Newbie could do with some reassurance/advice :( :(

SaffronCat

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to slimming world and it was only my second week yesterday. My first week I lost 3lbs which I was really pleased with (my target is to lose a stone which I put on last year after illness) This week I went back, after sticking to it and going to the gym 3 times, walking everywhere and I'd put ON 2lbs???

Now I've been researching (very upset and deflated) and I am not ON my 'star week' but i'm DUE on in about 2 days (weighed on Mon, due on weds) , and also I'm taking some medication (started that day, you have to take it just before you come on) to delay my 'star week' by 5-6 days cus I'm going camping. Please be honest, is being due on likely to effect my weight that much? I do get quite puffy but I was shocked by how much if that's whats caused it??

My best friend is doing it too and she was super super good last week, barely sinned came to the gym too and she only lost 1/2 a pound versus 6lbs the previous week (she's aiming to lose 4 stone) but she IS on which made me feel a bit like 'star week' must be the reason - but I'm really worried that I put on 2??

I guess I could really do with some support and some reassurance (or honesty - if its not possible and I've just done something wrong, I have been using my food diaries though and I can't see anything!) at the minute I feel really down about it and like I just wanna go drown myself in some wine and crisps :( :( please any advice would be helpful :(

Hey there I'm in a similar boat too. I put on 1lb last week when I was due on, have done a sneaky mid week weigh in today (Came on today) the scales say I've put 2lb on! I have been sticking to plan so I'm disappointed but it's likely to be water.
Soooo... Stick to it, could be water retention and you might see a difference next week x

just trust the diet and stick to it 100% and the results will come. i foind weighing myself only once per week helps.

good luck :)

Hey there. Don't get too disheartened, weight loss is a rocky road and sometimes it just doesn't make any sense! Try to use any disappointment as motivation. That's what I have done. I lost 4lb my first week and went in last week and I had a STS - I was very upset at first but then I decided that I was going to prove it wrong this week! Weigh in is tomorrow so I hope I'm not eating my words then. :) Tasha x

Don't be disheartened and give up as it will be worth it in the end, it's likely to be fluid anyway. I always found that just before I weighed in class I would go and have a quick wee! Seemed to help lol!

Keep going, it will be worth it in the end :)

Back