Newb

.Nicki.

Minimin Addict
Hey

Thought I'd say hi, I'm fairly certain that I want to try s&s but I guess I just need a little encouragement. Last year I managed cambridge for about a month and lost 18lbs but I came off for a weekend and never got back on it.
Up until last month I'd lost about a stone on slimming world but I'm at the point where I just don't want to think about food, It consumes my life always thinking whats in this? whats in that? I thought a vlcd would take most of that away.

I'm glad they do mint choc shake as that was my fav cambridge on although I ended up living on them. Has anyone tried any of the water flavourings? am I too hopeful to think the cola one might taste like real coke? are any of them worth a go?

Hi there!
I did Cambridge a couple of years ago but am preferring slim and save! Having 4 packs a day really helps with spacing them out and 'eating' at better times.
Don't worry about the cola water flavouring - you're allowed coke zero and dr pepper zero on this plan ;)
The mulled wind flavouring is yummy as a hot drink!!
Experiment with the packs - the bars are yummy too!! There's loads of ideas on here.
Have you got a target that you're looking to achieve? :)

Hi,

I also did cambridge and like Sammy much prefer slim and save. Psychologically having something 4 times a day really helps me. I really only used my cambridge councillor to weigh in and collect my packs.

Think of all the money you will have saved when you get to goal, that you can spend on lovely new clothes :)

Hi there!
I did Cambridge a couple of years ago but am preferring slim and save! Having 4 packs a day really helps with spacing them out and 'eating' at better times.
Don't worry about the cola water flavouring - you're allowed coke zero and dr pepper zero on this plan ;)
The mulled wind flavouring is yummy as a hot drink!!
Experiment with the packs - the bars are yummy too!! There's loads of ideas on here.
Have you got a target that you're looking to achieve? :)

Hi Sammy, thanks for your reply and thanks for the tip about coke, might get a fruity one as I do like squash. As for target I have no idea really, I've never been 'thin' so I don't really know where I'm aiming for, I'd just like to be able to go into a normal sized person shop and pick up something that will fit. According to my BMI i should be about 10stone which would mean losing 14stone :sigh: which is a bit of a daunting number.

Hi,

I also did cambridge and like Sammy much prefer slim and save. Psychologically having something 4 times a day really helps me. I really only used my cambridge councillor to weigh in and collect my packs.

Think of all the money you will have saved when you get to goal, that you can spend on lovely new clothes :)

Hi Marie

I only used to get weighed, you had to pre order your packs so they were ready to go, it was a 5 min job, barely spoke to her really.

I think i'll order my packs tomorrow, I'm going to go right for it and order a months worth because its such a good saving and might motivate me more to stick with it.

Hi Sammy, thanks for your reply and thanks for the tip about coke, might get a fruity one as I do like squash. As for target I have no idea really, I've never been 'thin' so I don't really know where I'm aiming for, I'd just like to be able to go into a normal sized person shop and pick up something that will fit. According to my BMI i should be about 10stone which would mean losing 14stone :sigh: which is a bit of a daunting number. Hi Marie I only used to get weighed, you had to pre order your packs so they were ready to go, it was a 5 min job, barely spoke to her really. I think i'll order my packs tomorrow, I'm going to go right for it and order a months worth because its such a good saving and might motivate me more to stick with it.

I was the same. I used to pre order, get weighed and go. After parting with the best part of 50 pounds. Don't get me wrong I could have text her if id wanted but I was more inclined to use these forums when I was struggling. People who know exactly what your going through and feel your pain.

If you like squash Ribena plus is allowed on this plan too. Think all flavours except the one with orange in cause it has citric acid in it.

Remember when your ordering the stuff dosent taste the same as cambridge. Personally I find it a bit nicer. The bars are also half the size of cambridge but much nicer in texture.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress :)

Hello! I just started today and already I feel somewhat liberated from food. I don't have to think about calories or carbs or what I'm going to have to cook for each meal, or if somethings gone off, if I have to nip out to the shops again,etc. Every pack is so quick & easy. I had so much time to myself today because I wasn't having to go about preparing things. I really like it. I'm feeling really motivated and positive & I hope you join us and feel it too!

I'd say watch out for the mint choc shake as I didn't like it at all - don't assume anything will taste the same as Cambridge. Everyone's tastes differ though. I'd suggest that you order the taster pack (28 packs for around £28) which will give you 28 different flavour packs to try so that you know what you like when you do a bigger order.

I always said I'd be able to lose weight if only I could give up food and that's what a VLCD allowed me to do. But for me it was important never to come off plan - even for my break weeks I just had extra milk (a la LL) and not food.

I did look at the taster pack but I don't like soup and I prob wouldn't eat any of the meals - I'm majorly fussy :D I never like the bars at cambridge I found the chocolate chemically, are the s&s bars nice?
Maybe I'll just buy a few tasters see which ones I like, an extra few days won't make any difference in the long run.

I did look at the taster pack but I don't like soup and I prob wouldn't eat any of the meals - I'm majorly fussy :D I never like the bars at cambridge I found the chocolate chemically, are the s&s bars nice? Maybe I'll just buy a few tasters see which ones I like, an extra few days won't make any difference in the long run.

I bought just a weeks supply to start with but picked my own rather than the taster pack. Like you I'm majorly fussy, which probably is part of the reason I got so big.
Things I thought I'd like tho, like the cheesy pasta, I found awful, so just order a few of the things you think your going to like.
I wasn't fussed on the cambridge bars either. They were a weird texture. The slim and save ones are yummy yummy. Maybe too yummy. Much more like real chocolate. The praline bars are like the old milky ways. Be warned tho. There half the size of the cambridge ones. I thought I was going to cry when I opened my pack and saw how small they were compared to cambridge. There lovely tho and surprisingly filling. I keep mine for night time with a cuppa x

I bought just a weeks supply to start with but picked my own rather than the taster pack. Like you I'm majorly fussy, which probably is part of the reason I got so big.
Things I thought I'd like tho, like the cheesy pasta, I found awful, so just order a few of the things you think your going to like.
I wasn't fussed on the cambridge bars either. They were a weird texture. The slim and save ones are yummy yummy. Maybe too yummy. Much more like real chocolate. The praline bars are like the old milky ways. Be warned tho. There half the size of the cambridge ones. I thought I was going to cry when I opened my pack and saw how small they were compared to cambridge. There lovely tho and surprisingly filling. I keep mine for night time with a cuppa x

I decided to do what you did and just order a weeks worth, can't complain at there speed it was despatched about 45mins after I ordered it.

I decided to do what you did and just order a weeks worth, can't complain at there speed it was despatched about 45mins after I ordered it.

Yeah there really good and text you with a one hour delivery time.
Least itl let you know what you like and dislike.
I'm so fussy I'd have wasted half the starter pack and it wouldn't have been a saving x

Back