Newbie-from wls forum

riceice

Hi guys!

I was initally going for the weight loss surgery option (have 6stone to loose) but chickened out at the last moment due to a few factors;

1. Potential complications of op
2. I enjoy eating healthy foods and id miss it
3. I think im too young for it
4. I should be able to do it myself!

And so, going back to CC. Lost 1.5 stone last year with CC. Plan is to just have 3 meals a day and mayb the occasional treat.

Nice to meet u all.
Wish me luck!!!

Sarah

Xo

Good luck! I started out with 10 stone to lose, but wouldn't have contemplated WLS, for the reasons you mention (apart from the being too young thing, I'm 50, lol). So far I've lost 5.5 stone, so it can be done! All the very best. xx

riceice said:
Hi guys!

I was initally going for the weight loss surgery option (have 6stone to loose) but chickened out at the last moment due to a few factors;

And so, going back to CC. Lost 1.5 stone last year with CC. Plan is to just have 3 meals a day and mayb the occasional treat.

Nice to meet u all.
Wish me luck!!!

Sarah

Xo

These are great reason's not to have surgery. I would like to lose 6st 2lb to take me to 11st. However, I'm very heavy for my size. I'm size 16-18 clothes. So realistically I'm aiming for 13st as my initial long term goal. So I have 4st 2 left to lose. Good luck on your journey, I'm sure you can do it without surgery hun, this is a great supportive site x

Hi guys!

Nice to meet u all.
Wish me luck!!!

Sarah

Xo

I wish you the best of luck! You can do it :D

Wow tracy. Amazing losses. Thats a big inspiration.
Yeah i think 13stone shud b a realistic goal for me too as im quite 'heavy set' lol.
Thanks for the support. Really appreciate it.

Xo

riceice said:
Wow tracy. Amazing losses. Thats a big inspiration.
Yeah i think 13stone shud b a realistic goal for me too as im quite 'heavy set' lol.
Thanks for the support. Really appreciate it.

Xo

Thanks, Sarah! How much do you have to lose? If it's quite a lot, my main advice to you would be to start off quite high on your calories - my starting point was 1800, now down to 1500. If you start too low you'll soon stall. Keep us updated! xx

TracyGWill said:
Thanks, Sarah! How much do you have to lose? If it's quite a lot, my main advice to you would be to start off quite high on your calories - my starting point was 1800, now down to 1500. If you start too low you'll soon stall. Keep us updated! xx

Sorry, just realised you did say you have 6 stone to lose, d'uh. The advice definitely stands, lol. xx

Hi, welcome and good luck on your journey

Good luck with your weight loss. I have a lot to lose too, and I did consider WLS when I was very depressed, but I realised it would be better in the long-term to learn good diet and exercise habits. Also, read a lot of horror stories about surgeries going wrong and people ending up gaining weight!

Hi there & welcome. I had 8 stone to lose & started in October & am 5st 10.5lb down so it can be done. I really didn't believe I could do it but I have & if I can I truly believe anyone can!!!! Good Luck x

Back