Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Newbe

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Stephielou87, 14 April 2011 Social URL.

1. Stephielou87

Stephielou87 Full Member

Hi there.
    I had a baby last may. He is perfect but while pregnant I put on 2 stone. I've managed to shift one but can't get past the 13 stone mark. It's really getting me down.
    I'm getting married next November I have my dress but need to lose 2 more stone to fit into it. Maybe even three.
    I am walking alot and have started slim fast and talking diet tablets.
    Can anyone give me any ideas on motivation. I'm stuck in a rut and can't seem to get out of it.
    Help me please xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Dundermifflin

Dundermifflin Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(22.73%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Welcome StephieLou87, good look with your weight loss journey.

x

4. Less of me

Less of me Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(6.85%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi
    I'd like to blame my baby for my weight but i can't as I lost the baby weight straight away. I managed the 17st all by myself :).
    I joined Slimming World and have started running training and zumba. I've lost 10lb in a month. I was walking everywhere and it didn't seem to be aerobic enough to get anything shifting so I uped the anti.
    Think my body is in shock though nOw.
    Great thing about SW the more you eat the more you lose.
    Good Luck
    :)

5. Stephielou87

Stephielou87 Full Member

I tried SW last July. Lost 1 stone then couldn't shift anymore. Felt I was paying to be told I hadn't lost weight. Got really upset and would eat and eat. It doesn't help my fiancé loves his food but is as skinny as a rake. He has a very physical job so he can eat. I will be the beautiful bride not a big fat wide bride :-(

6. Less of me

Less of me Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(6.85%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi
    My husband is a marathon runner so he too can eat whatever he wants. So I know how you feel. It's a bit easier for me as I have gallstones so I can't eat fat without 5 hours of excruciating pain so guess what... I don't. I buy him things I know I can't eat so it works ok. On SW the weeks I haven't done so well are because I didnt eat enough or drink enough.
    You'll get there. Keep focused.
    X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

7. Stephielou87

Stephielou87 Full Member

I've started taking acia berry tablets proven to lose 14-30 lb in 2 weeks. Hope it works x

8. Less of me

Less of me Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(6.85%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Oh wow
    How do they work?

9. Stephielou87

Stephielou87 Full Member

I'm not to sure. I started taking them yesterday aswell as doing slimfast shakes for breakfast. I won't weigh myself until next Wednesday but will keep you updated.

10. Less of me

Less of me Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(6.85%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Please do.
    How will you tell if it's the tablets or the shakes?
    X

11. Stephielou87

Stephielou87 Full Member

Hmmm I'm not sure but if the weight comes off I'll be happy ;-)

12. Less of me

Less of me Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(6.85%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi
    Very true. Good luck for next weigh in.
    X

13. Stephielou87

Stephielou87 Full Member

So I went to my mums yesterday and couldn't help but weigh myself. I always go by her scales as they are better than mine. And in two weeks I have put on four pound. This shocked me. So today I'm only having slimfast and a dinner tonight. I'm going to take my boy out for a long walk and try to do some other exercise. I hate myself and feel so disgusting I can't bear to look in a mirror x

14. Less of me

Less of me Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(6.85%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi
    Don't let it get you down too much. There was a week on SW I put on 2lb and was gutted as I can't cheat as I can't eat fat or drink alcohol and I know didn't cheat. Turned out I hadn't eaten or drunk enough. When I did it came off. Once you've had your shake what fo you eat the rest of the day?
    Chin up
    X

15. Stephielou87

Stephielou87 Full Member

Today I have eaten 2 apples 1 pack nik naks 3 donuts and 2 oat bars. Just through boredom not because I was hungry. That's my problem. Noone around so I eat :-( I feel like being sick now :-( I went out came home and ate the crisps and bars then went to Tesco and somehow ended up buying donuts and eating them on the way home :-( they weren't even nice x such a bad week. Maybe the weekend will be better?!? :-(

16. Caro-

Caro- New Member

Why dont u join weight watchers or slimmers world as that way u will get more motivated as everyone there is in the same boat plus they get u to eat normal food & still lose weight. Its a lot healthier option all round plus u get to meet new friends which is a lovely bonus!

17. Stephielou87

Stephielou87 Full Member

I've joined SW but didn't loose anything dispite following it to a tee!! And I found it hard to pay £5 a week to be told I was still the same weight. :-( it's heart braking.
    Tomorrow I'm on my bike running in the garden-can't run in public with my boobs! And drinking 3 litres of water!

18. Less of me

Less of me Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(6.85%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The important thing when you fall off the wagon is to jump straight back on. I k ow how you feel I'm home all day so tempting to munch x

19. louloub1982

louloub1982 Member

Start Weight:
    11st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.45%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Slimfast is a tough one when you have temptations!!
    I would recommend upping the exercise - I brough a cheap skipping rope the other day and hide round the side of my house/garage and blast out 15-20 minutes to some music - REALLY get your heart pumping and when you feel like you have exercised you DO feel better about yourself - I never used to do anything but feel better for it and already seeing results!!
    Keep going hun, everyone has bad days/weeks...just gotta keep going!! xx

20. Stephielou87

Stephielou87 Full Member

I will do. After this week I feel awful so I will be on it 100%. I have to drink more water too. Tomorrow oh is working again overtime all weekend so I'll walk 5 miles both days. Slimfast breakfast & lunch going to get fresh fruit from the Market to snack on.
    I WILL DO IT!! I will lose 5 stone by next October x

21. Stephielou87

Stephielou87 Full Member

Been for a two mile walk. Made me feel loads better :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.