Newbie here but oldie weight watchers

Babsuk57

Hi; I'm new to this forum, but have been on and off weight watchers for three years.
I was hoping to meet others who are doing WW from home with no meetings? :)

Hi; I'm new to this forum, but have been on and off weight watchers for three years.
I was hoping to meet others who are doing WW from home with no meetings? :)

Welcome Sweetie -) Good Luck with your WW Journey :) I warn you now, Minimins is VERY addictive ;-) x Im doing WW from home, there's quite a few of us on here who do! X

I do WW from home too :)

Welcome x

Yeah I subscribe online but am cancelling it after my free trial next month, I can do it myself without spending £12 a month! Good luck :)

After struggling with Slimming World (and a bit of a feeder of a husband!) I signed up online on 30th July and started tracking on 31st and trawled through the recipes for stuff I liked. I now have a chicken curry, shepherds pie and butternut squash in the freezer, as well as some emergency ready meals. When I have got the plan under my belt, I will cancel my subscription.
I was a bit apprehensive about going back to a proper portion-controlled plan but I have to say, it is definitely what I needed. Added to that, the husband has been ordered by the doctor to lose 2st, which will help me no end, especially as we took turns cooking and he would promise not to cook with oil and butter but then, as it turned out......hmmmm. I fell for it every time.
Well, that's my life story - I am feeling positive after what has felt like a good start and will be interested to see how other newbies get on.
Good luck!

After struggling with Slimming World (and a bit of a feeder of a husband!) I signed up online on 30th July and started tracking on 31st and trawled through the recipes for stuff I liked. I now have a chicken curry, shepherds pie and butternut squash in the freezer, as well as some emergency ready meals. When I have got the plan under my belt, I will cancel my subscription.
I was a bit apprehensive about going back to a proper portion-controlled plan but I have to say, it is definitely what I needed. Added to that, the husband has been ordered by the doctor to lose 2st, which will help me no end, especially as we took turns cooking and he would promise not to cook with oil and butter but then, as it turned out......hmmmm. I fell for it every time.
Well, that's my life story - I am feeling positive after what has felt like a good start and will be interested to see how other newbies get on.
Good luck!

Good Luck Maria :) I think WW is fantastic and I wish you the very best of luck with your journey. X

I will do when I work out how to do it!

Easy Peasy! Just go into the WW Section and start one in either the Food Diary or Weight Loss Diary Section :) x

I know what you mean about the portion control, that's why Slimming world isn't great for me, I need to know when I should stop!!
Good Luck on your journey xx

What do u find u don't like about it? X

I find it so hard to stick too! I'm always starving!! I'm not a big fruit fan, I'm not a big veg fan, I do love salad but there's only so much I can put up with! In the job that I do I'm running around alot and so I end up starving on my break so i take my pathetic salads out of the fridge and all I want is a big filling plate of carbs

I try to bring weighed portions of pasta to heat up, (wierdly i always feel fuller if i heat food up) and I always start the day with 2boiled eggs with toast! Big problem, carbs with every meal! I do exercise everyday, I walk everywhere, I currently tried a new gym today which saw me swimming for the first time in 2years! I don't know if I will join yet as when i start in court in October I have no idea what my hours will be so it seems like it will be a waste of money!!

I'm also a major stress head, food calms me and I eat out of boredom. That is all!!!

I find it so hard to stick too! I'm always starving!! I'm not a big fruit fan, I'm not a big veg fan, I do love salad but there's only so much I can put up with! In the job that I do I'm running around alot and so I end up starving on my break so i take my pathetic salads out of the fridge and all I want is a big filling plate of carbs

I try to bring weighed portions of pasta to heat up, (wierdly i always feel fuller if i heat food up) and I always start the day with 2boiled eggs with toast! Big problem, carbs with every meal! I do exercise everyday, I walk everywhere, I currently tried a new gym today which saw me swimming for the first time in 2years! I don't know if I will join yet as when i start in court in October I have no idea what my hours will be so it seems like it will be a waste of money!!

I'm also a major stress head, food calms me and I eat out of boredom. That is all!!!

Hhhmmmm that's quite a mixture of reasons then lol! If you need carbs at each meal, why don't you try SF? You'll have the flexibility of carbs until you are full but also the Weeklies to fall back on. Win Win! X

Hhhmmmm that's quite a mixture of reasons then lol! If you need carbs at each meal, why don't you try SF? You'll have the flexibility of carbs until you are full but also the Weeklies to fall back on. Win Win! X

I fear with simply filling I will just keep eating!!! I also am crazy about a pasta salad from marks and Spencer's, which I usually add to a mixed salad to bulk it up. I don't know how it would work on SF! I also eat like a best of both bread and smaller pittas than the ww ones! So I don't think they are allowed either!!

I fear with simply filling I will just keep eating!!! I also am crazy about a pasta salad from marks and Spencer's, which I usually add to a mixed salad to bulk it up. I don't know how it would work on SF! I also eat like a best of both bread and smaller pittas than the ww ones! So I don't think they are allowed either!!

What will u do instead then? X

No clue! I was gunna give slimming world a go. Do you think SF would work if I made the odd substitution on the pittas?? And I think for the pasta salad il give it like 3/4 weeklies for the dressing!

That sounds perfect re dressing, I'm not sure on the pittas? Maybe find some which are as nutrionally similar to WW ones? I know someone who did SF and they ate Shredded Wheat even tho you're not meant to.x

Back