Newbeginning's Diary

Hey guys, Well I'm on day 12 at 100% TFR. I was disappointed last week with just a 6lb loss in my first week but I'm still here and persevering. To all you lovely experienced people out there - I am looking for some advice please? So I plan on doing this until April 17th which will be 4 weeks - not long enough to lose 3 stone I know but I have a wedding on the 24th and it's a first cousins and want to be able to drink. I also have my own 30th the first weekend in May and will have friends family staying and want to be able to eat sensibly and have a drink. I also have another very fancy wedding on the 9th of May and it's costing a fortune to go away and stay in the hotel so again I want to eat sensibly and enjoy a drink... Any advice? 27th - 24th has got to be refeed right? Then what? 24th - 1st May ?? 1st - 8th May?? I realise that usually people just suck it up and get on with the shakes but I knew this was all coming and I chose to start when I did so as not to avoid it a minute longer. I also am goin to Italy for a week in 2 weeks time and plan on being 100%. I suppose what I mean by that is that I want to make sensible choices and do it properly and of course sensibly when it comes to alcohol after being in ketosis. Despite my 6lb loss I feel a difference in my clothes and that's a wonderful feeling I'm not wanting to throw away. If you could help me I'd be very grateful. Thanks lads and lasses x

Hi hon and well done!! My advise is simply that it's a personal decision. I slipped last week and going back into ketosis today and I'm struggling. I finish up this weekend for a planned re-feed to allow me to have something next week on my wee ones birthday and at a reunion next week. However I worry about coming off and going back on several times. I'm personally making the decision whether to go back on TFR after next week for to do 2 maintenance shakes and a meal, however I think so long as you make the decision in advance and stick with it you will get to where you need to...

Hi Joanie - thanks a lot for your reply.. Def goin to do refeed after the four weeks as I've read the nightmare stories about drinking in ketosis.. It's after that that I know nothing about.. I'm not too sure what Maintenance is and can you consume alcohol on it?

New beginning you are best checking with a pharmacist however my understanding on the alcohol is simply to ensure you are not in ketosis when consuming (I didn't know this first time round and drank!!). If I were just to drink I would ensure that I had ate at least 60g of carb (100g will be sure) and this will knock you out of ketosis. Maintenance for weight loss is 2 shakes and a low carb meal.

That's great thanks a mil. There's only one helpful girl in the pharmacist so hope she'll be there this Thursday for second weigh in as she wasn't there last week. Nervous about the next weigh in as I expected to lose more than 6lbs. Fingers crossed anyway. Nearly at the 2 week mark now! How are you gettin on Joanie?

Ooh I tried peppermint tea with my choc shake last night and then filled it with ice. Was absolutely lovely.

Ah we all get times when there's a bit of disappointment versus expectations but the key thing with this plan is you do cleanse your tastebuds and get a chance to identify your triggers. You've been 100% so that is amazing and will reflect on the scales! Glad you have found fun ways to enjoy your shakes- I have to admit I make the mousse and shovel it down as quick as possible and the only additive is salt or black pepper in the soup if I have it!

Well I have completed 2 weeks TFR at 100% and had my second weigh in this morning.... Soooo
Week 1. -6lbs
Week 2. -6lbs
Am over the moon :)

On a slightly different note tried a peanut flapjack for lunch... My god!! (Bleugh)

Plan on doin this for 2 more weeks and then refeed for a week and then maintenance for 2 weeks before going on FTR again. My husband said he thought it all came off my bum this week!! Yay!! :)
How is everyone else doin?!

Well done on staying 100% and getting a combined 12lbs, that's awesome. Yeah the flapjacks are disgusting aren't they haha

OMG they are an experience aren't they! I never thought chewing old boots would seem pleasurable to food but I was wrong!

Well done great loss and I'm glad it was worth it! You now only have about 2stone to lose isn't that crazy!!

It tasted like I would imagine a horses saddle to taste like!
Has anyone ever toasted one before? Going by the theory that gluten free bread can be rank but much more palatable when toasted.

Na after the one I returned them to the pharmacist and vowed I'd eat my left arm before one of them again!!

I'm with Joanie as I did the same, I never got one again.

NB if you want the feeling of eating then peach pip has some awesome recipes for chicken soup bites and mousse etc

Thanks ladies.. It was more to do with convenience than chewing.. We're off to Rome for a week next week and I thought they'd be handy but I think I'd rather be hungry to be honest!

Yeah you know the nothing tastes better than skinny feels, well on the flapjacks nothing tastes worse than they do!

Ha! You're totally right! Ya know I was sitting watching my super slim husband eat chicken wings followed by donuts for his dinner last night and I was thinkin to myself.. Yes the wings smell delicious but if I could have anything in the world to eat right now what would it be?? I genuinely have no idea... I don't crave anything.. Simply bizzare

Funny isn't it, I cook so much for Hubby at the mo and don't want to eat it- just smell it!!

Back