New Years Resolutions???

Lucylu79

Gold Member
Do you have any yet??

Mine is to try and tackle the way I deal with food in general...:eek:

I LOVE food, Its on my mind morning, noon and night. I love cooking and spend a lot of time during the day thinking about what i'm going to have for tea, how i'm going to cook it etc etc etc. There are so many more things to think about in life and I don't think this will ever go away??!!

I adore the SW plan..I get to eat what I want (within reason of corse) when I want, and still lose weight.

The trouble is my hubby and I do eat very large portions and with our 8month old son soon to be copying what we do we want to tackle our excessive portion sizes.

I am not looking forward to this at all....Has anyone succesfully done it?

I know that I have eaten wayyyy to much sometimes because I often eat until I get that 'overful' feeling, and I think its that feeling that I need help with. I seem to want to get to that place when really I feel sluggish, sleepy and well like a piglet!!!

Smaller plates, more veg, drink plenty of fluids while you're eating. Sometimes our bodies tell us we're hungry, when in fact we're parched with thirst.

Every year I used to make the resolution to lose weight. I don't need to make that false promise to myself this year, because I've already begun. I think I'll make a resolution to myself to put myself in one position every week/month where I have to be in control and out on a limb in public, to build up my self confidence. Be it speaking up in group or introducing myself to a stranger.

One of the ladies in my group, (she has a bit to loose) she eats big portions, but of SW food. She says she makes a SW lasagne which is for 4 people and eats the lot and then still looses weight. I am not sure though never tested the theory. I do have large dinners but mostly ss food.

My New Years Resolution is to get out there and enjoy life, instead of saying, "when i loose weight, this is what i will do."

Yikes, a lasagna for 4 all to myself....Not syre I could eat all that!

Totally true though, I have been thirstly over hunger and so the theory of the glass of water before a meal must work surely!

Thanks for the replies ladies! My over resolution is to set my target!!!

I normally say I need to lose weight too or give myself a target to lose x amount by x date which is usually unobtainable.

This year I'm just aiming to continue on the general downward spiral, try and eat my 5 a day (or more if possible) and maintain a healthy diet.

Portion control is the word of choice but.......ya know......if we could control our portion sizes we wouldn't be on this forum lol!

It's so difficult to cook just for two, put a portion on your plate and not do the obvious which is divide the pot etc. between two when in fact, it serves four! Yes it will freeze usually but.....if we had that control we wouldn't be overweight. :(

This coming year I'm changing my habits, just little ones....nothing that isn't doable such as smaller portions, if I fall off the wagon, get right back on it a.s.a.p. and continue with the weekly meeting because this is the only way I can keep motivated. Lastly, when I finally get back down........I need to promise myself to keep it off this time and not slowly slide back up!

Mine is simply to stick at it.

I want to stick at plan, no matter how tough it gets. I won't give up this time - I'm determined that this is my second and last time.

I may still have a long way to go, and it may take me quite some time, but I know that if I stick at it I'll get to where I want to be in the end :)

Mmm I dont really buy the portion reduction thing. To me thats when it starts to turn into a D - I - E - T. The point for me in SW is that there is always something you can have to fill up on and not feel deprived. ALWAYS. I fill my plate full, bursting with superfree stuff and never feel deprived.

What is the point in reducing the size of a meal full of superfree, Id knock, what, 50 calories off it? 100? Thats like eating one apple less a day. Thats why theres a difference between superfree, free and syns. There is no reason to restrict portion size provided you are filling things up with superfree - it does it for you. Simples! :)

My news year resolution is to get to target I've farted round all year and yo yo'd and have lost about 7lbs all year ? my target is 13.5 lbs away I wanted it for Christmas but that's not going to happen but I'm going to get it before I go to new York in may I WILL and I CAN do it my Christmas resolution is to get back in to 8 stone bracket only 1.5 lbs away then I will tackle the rest after crimbo have lots on so going to go for maintains once I get into the 8's

I have two resolutions

First one is to stick to plan and use the extra hex`s I`m now allowed having recently gor to target.

The second one is for every week I`m still at target I will save the money I`d normally spend at SW and buy myself something nice. (dunno what yet!)

I'm not going to make a weight-related NYR this year! I'm just going to carry on doing what I'm doing, so I don't feel I need to make another promise to myself - I'm just keeping the promise that I've already made :)

So, I have two resolutions this year! First, to get back into tidying/cleaning the house the Flylady way (this is a method of building up routines so that you get rid of all your clutter gradually, stop it building up again, and keep on top of your housework by doing a little each day.) I was following it well until I moved house at the end of last year, and it all fell by the wayside. My house isn't dirty, it's just untidy and cluttered, so I want to get back in control!

Second, I want to write a Mills and Boon romance, and submit it. (I'd like to resolve to get it published as well, lol, but since that's out of my control I'll just hope for that instead!)

I think 2012 is going to be a good year! :D

my resolutions is to really try and not forget friend and family birthdays

I haven't decided which line yet - maybe a Nocturne (paranormal). I love me a vampire :D I know it's not fashionable to admit it, but I really enjoy category romance!

tallsarah said:
my resolutions is to really try and not forget friend and family birthdays

Prima once had a tip I loved, about having two posting dates a month the 1st and the 15th, any birthdays after the 16th but before the 3rd get posted on the 15th, and any that are after the 3rd but before the 16th post on the first of the month.

Write in the envelope 'open on...' whatever date!

Take it one stage further, buy all your regular cards in January and keep them in a folder.
I make my cards and try to do them in Jan!

Great post and has made me think about what id like to achieve next year. Im getting married in September so my new years resolution are:

1: Get to my target weight around feb/march.
2: When target weight is reached - im going to join gym to tone up.
3. Be as supportive as I can to my partner who is also doing SW.
4. To be a better friend to my friends.

Back