New Years Resolutions

julesm

Slimming World
Hey everyone!

What are your new year's resolutions then?

Obviously I aim to continue with Slimming World but I decided that before the new year!

I've decided I want to
1. Drink less alcohol,
2. See more of my nice friends, but still drinking less alcohol,
3. Do more exercise and do the 5km run that happens EVERY Saturday in the park just across the road from me as often as possible (no excuses really!),
4. Read more books
5. Stop having cheeky cigarettes when I go out!
6. Be better /more careful with money.

I'm thinking 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6 will go together hand in hand. If I am drinking less I am less likely to be in situations where I am going to smoke. If I am drinking less I am more likely to be up for getting up at 9am to run 5km! If I am drinking less I am less likely to be wasting money on booze / drunken frivolous things!!!

As a first step to achieve them my boyfriend and I have signed up for a CineWorld unlimited pass - only £13.50 a month, and I've texted all my friends to tell them about it too. A lot of them are going to sign up for one too. I am hoping this will encourage me to go out to the movies more to see my friends and that this will stop me from going to the pub as often. It will also help me save money on social outings and shopping!

Another thing me and my boyfriend were saying - as we love having people over for meals we are going to invite people for Sunday lunch. At the moment we invite people on Friday or Saturday nights and it's lovely and we have a lovely time chatting to our friends before we know it, it's 4 o clock in the morning and we have drunk loads and the next day is wasted. Inviting people on a Sunday would mean less likely to drink and also would distract me from the "Sunday blues" I get on Sundays!!

What about you guys? Any New Years Resolutions / ideas how to achieve what you want? Any suggestions on how I can do mine appreciated too!!!

Hi hun theres a thread on this already lower down the page x

Back