Newbie and in need of help about Dukan Bread!

alininha

Hi all

I am new here (not on the Minimins) but at the Dukan. I have tried every possible diet you can imagine. The last one was one given by a PT, however, it had to eat about 7 eggs a day, and I don't think personally it is health. I got so sick of eat eggs, that now I get sick just to look at them on the fridge lol.

Anyway...I bought 2 books about the Dukan diet, however I am quite confused on how it works. I am a very big fan of bread, and I would like to know if the Dukan bread can be consumed during the attack phase? If so, what would be the amount allowed? Also, those Diet coke also allowed on any phase?

Sorry for many questions, just trying to get my head around it! :)

Hi the Dukan bread is made with your oatbran allowance, so which ever recipe you follow you would need to portion it properly so you have the right amount of oatbran a day. I use a microwave recipe (check out dukannotsofatty's recipe thread). It doesn't taste the same as bread but it does give you the feel and texture of bread and is quite filling and nice as a sandwich.

The only thing you can't really have on the Attack phase would be the wheatbran, but just omit this for the recipe, it will be slightly less bready but still worth it.

I have made bread in the past with yeast and it cut into 12 slices, which for my allowance was 2 slices a day, they are quite small, but again its giving you that bread fix.

I use a lot of eggs, but they are mixed into a lot of things. 1 in bread, maybe 2 as omelette, occasionally 1 with my porridge (Hearty Breakfast). Not just boiled eggs.

Good luck

Hi there,
I'm sure you've soldiered on already but I'd like to just say that the Dukan bread can be consumed at any stage because of the oat bran it contains but as mentioned above, the wheat bran can't be consumed on every phase. Also look at muffins, oopsie breads and other variations so you don't get bored eating the same thing over and over again.
You can always have Diet Coke, Sprite etc on the diet and other sugar free drinks. If you're in the UK, Robinson's do a fantastic sugar free cordial that really makes the water quota fly by!

Sam

Back