Newbie Calling

Nickee

Hi guys

Over the years I have lost about 2 stone with calorie counting diets and am now stuck. Would love to lose another half stone by christmas and am intrigued by the principles of SW. i am in the gym 6 times a week and worry sometimes that i dont eat enough when i am constantly watching my calories. On the otherhand i worry that if i can eat freely i will do so with free abandon which will only cause weight gain! Especially as i dont have much to lose. I would welcome thoughts/comments/advice!

Oh no! Have left my healthy ham salad lunch at home! Have had to make do with the apple I have for mid afternoon snack and hope I don't attack the office sweetie tin halfway to hometime! Still haven't decided what to do re sw but trying to be healthy and come up with a plan. There seems to be an awful lot of learning to do!

Hiya. Were u thinking of joining a group or did u want to do it from home? U have done really well so far, well done.
Sw is really easy once uv got ur head round it as there are 3 different plans to choose from. I find it suits me as there is no counting weighing or measuring. What is it that's preventing u from having a go? Maybe we can get rid of some of those doubts

Hi,if I were you I would join a SW class,as you've so little to lose ,it won't cost you much. But you will learn the plan quickly and properly and have the books. The plan is so flipping easy honestly. Just a few simple rules. Knowledge of free foods. Off you go.
The sw theory hardly changes over the years,so what you leave there with will last you forever. I did it 17 yrs ago after having my baby,I lost 6 ST. I'm 44 now and have been back on plan 14 weeks,lost 2 ST. I love fling to class,and meeting new friends. You will learn how to maintain your weight at class,and if you wish you can still go to class for free whilst maintaining.

Sw is a healthy eating plan not a diet,and that sounds like the life you wish to lead,so if were you I would join. Don't be scared,everyones lovely ;)

SW is by far the easiest diet I've ever been on. I'm not saying you don't still crave the naughty stuff, but you don't go hungry either. Whatever you decide to do, good luck, and well done on your weight loss, so far!

Thanks for the replies! I live out in the sticks and there are no classes around that are outwith working hours so it would be me doing it on my tod. I am scared that if I stop religiously counting the calories on everything I will put on weight. I do really like the look of sw but I can't get my head around the amount you are allowed to eat! It looks way more than I am used to and to me that must mean weight gain but on the flip side I would love to not have my life ruled by calorie counting.... Part of me thinks I should just try it for a week and see what happens but then do I do red, green or extra easy!

I counted calories for years and it did take a while to get the hang of it. I was dieting back in the 70`s when losing weight meant eating lettuce and going hungry!! :D

Once I got the hang of it I found it a very simple plan to stick to. I use the word plan cos that`s what it is - a life plan.

After trying extra easy I found that it wasn`t for me. I now do mostly green with the occasional red thrown in for variety. You really need to give it longer than a week. If you`ve been calorie counting for some time your system need time to adjust to having larger amounts of food.

That's what I'm scared about! Putting on weight while my body adjusts and then what happens if I can't lose it again. I think I am being silly. I have a wedding at the weekend. Maybe I will start on Monday and just not weigh myself for a couple of weeks!! With only half a stone or so to lose how many syns do you think I should eat a day?

Nickee said:
Thanks for the replies! I live out in the sticks and there are no classes around that are outwith working hours so it would be me doing it on my tod. I am scared that if I stop religiously counting the calories on everything I will put on weight. I do really like the look of sw but I can't get my head around the amount you are allowed to eat! It looks way more than I am used to and to me that must mean weight gain but on the flip side I would love to not have my life ruled by calorie counting.... Part of me thinks I should just try it for a week and see what happens but then do I do red, green or extra easy!

I did sw back 17 yrs ago and saw 6 ST drop off! I think a lot of people struggle with how it works. This is the only way I can explain how think it works. It's like all the free food you are allowed to eat (sensibly ) flushes out all the fat from your body.

I lose far better if I've eaten more,than less.

A lady at class panicked last week and lived off banana and soup, she put a LB on,because to me she's not eaten enough healthy food for the body to digest x

Back