Newb person here, starting week 8 ....

didimissy

Hi all,

Just found this site - never thought to look before to be honest.

So had my end week 7 weigh in today - not happy, only lost 1.6 Kg (3.5lb), water retention and constipation (sorry way TMI!!), been walking about 4.5 miles every night and then doing cardio 3 times a week (in my living room with a DVD, still not brave enough to go into a gym!)

Dropped from a size 26 to a size 18 (17.9 Kg / 39.5 lb lost so far) so still a long way to go, guess my question is, even though my logic says that because I'm on and constipated I probably lost more this week, and should show results next week, what's the best way to increase weekly loss?

Thought about filling a back-pack with the weight I've lost and walking with it, reason being 2 fold really: to remind myself how much I have lost, but also to make my body work as hard as it has had to for the past couple of years.

Thoughts?

Weight loss:
Week 1 - 8.7 lb
Week 2 - 5 lb
Week 3 - 8.3 lb
Week 4 - 3.9 lb
Week 5 - 5 lb
Week 6 - 5 lb
Week 7 - 3.6 lb :(

Hi didi... You are doing really well, don't get disheartened.. We are supposed to average a stone a month, so that's roughly 3.5lb per week, and looking at your stats you have exceeded that every week, sometimes by miles!!... I can't help regarding the exercise cos i am a self confessed slob!! lol... Keep an eye on your constipation though hun, it can become dangerous x x

Keep up the good work Didi, 26 to 18 is brilliant. I think try filling the back pack with half the weight you have lost then increase it gradually if you want to increase your walking work out.
I could never go to a gym either... even if I was skinny!

And I was disapointed when I only lost 1.5lbs

3.5lbs in a week was my average loss previously

As you get lighter, your weight loss will be less than what it was when you were larger...

and think about it.. 3.5lbs a week = a stone every 4 weeks !! still not many other diets that you can lose that amount on per month...

Keep it up and stay strong... xx

Back