Newbie embarking on Slimming World :-)

pinky24

Hi! I've never dieted before, so this is a first for me. I turned 40 this year but still feel about 28!! I am a busy working mum to two boys age 10 and 8 and really want to shift the two stone I hung onto after having them! I think the baby-weight excuse has well and truly run out, and it's time to take control of my weight and wear the clothes I want to wear again. A few people I work with are doing Slimming World (mostly men!) very successfully so I thought I'd join them whilst there's no bad food in the office tempting us all.

I'm hoping to meet likeminded people on here for support and encouragement!

Kris xx

Hi Pinky,
I also follow SW, but even people who follow different plans will also give you advice and support you on anything you need.
Good Luck

Hi Pinky
I'm also starting SW - start tomoro! It would be nice if we could support each other along the way. Due to work I'm registering on-line, as I can't get to a group for several weeks at a time. So, it's all down to will power and planning.

Hope you enjoy it!

I'm also starting slimming world today. Feeling very apprehensive as I haven't been to a slimming group in years but I know in the past it has worked for me. I haven tried numerous diets in between with various levels of success but never have I done as well as I did when I went along to a group. Have always done weight watchers in the past but after a very unsuccessful attempt online with the new points plan (put weight on!) decided I'd try slimming world. I have just under two stones to lose so here goes...

Well, all change for me since last night!

I'm now going to go to a group - start tomoro. Managed to sort out my shifts at work and thought the support of a 'real person' and the feeling of accountability might work better for me. Also, got several 'less than impressed' comments regarding the SW web-site. Most people said I would do better coming here!!!!!

Hello all,

Im new to minimins, and thought id say hi!

HI!

I'm also doing SW but started in November and lost a stone by march, Unfortunately iv but a little back on after falling off the wagon. However im now fully back and determined to shift this st by sept in time to be maid of honour at my best friends wedding.

Hope you all well,

FunkyCherry

I'm starting today as well, my youngest turned 4 last week and I'm still holding the baby bulge so going to meetings to get the kick up the bum I need. Good luck to you :)

Hi all new starters. Hope we all do well. Scrappie I have gone on to the SW website and I have to say I don't think it's too bad but doesn't really match the WW website which is far more developed. But I think with the SW website to track bits and pieces and for meal ideas along with the support and meal ideas on here AND a group, surely we have to be successful! Day 2 and have found it hard cos I've been running around and still not quite organised but here's to trying hard to get at weight to shift!!!

We can do it Peacelily! I did a HUGE shop earlier today, need to go back tomoro, just to pick up the bits I was unsure of. Got several recipes to cook over the next few days - so that will keep me busy and stop me from falling back to the same old foods. I really do think that you need variation.

My task for this week is to eat as much speed food as I can - and different types, not just munch on cellery (I do have a bit of problem with that!!).

Have made a batch of BBQ sauce, ready to do hunters chicken for dinner tomoro night. Friday night willl be egg fried rice and I did have soemthing planned for sat, but totally forgotten what it was!

How did your first group go?

Very organised Scrappie. You put me to shame! I need to get myself a list and get on to it. Will let you know. My first group was ok. A nice bunch though a very big group so the whole IMAGE bit took a very long time and I was getting a bit bored. But bought a 12 week package and have promised myself I will at least stay for the first few weeks to give myself the best chance. How about you?

This might sound like a bit of a rude thing to do, but people in my group do it. After they've had their image therapy they leave. I mean if it's a bit long and boring I'm sure your consultant would understand.
I usually always stay, in August my consultant is on holiday and it's going to be someone else for 2 weeks so not sure if I will stay or not then

Yes might leave eventually but think I need to give it a chance and make sure I get the best chance. Am glad lots of people left in my group too otherwise think it would have gone on for 3 hours!

lol, I learn't early on that the order you get weighed in is obviously the same order they go round you in Image Therapy so sometimes I get there early so im the 2/3 in the line so I have the option to leave early if I need to.
But I still never do!

Back