• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Newbie + Does exercise put muscle weight on?

Hi Everyone!

So I started WW pro point plan last week and today I weighed myself and have lost 3lbs! :) I used all my daily points, my weekly points and even went over by about 12 points due to social meals - but still lost!

The first week I didn't have time to get to the gym but this week I am going to the gym as much as I can. However, people keep telling me that the scales will probably not show a loss if I'm going to the gym as I will gain muscle weight?

Could someone clarify this for me? Doesn't it take quite a while to put muscle weight on?

Thanks guys!
Trixy xxx

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Its better that you gain muscle any way because the more muscle you have the more calories you burn! Depending on how much you have to lose if it meant a few lbs gained through muscle over a few weeks I'm sure fat loss will cover up any gains of muscle.

That is why its a good idea to measure yourself on a regular basis if you do exercise on a regular basis, so that when the scales dont show a huge loss it will be the inches that will disappear. Everyone is different and will loose in different places/ways and so its important to bear that in mind.

Good luck

That is why its a good idea to measure yourself on a regular basis if you do exercise on a regular basis, so that when the scales dont show a huge loss it will be the inches that will disappear. Everyone is different and will loose in different places/ways and so its important to bear that in mind.

Good luck
Totally agree with this. I wasnt seeing that much loss on the scales, but thankfully had taken all my measurements at the start, sure enough i had lost alot of inches !
Good luck :)