Extra Easy Newbie - help - Cupboard staples

teens1974

Hi all

I am new to here and sw, start officailly tomorrow at class.

I want to stock my cupboards up and have no idea what should be staples in there... Can you all let me know your MUST HAVES and I can get my shopping list going :D

I have so far:

Beans
Pasta
Packet rice (Batchelors)

Thank you

x

Hi and welcome :)
I think there's a few threads like this- I know there is a good one for Aldi shoppers if you google it! There's also a thread called 'Where the bargains are at and anything else that's useful' which is really helpful.
My cupboard staples are definitely beans and pasta which you have, as well as tinned tomatoes/tomato purée, tinned carrots (pushed for time) tinned potatoes (make roasties with frylight) , mushy peas, kidney beans
Herbs and spices- Italian mixed herbs (yummy on roast veg) cumin and coriander (say goodbye to packet chilli con carne mix), stock cubes and lea and perrins.
Tins of tuna if you eat it are handy for ryvita topping/jacket potato/sandwich, mug shots are good with fruit for lunch if you need to grab and go, pasta n sauce for a lazy lunch/tea, and some low syn chocolate bars e.g freddo, fun size choc bars for when a craving hits!
Good luck :) x

thank you both for the replies :)

I am trying to find my way around the forum and get some info but I was really struggling with the cupboard side of things. Know what i need in my fridge and freezer but needed other bits

thanks again
x

If you eat dairy, I would add fat-free natural yoghurt/fromage frais and fat-free cottage cheese as well.

edited to add: sorry, those are fridge rather than cupboard staples!

is greek yoghurt free?
Depends on the brand. Total 0% Greek yoghurt is free (expensive but worth it in my opinion). Tesco's Greek style 0% fat natural yoghurt is free and really nice as well, but not as creamy tasting as Total.

Back