New Year - Time for a New Me

Cee Cee

I want to feel good and enjoy shopping
Hi All,

Firstly I am no expert in fact, every diet I have tired in the past has not worked.

The only time I have lost a substantial amount of weight was after a car accident and a divorce neither of which I would recommend or choose to repeat.

So I have decided to take a new grown up approach (@42) and rejoin SW and purchase some exercise equipment for home and change my bad habits of eating everything nice (cake, takeaway, chocolate & red wine) and sitting 99% of the time either at a desk or on the sofa for

Good habits - changing my behaviours

Think about food choices

Do some exercise every day ( walking the dogs to using the cross trainer)

Make the fruit and veg and butchers my best friends rather than Indian & Chinese takeaway

Reward myself with outings and gifts rather than food and wine

***Ok so now I have shared my plans

Question how are you going to change to reach your goals, my idea is if we share our changes and experiences we may help each other to reach our goals - as everything in life is so much easier with friends supporting you.

Look forward to making friends and changing my life for the better.

(Hubby is on this journey too, will tell him after the first couple of weeks haha)

Cee Cee

Motivating post, Cee Cee. Thank you.

It pretty much echoes my goals, even down to my hubby being put on SW although he wont know it!

I want long term changes, no more yo-yo dieting!

Lots of walking for me, as well as fruits, veg, lean meats.

I have started on plan already. Re-joining group in a week. Saturday 2 Jan.

Thanks Sally

I have started to think about food choices and made some small decisions, last night bag of crisps instead of a curry.

This morning needed sugar after 2/3 glasses of red wine - only had 2 chocolate biscuits instead of the whole packet.

I have I believe around 5 stone to lose, so it will be a life change rather than a quick fix.

Best of luck with your journey - keep in touch be great to see how we progress and change our mirror reflections in 2016

Off to parents later will need lots of determineation to stay away from biscuit draw and chocolate cupboard - yes u read correct my mom has a cupboard full of chocolate !!!! All year round

Thanks Sally

I have started to think about food choices and made some small decisions, last night bag of crisps instead of a curry.

This morning needed sugar after 2/3 glasses of red wine - only had 2 chocolate biscuits instead of the whole packet.

I have I believe around 5 stone to lose, so it will be a life change rather than a quick fix.

Best of luck with your journey - keep in touch be great to see how we progress and change our mirror reflections in 2016

Off to parents later will need lots of determineation to stay away from biscuit draw and chocolate cupboard - yes u read correct my mom has a cupboard full of chocolate !!!! All year round

I very much agree about it needing to be a life change rather than quick fix. Thank you, I am very determined to get to target and then maintain. Would be helpful to keep in touch.

Good luck with staying away from your mom's cupboard full of chocolate!

Good luck everyone with all your plans for the New Year.

I think it is all in the planning so that is what I am going to do. I am rejoining SW (again!) need the class and the weigh in or I only have myself to cheat.

Have a wedding and a holiday for June so I am going to aim on losing 3 stone by then, its not all of it but it is 1/2. If I put too much pressure on myself I set myself up to fail so anything over the three stone will be a bonus. Going to try and up my walking, walk to work at least once a week and even find my bike and ride to work as well.

Lara x

I plan on (starting tomorrow!)

-cutting out take aways and instead preparing healthy and yummy options myself! (fakeaways here we come)
-increasing exercise to 3-4 times a week whilst trying to avoid super high impact and (the bad sort of) pain.
-not having bad snacks in and instead having 'good' snacks that won't take me off track. (yup out go the Xmas treats left in!)
-avoiding those mid-week trips to the shop that often result in unhealthier choices.

Hey Cee cee. I'm on this about a month now and following SW since the summer. I have about three stone to loose. Still not sure of a final target but once it is gone I will think about it.

I understand the rewarding about food and wine. I now use beauty products or pretty handbags/shoes as a reward as opposed to previously treating myself to Indian food or onion rings

Good luck Cee Cee on your journey.I too need to go back to sw and the gym..I've lost my way in the last 4 months and its slowly creeping back up on me! But hey ho new year new me

I very much agree about it needing to be a life change rather than quick fix. Thank you, I am very determined to get to target and then maintain. Would be helpful to keep in touch.

Good luck with staying away from your mom's cupboard full of chocolate!
Well I did well at Moms, she made homemade cottage pie had 1 piece of chocolate - all went well till got home then invited out to watch live music, 2 glasses of wine and a curry - the scales confirm no change - even after walking - even walked to the pub.

But hey another day another opportunity to get it right - housework day today - lucky me haha

Hey Cee cee. I'm on this about a month now and following SW since the summer. I have about three stone to loose. Still not sure of a final target but once it is gone I will think about it.

I understand the rewarding about food and wine. I now use beauty products or pretty handbags/shoes as a reward as opposed to previously treating myself to Indian food or onion rings
Hi Marybobs,

Shoes, handbags and beauty products sounds fab

Hi Cee Cee
Good luck on your journey, I also follow SW re-started sw for the umpteenth time in sept 2014 got to almost 4.5 st lost in june and from june til now have put 2st back on been losing and gaining those blimming pounds for months!
am currently at 2st 8 lost now with another 2.5 stone minimum to go....again!
I have an issue with chocolate and sweet foods, as in find it hard to stop at one! usually ends in mega binges:confused:
Something I need to get back under control again!

You can do it !
well done on resisting stuff at your mums, good start :)

It is all about planning, thinking, making right choices along with determination and a shed load of will power at times!:D

Hi Zafria,

I will need determination in bucket loads.

I have the size 6 jeans hanging on outside of wardrobe door, however my first goal is to get into my wedding dress size 12 from Monsoon

I really want to go out more and eat less - haha

I was 8 stone when I met my husband, however in 9 years my children have grown up and left home to start their families and I have carried on cooking for 5 plus yet only feeding 2 and a life without wine and chocolate would be so dull, so I intend to just make some changes to volumes of both instead of my own packets of chocolates and biscuits will limit to 1 or 2 a well that is my plan

Good luck with getting back on track, you will do it

Good luck Cee Cee on your journey.I too need to go back to sw and the gym..I've lost my way in the last 4 months and its slowly creeping back up on me! But hey ho new year new me
Hi Janet

You will do it, 2016 is the year we all lose and Britian no longer has news stories about being one of the countries to have the most overweight and obese adults, mind you the supermarkets don't help - all fresh food is never on special yet processed high calorie good is always on special.

Time to shop local for me - we have a butchers and farm shop close buy - plan to get other stuff cleaning etc online no temptation that way

Good luck for 2016, keep in touch

You sound so motivated Cee Cee, I think half the battle is having your head in the right place x

I have 3 stone to lose, one major thing i need to cut is coffee's.. i don't like black plain coffee but adore the milky ones, the lattes/ cappuccino's. Even going for the skimmed milk, i have too many and this major contributor to my weight

And bread.... evil .. i LOVE bread, and find just having it once a day as a HEB hard, but determined to stick to it this time.

Back