Newbie!Ex slimming worlder,need help please!

rach11pink

Hi Everyone,
Ive tried sw a million times and keep failing,so thought id give ww a try!I have bought a pack of ebay and the shop book and eat book,i got myself all in atiz, as there wasnt many recipes in what i got.
Anyway i went to the supermarket and stocked up on ww snacks,and yoghurts etc so i can try to keep within my 29 pp allowenece as im such a sweet toothed girl!
Anyway, do u have to use the 49 pp plus for the week??
Has any one got any tips for me, such as what works,how they spend there weekly pp.Any decent recipes?is it all cooking from scratch like sw? Btw im amazed a big mac is 13 pp!!!!Thats fantastic! lol.

any help would be greatly appriciated x

Hiya!! The weekly points, you dont have to use them if you dont want too. I use them as a back up if I need a few more points than my allowance.
My tip is to freeze the ww yogurts! I have one after dinner as my desert, it takes me 30mins to eat it sometimes so I never want anything late evening, as Im a snacker!
I tried cooking from scratch but thats not my thing and I dont really have time plus everything I made wasnt great haha maybe I just cant cook! Ive been having the new morissons NUME chilled food range and have one of those for dinner as they can range from 5pp to 12pp!
Hope this helps!! Good luck and enjoy!

Thanks hun!Im so confused comming from only ever doing slimming world!!I sware im doing it wrong!I cant possibly be aloud to eat what im eating a still loose weight?? xxx

You can eat what you want hun and still lose the weight (within your points obviously). Follow me on facebook my name is weightwatchers wild child. I have only just started it but may give you some recipes

I am also an ex slimming world member and I find WW alot easier to follow, on slimming world i always had a treat night after weigh in and would eat what I had missed that week but with WW i dont need to because I can eat what I want using my dailies or weeklies. I tend to lose more if I lose my weeklies too

Hi :wavey: I'm also an ex sw'er and have been back at ww for 2 weeks. I did lose 1.5 stone with sw and as a diet it works but it just doesn't fit in with my lifestyle at the mo. ww however does and I don't feel deprived in the slightest I felt myself becoming a little obsessed with sw and constantly thinking about it with ww I don't :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you too both of you, that's very reassuring! I'm doing it without a class, I bought the books online and a friend is also doing it, she's doing it online! So minimims and people like you are really my crutch at the minuite! I think doing good so far! I bought a shed load of ww snacks and have realised that I can buy normal things as some of the points are the same, I guess it's all a learning curve!
Rx

I also am an ex sw lost 3 1/2 stone, the problem was keeping it off! Soon got into old habits and put 2 1/2 back on as quick as I'd lost it!!! So now I'm on ww and enjoying it! Feellike it's gonna be easier to stick to in the long term :beer8: As I love to snack and a sneaky beer or two at the weekend!

lizzielipps said:
I also am an ex sw lost 3 1/2 stone, the problem was keeping it off! Soon got into old habits and put 2 1/2 back on as quick as I'd lost it!!! So now I'm on ww and enjoying it! Feellike it's gonna be easier to stick to in the long term :beer8: As I love to snack and a sneaky beer or two at the weekend!

I agree! It looks like its going to be fairly easy to stick to! My down fall will be the Indian takeaway! The points are realativly high so I'll really have to work out a low points dish to satisfy my cravings!

I am the other way round - an ex ww who has now joined sw. I lost 3 stone with ww, but it was slow - it took me a year, and then I couldn't get past it and played around with losing and gaining the same 7lbs for almost another year. I've lost 6lbs in two weeks on sw and am nearly less than I have been for a long time. WW try to sell you their products on the basis that even though other products might have the same or less points, the ww products have more fibre etc. So for instance a bag of french fries has less points than ww crisps but is supposedly not as nutritious. I used to buy their ww chocolate bars (2 propoints) chop them into small pieces and freeze them. I'm enjoying SW at the moment as I'm on holiday and doing lots of cooking from scratch without the need to weigh and measure, but I think both are good plans, and I may rejoin ww at some point. Good luck

rach11pink said:
Thank you too both of you, that's very reassuring! I'm doing it without a class, I bought the books online and a friend is also doing it, she's doing it online! So minimims and people like you are really my crutch at the minuite! I think doing good so far! I bought a shed load of ww snacks and have realised that I can buy normal things as some of the points are the same, I guess it's all a learning curve!
Rx

Yeah look out for that definitely before u know it tho u will know the points off the top of your head in everything! :) x

bluebellwood said:
I am the other way round - an ex ww who has now joined sw. I lost 3 stone with ww, but it was slow - it took me a year, and then I couldn't get past it and played around with losing and gaining the same 7lbs for almost another year. I've lost 6lbs in two weeks on sw and am nearly less than I have been for a long time. WW try to sell you their products on the basis that even though other products might have the same or less points, the ww products have more fibre etc. So for instance a bag of french fries has less points than ww crisps but is supposedly not as nutritious. I used to buy their ww chocolate bars (2 propoints) chop them into small pieces and freeze them. I'm enjoying SW at the moment as I'm on holiday and doing lots of cooking from scratch without the need to weigh and measure, but I think both are good plans, and I may rejoin ww at some point. Good luck

I think both plans are great and with the right lifestyle both can work brilliantly. Good luck on your journey x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

rach11pink said:
Thanks hun!Im so confused comming from only ever doing slimming world!!I sware im doing it wrong!I cant possibly be aloud to eat what im eating a still loose weight?? xxx

Hey honey, how u getting on? I did sw barely lost 3 lbs in like a month switched to Ww just got my half stone award in 2 weeks on pp!!! Only 2.5 lbs to go to target now xxx good luck

Wow fantastic! Well done! This weeks been good! I've lost 1lb but I did Have a major slip up ended up with a unplanned bottle of wine got a little tipsy and ended up with thee biggest takaway ever and totally smashed my weeklys!!
I was really upset with my self but after talking it thru with a friend, I just forgot about it and jumped straight back on it!

I e also struggle with some of the pp values in the shop book! I've looked at the basic foods value if my brand isn't it and took that pp value, yet running it thru my calculator it's actually comming out higher in pp, so I've also been having extra pp that I didn't kno about!!! Grrr!
But it hasn't deterred me, I'm still focused!
I'm just on the look out for more recipes now.
Thank you so much for your support! Xxxx

rach11pink said:
Wow fantastic! Well done! This weeks been good! I've lost 1lb but I did Have a major slip up ended up with a unplanned bottle of wine got a little tipsy and ended up with thee biggest takaway ever and totally smashed my weeklys!!
I was really upset with my self but after talking it thru with a friend, I just forgot about it and jumped straight back on it!

I e also struggle with some of the pp values in the shop book! I've looked at the basic foods value if my brand isn't it and took that pp value, yet running it thru my calculator it's actually comming out higher in pp, so I've also been having extra pp that I didn't kno about!!! Grrr!
But it hasn't deterred me, I'm still focused!
I'm just on the look out for more recipes now.
Thank you so much for your support! Xxxx

After a while not long you'll get used to it and it will become second nature honest :) I made a few hiccups first week still sometimes do buy that's the joy of weeklies :) I used a lot of weeklies yesterday in one day, 12 and today will be same as have family over for roast etc. but it all balances out :) am so hoping to be at goal next Saturday wi you'll love this more than sw xxx

Back