Newbie....had Gastric Surgery one week ago

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by sdramaticone, 18 November 2008 Social URL.

1. sdramaticone

sdramaticone New Member

I just had gastric bypass surgery a week and a day ago, and I am experiencing alot of pain on the left side of my stomach, is that normal, does anyone who has had the surgery know? Also, since I dont go to see my doctor until another 2 weeks, would it be a good idea to weigh myself? Im really curious to know if I have lost any weight yet.

Thanks and Im happy to be a part of the support group, if there is anything I can answer for anyone, know that I will:sigh:.....
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Tanari

Tanari 100% Focused

Start Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Welcome to minimins. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Hope you feel pain free soon
  4. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Hi and welcome. Also join the surgery section with others who have similar experience

Irene xx
  5. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

6. charliegirl

charliegirl Silver Member

Gastric Bypass
    Hi welcome to minis, I had the bypass on 8th november, not had pain on my left but have done on the right, it was through eating too quickly and not chewing my food....I have weighed myself twice since the op. I dont have scales at home but go to the computorised ones in morrisons chemist as you get a print out and it stores your details.....hope you get the pain sorted soon. Do you have a bariatric nurse you can contact? Mine said previously any pain on the left is in the large bowel so it might be something you have eaten...xx
  7. Jax123

Jax123 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Hi and :welcome: to Minimins. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Hope the pain subsides soon :)
  8. uglyduck16

uglyduck16 Full Member

RNY Gastric Bypass
    Welcome to the MiniMins :D
    How is the pain feeling now? Any better?? Hope so :)
    I am having my gastric bypass operation next week, so the only advice i can really give you is to check out the surgery section on this site- it totally rocks!!
    Xxx Lizzie xxX
  9. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Weight Watchers
  10. thisisit

thisisit Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    eating from module two of N.O.C plan basically protein,veg fruit ,4 ryvita introduced some grains,
    Welcome to minimins, how are you now?
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.