New years resolutions

Malc-D

One day at a time
Well, it's getting to that time of the year, xmas is just around the corner and the year is nearly over.

My new year's resolutions for 2012:
* Join minimins (after being a lurker for a year) and post as often as possible: DONE
* Continue with the gym: DONE
* Fit into 'Large' size tshirts by xmas/new year: DONE
* Wear size 36/38" Jeans by xmas/new year: DONE
* Lose 3 stone by xmas/new years:DONE
* Run 30K on cross trainer: DONE

My new year's resolutions for 2013:

* Continue with the gym
* Wear size 32/34" Jeans by xmas/new years 2013
* Fit into (most shops) Medium tshirts by xmas/new years 2013
* Lose 1 1/2 Stone by xmas/new years 2013 (i know my weight loss is slowing down, so i'm being realistic :( )
* Run a marathon on the crosstrainer by xmas/new years 2013.
* Run a real 5K, 10K and train towards a half marathon.
* Be less negative (doesn't mean totally positive, just less negative then i am now, this is more to do with work)
* 100 pushups in one go (i can do 11 at the moment)
* 25 pull ups (can't even do 1)

I know that sounds like alot of things i want to achieve in a year, but i think i can do it.. No, not think, will.
I will achieve everything on this list in one years time.
This time next year, i want to come back to this thread (probably forgotten about it by then and made another) and repost this, and edit DONE to everything in the above list.

It'll be great to see what you all set for your new years resolutions for this year and the next..

So:

What were your new years resolutions for 2012 ?
Did you manage to keep your new year's resolutions for 2012 ?
What are your new year's resolutions for 2013 ?

Malc xx

Malc, well done, that is truly an amazing list of achievements. You should be RIDICULOUSLY proud of yourself and given what you've achieved this year I'm sure you will achieve EVERYTHING on your list. Good luck.

My New Years resolution for the past X number of years has been to lose weight. For the first time I can say 'I did it'. I didn't actually start until March but the point is, this year I actually did it.

Resolutions for 2013.
Get to target and stay there (or possibly lose more, I'm as yet undecided but will get back to you in the New Year)-I'm hoping to be there within the next fortnight but expect a few pounds on over Christmas due to wine and turkey so I hope to get 'back to it'.
Run a 5k, which would involve starting exercise again as the gym has fallen by the wayside again but I WILL do it.

Not too much to do next year...YAY!

Thanks jenna.
I am very proud at what i've done, and i'm not stopping now. onwards and upwards or is it downwards lol :D

Congratulations on your weight loss, i can see you hitting your goal not long after xmas/new years. Good luck with the gym work and running your future 5K.
you can do it :) x

My 2012 resolutions were to get to target and to never drink wine again, and I have achieved both! For 2013 my resolution is to stay within my target (and maybe lower it by another half stone) and I want to run a 10k, I'm aiming to do one of the Race For Life 10ks in the summer as we lost my aunty to cancer this year, so I will be doing it in her memory.

Wow, Malc you should be so proud of yourself, you've done amazingly well and I can't believe what you are working towards for 2013, you will achieve your goals, you've got the determination.

I never set NY resolutions, just because if I want to do something I will do it, I'm a planner & plan ahead (erm usually holidays!), but I can see how they work for some people.

Wow amazing achievements!!
My NY resolution for 2012 was to get another puppy and that I achieved in September when we got Rosie, our little Jack Russell :)
My NY resolution(s) for 2013 are:

* Lose another stone by August
* Start trying for a baby
* Be able to wear all my size 10 summer dresses
* Get better at Swimming
* Just be happy

The last one is because I was recently diagnosed with depression and anxiety, all resulting from stress and 3 grievances in the last 2 years (my grandad, auntie and crazy as it sounds, my cat), and I just want to be happy, enjoy my weight loss and my marriage before I get pregnant :)

You've done so well Malc, I'm sure you'll get all your 2013 targets as well.

I'm hoping to be starting work in Jan 2013 (which is all down to how Thursday goes.... interview)

Something I have more control over myself is I want to run a half marathon in 2013, there is a Halloween one I'd love to do so aiming for that, which means I need to keep up my running after my course finished tomorrow. Hopefully I'll do lots more runs as well as that one, but that's one I really want to do.

Can't remember what mine were but I know I resolve to give up smoking every year and I have successfully been a non smoker for 10 months! I also resolved to get rid of someone who was no good in my life! I have done that too :)

Next year I want to concentrate feeling good about myself! Lose weight is a priority! 1.5 stone by spring! Getting a load of work done on the house too! Also learning to relax and chill out too!

