Newbie - eating too much/not enough?

xnikinix

Hi,

Im new to SW and i've been thinking about what i've eaten today and i dont know whether its too much or not enough....

Breakfast: Smoothie (Banana, Pineapple and Kale) & 2 egg omelette.
Snack - Carrot sticks, 5 seafood sticks.
Lunch - Baked potato with baked beans. Apple. Orange.
Snack - Banana.
Dinner - Chicken stir fry (HEXB Tbsp oilive oil, garlic, ginger, chicken, pepper, onion, carrot, bok choy, courgette, tbsp honey, tbsp soy sauce, lemon juice).Snack - Fruit and natural yoghurt. HEXA glass skimmed milk (used some for tea too)

I counted this a total of 3 syns - but feel free to correct me if im wrong....

Im so used to counting calories its hard for me to know how much to actually eat.

I think the amount of food you are eating is fine- I think the guideline is eat until you are full.

Where have you counted the 3 syns? I think you have had more. Fruit is synned whenever it has been blended so there is some in your smoothie. Plus the tablespoon of honey. The seafood sticks and natural yogurt would depend on brand.

Last edited:
I agree with the above post. You have eaten more than 3 syns but you need to as 3 per day is not enough. You should be aiming for around 10 - 15 at the start. Plus BumbleB is correct about the smoothie, these are not free and you will unfortunately need to syn these.

Hi,

Thanks for your help! So a smoothie has syns even if it is a homemade smoothie? The yoghurt i used was fat free natural yoghurt from Aldi and so were the seafood sticks. The honey was just squirty clear honey from Tesco. Could you guess how many syns i have used? I was hoping to save some for the weekend so i could have a couple of glasses of wine.

I only have about 1.5 stone to loose so i thought the less syns the better....

Checked syns online, the fat free natural yogurt is free, and I think the sticks are too. The only ones that came up are ones called 'fishmonger seafood sticks' and they are free.

What exactly went in your smoothie?

Thanks for your help guys. I've re-calculated my syns....will be treating myself to a smoothie once a week rather than an everyday morning drink!

Back