new year new start

kalie

Hi everyone

sorry for not posting for ages ( I think it's been months!).
Good to see new people here and I wish you all the success with your weight losses!

well I think that a update is required. I was dreading the xmas period but thankfully I did not over indulge.

I have kept my weight down to 9 stones and my BMI is 22.3.However, I am finding it soooooooo hard to get the last few pounds off. Ideally i would like to be around the 8 stones 4 pounds mark so that if I do put a few pounds on it wont be that bad.

I have stuck to my 30 mins of cross training and 20 squats a day. i have also started to walk up an down the huge flight of stairs at work during lunch time .

My problem area has always been my bum and my upper and lower leg areas . I have seen a difference but the weight does not seem to shift !

Anyway I will continue and I am hoping that come the summer I would reach my weight goal.

Todays Menu
I skipped breakfast I was not hungry
Morning : 2 teas
hot chocolate (light)
1 pear

Mid afternoon cup of tea with 1 chocolate finger

Dinner :chicken & rice and water

later a cup of tea and a biscuit

I usually do my exercises in the morning which I find help ease my bloating and boosts my metabolism .;)

Well done over Christmas, Kalie, sounds like you did really well. :)

Which low GI/GL plan are you following? If you are struggling with the last few pounds a few suggestions you might consider are:

breakfast - if you get into the habit then you will feel hungry in the morning. this really gets your metabolism burning for the day - it stokes the fire so to speak. without breakfast your body is still sort of sleeping and won't be burning as many calories.

biscuits - I'd be careful with chocolate fingers, biscuits etc especially if you don't have them with some kind of protein. they will be high GI and your blood sugar will go all over the place leading your body to want to store fat.

enough food? with the amount of exercise you're doing and the fact that I can't spot any lunch in your menu you might actually be eating too little, which can make your body very reluctant to give up any of its reserve fuel (aka fat). have you tried using something like my fitness pal to check calories in/out against your body's requirements?

All the best; I'm sure you will do well. Congratulations on your loss to date! :)

Congratulations Kalie on your weightloss! You've done really well!

I agree with Plum, you aren't eating enough meals. You posted only dinner, and had snacks throughout the day. That can really hinder you losing those last pounds, as you might be actually starving your body. I've learned the hard way of starving myself, and actually ended up gaining weight.

Keep up the good work with your exercise, and I would also really recommend eating all three meals, as they really do make a big difference in your body trying to hold onto weight.

Thanks guys for your posts , you are right that day I hadn't eaten lot of food. Plumfoodie I follow the rick gallops GI diet which has been amazing for me. I would definitively recommend getting his book as it is a useful guide.

I know others that do the Rosemary Conley but to be honest i believe that rick gallops Gi diet is the best.

I have continued with my 30 min of cross training and 20 squats.
Break fast
1 slice of burgen bead
2 teas
tuna salad for lunch
1 Irish yogurt
dinner: lentils with wholemeal chapati
2 teas

I keep you guys updated and good luck with your weight losses xxx

Food looks good Kalie :) Keep up the good work!

You've done so well you are an inspiration to us newbies!!!!

Keep going and good luck. I'll keep following your journey to see how its going and get ideas

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back