Newbie guy starting SS today

Scottishguy1978

Hi to all reading this
Taken the step of starting SS on the CD today and picked up my supplies this morning
Any other guys on here doing SS or anyone starting the diet in the new year let me know would be great to have some buddys on here to support eachother through!!
Hoping to get pretty damn close to target weight by mid march for a holiday
Take care all & happy new year:)

Heya, welcome to Minimins!

Congrats on starting CD, if you stick to it 100% and do it by the book, you'll get there no problemo!

I've restarted today but with a fresh approach, here's to a new start for both of us eh? :D

xx

Cheers!
I reckon the new year timing is a good thing too with new years resolutions and all that!! Best of luck with your restart!

a warm welcome to minimins -- the advice here is invaluable and the people have always been so friendly!

Thanks! Yeah New Years resolutions work well for me (but I didn't want to wait til then to start hehe)...

My resolution last year was to end the year fitter and slimmer than I started it... I started the year and 13.7, and will end it at around 11.7. I started being unable to run, not having ridden a bike for at least 5 years, and generally feeling rubbish. I'm ending it having completed Race for Life, going for a bike ride every Sunday and feeling positive
All because of my New Year's Resolution... it stuck with me and has driven me to keep going. It's not been a direct, easy route, but we're getting there!

My resolution for 2009 is going to be:

To become a CDC, to get married feeling healthy and slim, and to learn to do something new!

Not sure what the new thing will be yet though!

So what do you think yours will be? Is there anything you want to achieve this year?

xx

wow well done on your achievements this year - thats fantastic! and you have bags of drive to keep going which is great

I'd like next year to be the year i finally shift the 3 stone i want to and just simply to keep it off permanently!

not looking forward to the next 3-4 days but after that it seems to get better

Well done on the race for life too !!
London marathon next year for you then????!!! :)

hiya
im not a guy lol but restarted today after 5 days off, im doing SS too, its really easy once you get going ( for me anyway but for a lot of others too) So good luck!!
x

hiya
im not a guy lol but restarted today after 5 days off, im doing SS too, its really easy once you get going ( for me anyway but for a lot of others too) So good luck!!
x

hey
cheers for the support and best of luck for you getting back on it too! :D

That's a great resolution - you'll achieve that I'm certain of it!

I've always found days 1-2 easy, day 3 I feel grumpy and day 4 downright awful! But as long as I can get through day 4 it's plain sailing from there on in :)

Lol the one thing that the Race for Life taught me is that I am NOT a long-distance runner. Yes, I'm physically capable of it, but I don't have the mental strength to endure that kind of activity!! Lol! I only put myself through the RfL to prove to myself I could do it. Silly but it meant a lot to me as I'd never been able to do more than a 100m sprint.

Have you thought of setting an exercise target? I found it really helpful to have that as well as the weightloss target, as it improved how I felt and my tone/fitness was much better as a result.

xxx

text_welcome_32.gif

Scottish Guy

That's a great resolution - you'll achieve that I'm certain of it!

I've always found days 1-2 easy, day 3 I feel grumpy and day 4 downright awful! But as long as I can get through day 4 it's plain sailing from there on in :)

Lol the one thing that the Race for Life taught me is that I am NOT a long-distance runner. Yes, I'm physically capable of it, but I don't have the mental strength to endure that kind of activity!! Lol! I only put myself through the RfL to prove to myself I could do it. Silly but it meant a lot to me as I'd never been able to do more than a 100m sprint.

Have you thought of setting an exercise target? I found it really helpful to have that as well as the weightloss target, as it improved how I felt and my tone/fitness was much better as a result.

xxx

Yeah cheers I actually go to gym regularly already (the reason I havent been losing weight with going to gym is i like my food & beer too much so it kinda counter balances it all lol)

Avoiding the gym this week as my CDC says I probably won't have the energy once i am there but from next week I am going to go a 2-3 times a week and build in the cardio exercise too.

Cheers for your advice & support! Can't wait to get past day 4 now!:)

Ah wicked! Sounds like you've got it sorted then :) Your CDC's advice is right, your plan sounds good! I find I lack energy big-time on CD, but I can handle a bit of gentle stuff - walking, cycling, aquafit and pilates are all my faves.

Well, all the best with it - you sound like you have it sussed and are set on your goal, so all that's left to do now is get past day 4 and get there! There's a lot of support available on here so if you ever need anything, there's always someone around to give you a bit of help and advice!

xxx

Welcome and best of luck - you sound really motivated and positive xx

Ah wicked! Sounds like you've got it sorted then :) Your CDC's advice is right, your plan sounds good! I find I lack energy big-time on CD, but I can handle a bit of gentle stuff - walking, cycling, aquafit and pilates are all my faves.

Well, all the best with it - you sound like you have it sussed and are set on your goal, so all that's left to do now is get past day 4 and get there! There's a lot of support available on here so if you ever need anything, there's always someone around to give you a bit of help and advice!

xxx

Many thanks for your warm welcome & words of support! Off to have a soup now! Have a good eve & best of luck with your diet too:)

Hiya good luck with it. I started yesterday lol but have to stop as my cdc is away. SO fingers x i will be starting again this friday woo hoo Good luck with it, and will see you around

Hey Scottishguy - welcome and good luck! I think you're probably outnumbered on here men:women, but we don't bite! (certainly not those of us on SS as other than bars, we're not biting ANYTHING!) lol

Cx

Welcome mate, not just starting but been on it for a while. Great diet that is very hard to get into but ok once you get into it but you will see results, and as most women moan about you will lose weight faster than them. Ive been losing a stone a month on 810 plan so you'll soon lose loads. :)

Back