Newbie....had Gastric Surgery one week ago

sdramaticone

Hello

I just had gastric bypass surgery a week and a day ago, and I am experiencing alot of pain on the left side of my stomach, is that normal, does anyone who has had the surgery know? Also, since I dont go to see my doctor until another 2 weeks, would it be a good idea to weigh myself? Im really curious to know if I have lost any weight yet.

Thanks and Im happy to be a part of the support group, if there is anything I can answer for anyone, know that I will:sigh:.....

Welcome to minimins. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Hope you feel pain free soon

Hi welcome to minis, I had the bypass on 8th november, not had pain on my left but have done on the right, it was through eating too quickly and not chewing my food....I have weighed myself twice since the op. I dont have scales at home but go to the computorised ones in morrisons chemist as you get a print out and it stores your details.....hope you get the pain sorted soon. Do you have a bariatric nurse you can contact? Mine said previously any pain on the left is in the large bowel so it might be something you have eaten...xx

Hi and :welcome: to Minimins. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Hope the pain subsides soon :)

Welcome to the MiniMins :D
How is the pain feeling now? Any better?? Hope so :)
I am having my gastric bypass operation next week, so the only advice i can really give you is to check out the surgery section on this site- it totally rocks!!
Xxx Lizzie xxX

Welcome to Minimins :)

Back