NEWBIE - Could do with some reassurance??

SaffronCat

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to slimming world and it was only my second week yesterday. My first week I lost 3lbs which I was really pleased with (my target is to lose a stone which I put on last year after illness) This week I went back, after sticking to it and going to the gym 3 times, walking everywhere and I'd put ON 2lbs???

Now I've been researching (very upset and deflated) and I am not ON my 'star week' but i'm DUE on in about 2 days (weighed on Mon, due on weds) , and also I'm taking some medication (started that day, you have to take it just before you come on) to delay my 'star week' by 5-6 days cus I'm going camping. Please be honest, is being due on likely to effect my weight that much? I do get quite puffy but I was shocked by how much if that's whats caused it??

My best friend is doing it too and she was super super good last week, barely sinned came to the gym too and she only lost 1/2 a pound versus 6lbs the previous week (she's aiming to lose 4 stone) but she IS on which made me feel a bit like 'star week' must be the reason - but I'm really worried that I put on 2??

I guess I could really do with some support and some reassurance (or honesty - if its not possible and I've just done something wrong, I have been using my food diaries though and I can't see anything!) at the minute I feel really down about it and like I just wanna go drown myself in some wine and crisps :( :( please any advice would be helpful :(

Hi Saffron - it could be many things, menstrual cycle, put on muscle from the gym and walking (muscle weighs more than fat), your medication may have bloated you slightly, water weight or prehaps just needing a big poo.
Dont get worked up over it, just keep on track :) If you are following your plan then I am sure losing weight will come soon :) All the best :) xx

Back