Newbie help

Hi All,

I'm currently on my 3rd week slimming world and finding it great so far I lost 4lb in my first week which I was really happy with however I had my 2nd WI on Monday and I had put on 2lb, I had been good the whole week and 'saved' my syns until Sunday where I had a family party and I had a few treats but certainly nothing that would make me put on 2lb! I was really bloated the next day and kept drinking peppermint tea to ease it but I just felt rubbish could the 2lb gain just be bloatedness? I hope so as I really don't want to give up just yet as I'm really enjoying what I'm doing!

Really nervous for next WI, I'm wondering whether to cut down on my carb intake?
Any advice really appreciated!

x

Hi Danielle

hopefully your loss will show on the scales next week, your gain could well be bloatedness from a day of having much more calories and fat in one day than your body is now used to. It could also be water retention - if you were drinking alcohol has a tendency to cause that :)

Another thought, are you maybe coming up to star week?

As for carbs, you could try a couple of Extra Easy SP days this week which limits your carbs? I find I'm hungrier on SP so I only do a couple of days, never a whole week, but it does seem to give my losses a boost

Thanks so much how stupid I completely forgot I had two glasses of champagne no wonder I bloated out! Hopefully there will be a loss this week! will keep you posted!

Back