Newbie...and I'm veggie/vegan

First78

I joined SW today as I'm desperate to lose 4 stone. I'm transitioning from veggie to vegan and have really limited time during the week to cook. My consultant has never met a vegan before so I thought I'd ask if anyone here could share some recipes...especially anything I can batch cook and freeze or make in the slow cooker. Thanks in advance

Veg chilli,pasta bakes,veg stew, soups, if you use corn mince do spag Bol, mince with veg is nice served with mash, oh and lots of recipes for currys to.

Hi I've recently switched from veggie to vegan. I find that mornings consist of fruit lots of it. Weekends Linda McCartney red onion sausages beans mushrooms spinach tomato etc. Lunch times get yourself a soup maker and evenings plenty of roast veg based meals.

I use soya as an alternative .. be careful as QUORN IS NOT VEGAN FRIENDLY. it contains milk and egg.

There's lots of recipes in the green cook books and to be honest you can just omit the "dairy" and it tastes just as good.

Good luck

I use a lot of Tofu now i've got the hang of cooking with it, to be honest I love it. I have no problem adapting most recipes to vegan. I made the Tofu and Mushroom Vegetable from the new Free Food Feasts book over the weekend and it was gorg!! I have posted a pic to let you see.

I love the Linda McCartney Red Onion and Rosemary Sausage and also the Mushroom and Spinach Burgers, they are quite big and only 1 syn each....all ready in 10 minutes.

I hear quorn have launched vegan mince and chicken though our local supermarkets haven't started to stock them :flamingmade:

I agree with SoulGirl, I bought a soup maker a few months ago and it is brilliant! I take it into work every day with my chopped veg and it's all cooked and ready in 20 mins. Since joining SW my kitchen is overloaded with gadgets but this is definitely one of my best buys. I use the Lidl vegetable stock cubes as they are suitable for vegans.

In the evenings I have the Alpro Big Pots of yoghurt with frozen fruit which is only 2 syns. I didn't realise these were so low in syns until recently, used to bug me when my non-veggie friends were sitting with their low syn desserts that I couldn't have. Now I can have a big tub every evening whilst watching the soaps :):)

Attachments

• IMG_7259.JPG
    IMG_7259.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 12
If you use Instagram, try following some of the hashtags - #swvegan is a good one. My friend is a vegan and she relies a lot on veggie stews thrown in the slow cooker.

Back