Newbie - First Day Today!

MrsWills

Hi all, im am so so so glad i was able to find this sight - had to do so much googling to find you though! lol.

Today is my first day on Xen, I dont have breakfast so had it with lunch and now going to have my dinner. Anyone any tips suggestions for me? Ibve read on other forums that cheese can cause issues?? is this block cheese of like dairylea or laughing cow lights? cause im sort of doing my own version of slimming world and taking Xen, but i have 5 laughing cow lights a day anmd worried may be an issue.

Im losing weigth for IVF. Anyone else in same boat or just new? x:)

Hi there & welcome...

There is a stickie thread on the forum that gives amazing advice for newbies..... I recommend you read that but the basics are no food with more than 5g fat per 100g so cheese itself is a massive no no, think LC lowest fat one is ok.... Also no more than a total of 45g fat per day.

Xen is not a miracle but it really helps keep you eating sensibly, for me the fear of "tango" side effects made me stick to it. I took xen for 4 months from Oct last year to Feb this year & have carried on since eating in a similar way & I now have major issues with feeling grotty if I eat stuff I used to...

Good Luck with your journey x

Hello. I am fairly new as well and already love it here :) So much to read and so much support. I have only been on Xenical for 9 days now and I will be posted in every Thursday on my diary on the thread I started yesterday. Xenical is different for everybody so just get to know what foods make your body have the side effects and write down what you eat (I would recommend My Fitness Pal.)

Also like Lexi, I have been eating really healthily so that I do not get the side effects and I haven't had them for 3 days now because I realised what foods made it happen for my body lol. I look at it as a positive thing though because Xenical is making me eat healthily and even when I stop taking Xenical I will continue to eat healthily :)

Good luck on your weight loss journey.

Thank you both for replying. I feel so positive and confident about losing this weight! Im not so nervous now about what i eat. i jst make sure its less than 5% fat and that in the portion size it wont be more than 15g. im feeling funky fresh and good! Day 3 today. Looking forward to weighing in - im going to do weigh evrery monday so i can update my profile every week.

Any tips for no-nos? i gotta be honest i do love a chinese but not sure what to have normally have a chicken chow mein (its low on syns for SW but not sure for fat content.)??

Thanks for any advice.

Hmmm I'd avoid the chow mein its the oil with Chinese. Maybe chicken with mushrooms & boiled rice or a chop suey. Other option is try cooking them at home. My cooking skills have improved soooooo much in the past year x

You're welcome :) I'm glad you feel confident about losing weight! I feel like that if I keep updating every week, then I will stay focused and there is also lots of support here :)

For no-nos it's just really fatty oily foods. Try to limit the amount you fry food, try different ways because it is healthier. Small changes are good, or you can do what I did, just 1 day I completely stopped eating junk food and fatty processed foods and ready meals :)

Thanks for the reply! well i had a yung chow chow mein tonight and so far so good. think im going to stick to the rules and for take away n things i will see how i go.

Good luck! I have been on Xenical since the 12th November and I have lost 10.6 lbs :) Sticking to the rules will give you good outcomes. I know for me it is making me feel better about myself because I am sticking to the rules and I feel proud of myself for doing it too :) So I'm sure you will feel like that too. Also stick to the rules and you won't have any side effects! :)

Tanks Rosie. i lost ten pounds in my o proud of myself so even my one night i had the chinese didnt hurt me! thanks so much for comments and support

That's great :D Well done! And yh good thing the Chinese was nice to you lol. I had a cheeky slice of chocolate cake and I didn't regret it :) We all need to treat ourselves once in a while for doing so well. My treats are once a month :)

Good luck and I hope you have lots of more success :) Do you weigh yourself weekly?

That's great :D Well done! And yh good thing the Chinese was nice to you lol. I had a cheeky slice of chocolate cake and I didn't regret it :) We all need to treat ourselves once in a while for doing so well. My treats are once a month :)

Good luck and I hope you have lots of more success :) Do you weigh yourself weekly?

You are so strong to only have a treat once a month. Thanks you too! yeah i do weekly will be every Saturday morning from now on. How often do you weigh?

Lol thank you :) You just gotta keep strong and to me 1 month goes past really quickly lol. I weigh myself every Thursday afternoon. I have a diary on here which I am posting in every Thursday and sometimes on other days too :)

Mind if i come and have a look at your diary?
Just to be nosey lol x

Back