Extra Easy Newbee Breakfast ideas please

purplekylie22

Looking for some cheap easy breakfast ideas that I can do away from home, I start work at 7am and usually get a breakfast break around 8am. I'm struggling to find a breakfast other than the multi-grain porridge and always using my HEXB any ideas?

I take a mullerlight and a banana to work for breakfast. Another favourite is I peel an orange at home and put it in a tub with 0% greek yogurt and a spoonful of honey, but it doesn't keep me going as long as a banana does!

Premake the breakfast Quiches or Egg muffins to take in with you? If you have a microwave could heat up some baked beans to eat with them?

Micro and toaster, kettle too :p :)

- Scrambled egg on toast
- Beans on toast
(or both)

- Maybe pre boil some eggs at home and then slice them on top of beans on toast
- porridge (add some rasperries or mixed berries)
- Bacon cooked in the microwave and do a bacon sarnie

Have you tried the overnight oats? Everyone is going mad for them :)

35g porridge oats
200g fat free natural yogurt
Mixed blueberries, strawberries and raspberries

Layer the porridge, yogurt and fruit in a jar or bowl. Cover and put in the refrigerator overnight so the porridge absorbs all the yogurt.
In the morning stir so all the layers are mixed together and top with more fruit.

I do struggle with breakfast sometimes but i either have weetabix topped with strawberries and banana, porridge or i do a mini fry up, hex b toast, eggs poached, grilled tomatoes and mushrooms, beans and sometimes bacon

Like you, I take breakfast to work (couldn't stomach it before 9, myself). My latest favourite brekkie is simply a big tub of fruit salad and just before I want to eat I tip a pot of dry oats that have been lightly toasted in a dry pan the night before. Nothing elaborate but there's something about the crunchy 'nuttyiness' of the oats once they've been toasted which makes all the difference.

What a good idea to toast the oats, I would never have thought of that! I always find the oats are a bit wet and gloopy when soaked in yoghurt/fruit juice so I might try doing this. Thanks for the tip.

My breakfast is 2 alpen lights crumbled and then topped with any free yoghurt i fancy, quick easy and also a sweet fix :)

Haven't toasted the oats yet but I did do the soaking them in yoghurt overnight, was really lovely! I could take it ready-made and eat it at work, gave me more time to do hair and make up rather then skipping breakfast in favour of getting ready for work.

How about pre-bagging your cereal? My breakfast is always my HEB and at the mo, I got a thing for raisin wheats :) maybe take your milk in a small bottle too so it's alreay measured out :)

Back