Newbie can't find the best place to post.

Saltdog

Hi folks,

I was looking through a number of the threads but couldn't really find any dedicated thread for newbies like me to post their first posts. Me not finding the thread doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't exist I might add! I'm sure someone may point me in the right direction if such a thread does indeed exist.

Anyhoo, I started Slimming World a week ago and have lost 3lbs without feeling hungry or deprived at all. That's my kinda diet!! I've been sticking to Extra Easy days since the beginning as I'm finding it contains most of the food I'd be eating anyway. I suppose the one thing I've cut down on a lot is bread. I thought it would be much harder than it has been though. Lunch used to be a couple of sandwiches but is now an omelette or jacket potato. Also food I like.

If I'm being totally honest, it's probably not the best time of year to start a diet. I had a staff night out on Friday night but I tried to optimise as best I could. Also, Christmas won't be completely Slimming World but there will definitely be recipes borrowed from their Extra Easy Christmas book. I won't stress if I put on a little over the festive season though I don't intend to indulge as much as I may have in the past either. Put it this way, if I show a loss or even no gain for next Tuesday's weigh in, I'll be a happy bunny!

I've also started a blog on this site but to be honest I'll probably post as much on the threads. Time will tell though. I hope everyone reading this; both new members and experienced posters have a fantastic festive season and are successful in their weight-loss goals.

Cheers!

Welcome and well done on your loss! I think its great you joined before Christmas it will help keep you more aware of what you out into your mouth over Christmas. I find it is not the dinner that's the problem it is the nibbles and treats! Enjoy a wonderful Christmas x x

Welcome and well done on your loss! I think its great you joined before Christmas it will help keep you more aware of what you out into your mouth over Christmas. I find it is not the dinner that's the problem it is the nibbles and treats! Enjoy a wonderful Christmas x x
Thank you for the quick reply Jayde. I completely agree about the nibbles and treats being the problem. Generally, the whole turkey dinner will be free if done properly. Still, it's one day out of 365 so I'm sure my scales will be slightly forgiving. After all, how much damage can you do in one day? X

Back