakfast, oops. Friday is generally takeaway night too, we and the hubby did say we’ll stop eating rubbish every night but would still keep one night as takeaway/treat night so I’m just going to go with it to be honest. When I lost all my weight last year we were still having a weekly takeaway and it didn’t seem to affect my losses so I’m just going to see how it goes, obviously if I find I’m not losing then will have to re-think it!

I’m in Manchester all day tomorrow working so I need to find something to take with me to eat for lunch, I normally just buy a sandwich from boots or something but I don’t think there’s many that are SW friendly! I might make some breakfast muffins tonight so I can eat them on the train in the morning. Hope everyone has a good day x

Hi you!! Here to subscribe... lovin' the look of your food! Have already found inspiration here as I'd never heard of Campfire Stew before. Will be trying that out shortly :)

Well done on your loss - excellent start!

Here to sub :) I could have written your first post! Similar start weight and I got down into the 9s last time too.

What height are you? x

Oops – well not a fabulous start today. I brought my fat free greek yogurt to work to have for breakfast with some fruit/honey and then got here and it’s a lady’s last day before she starts maternity leave so she brought lots of cakes in and she brought my favourite – Cadburys Swiss Gateau! I looove it. So HAD to have a slice of it, so that ended up being my breakfast, oops. Friday is generally takeaway night too, we and the hubby did say we’ll stop eating rubbish every night but would still keep one night as takeaway/treat night so I’m just going to go with it to be honest. When I lost all my weight last year we were still having a weekly takeaway and it didn’t seem to affect my losses so I’m just going to see how it goes, obviously if I find I’m not losing then will have to re-think it!

I’m in Manchester all day tomorrow working so I need to find something to take with me to eat for lunch, I normally just buy a sandwich from boots or something but I don’t think there’s many that are SW friendly! I might make some breakfast muffins tonight so I can eat them on the train in the morning. Hope everyone has a good day x

Wish I'd seen this the other day. I usually go to marks and spencers food when I'm out and about. They do good low syn options. Or asda's chicken and mango salad is really tasty too, but they keep it with all the fruit and veg in my supermarket, so sometimes a little bit harder to find.

Here to sub :) I could have written your first post! Similar start weight and I got down into the 9s last time too.

What height are you? x

I'm 5'2 so any extra pounds really don't look good on me! :mad: xx

Wish I'd seen this the other day. I usually go to marks and spencers food when I'm out and about. They do good low syn options. Or asda's chicken and mango salad is really tasty too, but they keep it with all the fruit and veg in my supermarket, so sometimes a little bit harder to find.

Ooh thanks I’ll have to remember about M&S. I tried that Asda chicken and mango salad you suggested, that was yum! How are you doing this week? Will have a read of your diary in a bit x

Oops, not been too great at updating this week – not a good start! I’ve been finishing work and getting the kids to bed and then going to bed myself not long after – not been in the best frame of mind this week as have a couple of issues going on, health wise and life wise – lol. Oh well got to plod on and hope that everything works out in the end.

Anyway on the bright side even though I’ve been rubbish at recording my food in here, I’ve still been doing pretty well at sticking to plan. The weekend ended up being a bit naughty with a takeaway Friday night and then a pizza on Saturday but oh well, onwards and upwards. Last time I did SW I often had a naughty weekend and then stuck to plan all week and still had losses so will see what happens. If I don’t lose then I’ll know why! Mind you it’s the wrong time of the month at the moment (!) so not expecting a great weight loss this week anyway. I had a sneaky weigh yesterday morning (that seems to have become the Wednesday morning ‘thing’ now – a little sneaky jump on the scales before I get dressed for work!) and I’d stayed the same, was still 10st 13.5lb so we’ll see if that’s changed tomorrow morning. I’m not going to be too massively disappointed if I haven’t lost though. It’s been a bit harder this week too as our fridge has broken so I’ve had to be a bit more inventive with meals (or nipping to Asda on some days to go and get something to cook for dinner!). We’ve just about managed though and the new fridge should be here later thankfully.

Anyway here is today’s food, will add lunch and dinner etc later.

Breakfast – Mullerlight greek style strawberry yogurt (0.5 syn), latte made with semi skimmed milk (HEa) & 1 sugar (1 syn), 2 x Alpen light choc bars (HEb)

Weigh in today and 2.5lb off this week so that was a nice surprise! I'm actually looking forward to getting back into exercise in a couple of weeks or so. It'll be dragging myself there the first couple of times that'll be the hard bit but I remember how much I used to enjoy it once I was actually there. I need to remember to do my measurements too as I know sometimes it can be better keeping track of them rather than the number on the scales!

Same height as me so I know the feeling.

Well done on sticking to plan despite life getting in the way. Hope things get better soon x

Thanks :D that weight loss this week was a nice boost anyway!

Back