Hope you all have splendid new years ;-)

woowoo83 said:
My 2012 resolutions were to get to target and to never drink wine again, and I have achieved both! For 2013 my resolution is to stay within my target (and maybe lower it by another half stone) and I want to run a 10k, I'm aiming to do one of the Race For Life 10ks in the summer as we lost my aunty to cancer this year, so I will be doing it in her memory.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss!?

Can I ask why / how you decided to quit wine? I hope you don't mind me asking but I think I should think of this!?

Wow! You are fantastic! Your motivation is infectious! Well done you!

went the gym tonight and just before we left (me, sister and her boyfriend) it was empty, just us.. so i decided to try and do a pull up, nope, not even one.. it's going to be a long year to get to my 25 .. but i can do 20 push ups (nearly had a stroke doing it, but getting there).. so it'll happen by xmas (i hope) just have to work on my upper body strength and try and drop even more weight.. so no preasure :( lmao

went the gym tonight and just before we left (me, sister and her boyfriend) it was empty, just us.. so i decided to try and do a pull up, nope, not even one.. it's going to be a long year to get to my 25 .. but i can do 20 push ups (nearly had a stroke doing it, but getting there).. so it'll happen by xmas (i hope) just have to work on my upper body strength and try and drop even more weight.. so no preasure :( lmao

I have poor upper body strength and was told to get a 'powerball' its something that you use to strengthen arms! I broken mine and never replaced it so cant say how good it was. It was years ago but it maybe still good or you may be able to get things that can help you along your way :) good luck!

Can I ask why / how you decided to quit wine? I hope you don't mind me asking but I think I should think of this!?[/QUOTE]

My only reason for quitting the evil wine is just that I'm such a lightweight and I would hate waking up and not remembering what I'd done and feeling dreadful for about 2 days, for some reason it's only wine that has that effect on me so I still drink (not that much to be honest) but just stay clear of wine!

woowoo83 said:
Can I ask why / how you decided to quit wine? I hope you don't mind me asking but I think I should think of this!?

My only reason for quitting the evil wine is just that I'm such a lightweight and I would hate waking up and not remembering what I'd done and feeling dreadful for about 2 days, for some reason it's only wine that has that effect on me so I still drink (not that much to be honest) but just stay clear of wine![/QUOTE]

This is me! I have one glass, lose any willpower finish the bottle and recently lose all memory. Scared me a little! But I do love it! I think I may enjoy it at home over Xmas but make it my NY resolution! It is so high in syns too! Thanks for the idea x

Yeah, I have to say that since losing weight I'm even more of a lightweight than I used to be!!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I was going to post a thread like this but thought best check if there is already one :)

My New Year's resolutions will be:
:- Continue loosing weight
:- Loose another 2 stone
:- Possibly find my target weight & get to it
:- Continue exercise, at least once a week if things come up
:- Be more happy with myself
:- Let my hubby pick me up for the first time, EVER!

these 2 aren't really in my hands as such...
:- Have a successful recovery from my (R) leg/knee surgery.
:- Have my second knee operation done this year!!

these two are all i wish for to really happen. 1st on will be anytime upto mid February 2013 time, so might get my wish with the other one! & will be so much better with the 5 stone ive lost :)

if above surgery get done
:- Go to college to do my level 3 NVQ
:- OR find a job! :D

2012 main resolution was to have a baby! Which I have not succeeded in sadly but TTC has led to me losing 4 stone and finally giving up smoking/nicorette this year so every cloud and all that... I also wanted a bigger house (done) and a better job (done!).

This time last year I was unemployed and weaning myself off antidepressants and diazepam so I've come a long way in a year. I may not be where I want to be yet but proud of what I have achieved!

2013? Same again! I'd like to lose the rest of the 4.5 stone needed so the doctors can help me. Or even better, lose a bit more weight and hopefully I won't need them! Main thing is that I want to at least be pregnant by this time next year fingers crossed....

Some great resolutions on here so far..

My only resolution for 2012 was to lose as much weight as possible (and doing it in a healthy, sustainable way) by Christmas this year - I've lost over 5st in a year, so I'm happy with that :)

My resolutions for 2013:

1. Get to my initial target (10st 7lbs), see what it feels like, and if i'm happy, maintain that weight.

2. Run a marathon in 4 hours. I've got until May 2013 to do this....yikes.

3. As far as possible, be a size 10 in all clothes (i'm a 10/12 at the minute).

4. Maintain the self confidence and happiness which I have now that I have lost all my weight, which I didn't have at all when I was bigger.

Back