Newbie-3rd feb start :)

Hi Everybody.

Im new to cambridge n jus started on the 3rd of feb. Week 1 went ok for me, was pretty much focused until my first weigh in... n then had a major slip :( I lost 6 lbs, which i know is good, but i guess lookin at everones losses... i was expecting bigger numbers. Anyways, back on track n gonna try stayin positive n stick to it.
The reason ive joined today is because i think it will help me to stay on track n not fall of the wagon again. Need all ur support n tips.... also any newbies?

Zara x

Hi Zara ;) well done on getting thru week 1 :) I've just posted a new thread stating I'm starting tomorrow. I've done it before and it's fab if u stick to it. Weight drops off really quick. I lost 2.5 stone in 7 weeks but then had time off plan for Xmas and just starting again!! I've only put 7lbs on tho but still need to lose similar amount. Good luck
Rachel xx

Hi Zara,
I started on Sat 9th Feb so today is day 3!
3stone loss is first target!
This morning was awful...I had the shakes.
I too hope all the great support on here can help me too!

Hi Zara, well done on your first week, it's defos the hardest part then gets a little easier each day. I'm on day 17 SS, lost 9lbs weeks 1 and got my second weigh in on Wednesday evening, quite nervous!! Good luck with your Journey, I look forward to reading how your doing :) x

Hey slippergirl, all the best for ur start today. Ur previous loss of 2.5st in 7 wks is so encouraging, I feel there's hope for me too ;)

Lasttimer, u must be in ketosis by now... it gets easier once u are. I know the shakes are a bit difficult to stomach first thing, but remind urself why ur doin cd in the first place :)

Gemz084, day17 WOW! Inspiration. Goodluck for ur weigh in tomorrow, ill be lookin out for ur loss. I'm sure ul do fab :)

I'm off to buy some sparkling water for a change. How much water does everyone manage in a day??? My limit is 2ltrs. Is it true, the more u drink the more u lose???

Hope everyone has a great day. Happy cding xxx

First day going ok..... Had choc shake for breakfast and same for lunch. 2 ltrs of water and porridge for tea ;) know that's a bit upside down but like the porridge and feels as tho I am 'eating' :) will steadily drink another litre of water tonight and hope to feel ok tomorrow.......
How's everyone else getting on?? ;)

ooh doing well slippergirl! I'm on day 2 myself! All going well at present, though i'm ready for my next shake now, might mix up my mousse and have half now :D

How does everybody make their soups, says no boiling water so do you all use kettle water hit or just hot tap water?

I just wait for water from the kettle to go off the boil for 5 mins - I think tap water would not be hot enough. Good luck to all you other newbies too, I am on day 5 today, first weigh in tomorrow and am doing ss+

Hi I do make my soups with boiled kettle water, they cool down so quickly with water that's just hot from the kettle that they need to be microwaved for 15-20 secs anyway so if its about nutrient depletion then they'll deplete whichever way I make them so I just do it with water just boiled from the kettle xxx

Not too bad, I have done it previously and this time is harder. I must confess that I developed a few cheats before and I'm having to work hard not to use them - I would only be cheating myself afterall! I tend not to get massive weight loss on week 1 but steadily lose 4lbs each week so I'm hoping for 5-6lb loss tomorrow - how about you and how much do you want to lose?

I have done lighter life before 3 times but never stuck to it fr more than 7 weeks at the longest, I did lose 25lbs the longest time and I did get really good first week losses but I'm trying not to compare this diet with that one and trying to keep this as a complete fresh start like I have never done it before. I would like at least 7 but if it's not that then hey ho, it'll be a loss none the less :) I would like to lose 3 stone at first then I'm undecided whether I'll go on to the next step or do another 1-2 stone after tht, I may lose 3 do the step ups then have the summer and go back on soul source + til I reach my long term goal.
This plan is a lot more flexible than ll as if I need to eat something I can have a meal from the list provided, which hopefully means I will be less likely to cheat, I had 2 eggs last night, made in to an omlette as I was craving pretzels, so I am chuffed that I didn't cheat :) xxx

Good for you. I have also had to treat it as a completely new thing because I was getting so cross at myself for gaining the 6stone I had lost - keep in touch and we can keep each other focussed - good luck for tomorrow night.
My hubby did ll and loved it. He lost 3st 4 years ago and has kept it off - I hate him sometimes - obviously it was down to luck and nothing to do with the 30 miles he runs each week and the long bike rides and the way he manages his diet :) - we'll get there too I'm sure

Yes we will get there!!
I was totally disgusted with my weight gain, I was the heaviest I've been in 16 years, horrible but I'm determined this is the last time I'll be this heavy!! My oh can eat what he likes, cycles 30+ miles a week too!! Lol :)
What did you lose this week? I hope you had a great loss, mines was 8lbs :) can't believe it's almost weigh in time again, Monday will be here before I know it xxx

Just 4lbs on Monday which was day 6 - since then though I have lost a further 6lbs so I think it was an anomalous reading on Monday. Feel pretty good.
Have that lovely clean feeling and I m getting used to not feeling stuffed after meals :)

Back