New year new start!!

kelle8787

Hey all, I'm new to weight watchers always done skimming world, I currently weight 17st2, two years ago I successfully lost 4 st and was the happiest I can remember I wasn't at target weight but the confidence it gave me was a huge boost, needless to say along with the confidence came a lot more social events, and would end with oh ill get back on it tomorrow, which I'm sure for many it never comes, well to cut to the chase two years later I've now gained all my 4 st loss plus an extra for good measure, been new to weight watchers I'm wondering if anyone had got any advice tips and support as all would be greatly appreciated, hopefully 2013 will be a year to remember and we all achieve wat we are so desperately searching for? xxx

Hi,

Welcome to WW!

Your starting with a great mindset which is the first step. My main tips for being successful are plan your week ahead if possible! This sounds simple but how many times have you got to tea time and been undecided what to have or forgotten to defrost something so ended up with a takeaway or a frozen pizza (this of course, may just be me!). Also, by planning ahead, you can plan your food shop and limit the chances of buying too much rubbish! I used to always end up at the shop when i was hungry and would stock up on fancy but calorific bread or cakes and such like. My last tip is make sure you eat things you enjoy if only in moderation. If you feel like you are depriving yourself then you are more likely to cheat or slip up. Even when you do have a bad day, just start again the next day and move on. Guilt is a wasteful emotion and the odd blip won't kill you!

Good luck!

Yep that sounds exactly like me, ha, I'm very determined but my downfall is I'm not organised I never plan ahead which I'm going to have to change if I want to improve my health and life I no I can do it I lost 4 stone in 5 months two years ago on sw without much trying so thank u for the advice u shall take it inboard. X

Update. Well I've been doin weight watchers for 2 weeks today so far so Gud in fact I'm amazed how much I have lost so quickly. Starting weight 17 st 2 lb 2/01/13. 1st week. 16 st 10lb. 9/01/13. 2nd week. 16st. 2lb. 16/01/13.

Hey all, I'm new to weight watchers always done skimming world, I currently weight 17st2, two years ago I successfully lost 4 st and was the happiest I can remember I wasn't at target weight but the confidence it gave me was a huge boost, needless to say along with the confidence came a lot more social events, and would end with oh ill get back on it tomorrow, which I'm sure for many it never comes, well to cut to the chase two years later I've now gained all my 4 st loss plus an extra for good measure, been new to weight watchers I'm wondering if anyone had got any advice tips and support as all would be greatly appreciated, hopefully 2013 will be a year to remember and we all achieve wat we are so desperately searching for? xxx

Hey, I posted a thread called "tracking" yesterday. If you click into it, another forum member called Howie has posted a great list of tips and useful ideas for a person starting out. Well worth a read ;)

Back