Newbie Here,Extra easy question?

shelley831

Hi,
I started SW last Wednesday,I am completley baffled by Extra easy,Can I snack on crab sticks and can I have baked potato with beans for lunch with no superfree foods?
Sorry for the silly question but I just cant quite grasp this plan.I have done slimming world years ago but they didnt have the Extra easy plan then.

Thanks in advance,
Shelley

shelley831 said:
Hi,
I started SW last Wednesday,I am completley baffled by Extra easy,Can I snack on crab sticks and can I have baked potato with beans for lunch with no superfree foods?
Sorry for the silly question but I just cant quite grasp this plan.I have done slimming world years ago but they didnt have the Extra easy plan then.

Thanks in advance,
Shelley

Basically the superfree foods fill you up with minimal calorie intake, so when you fill your plate a third full you are reducing the overall calorie content of your meal without having to weigh or measure foods. I like the green days as I struggle with the 1/3 plate food thing as I don't do salad and a lot of the foods I eat are free food not superfree, I usually have a veggie lunch as I will use quorn and then I save one of my hex b for meat with my evening meal.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Thanks in advance,
Shelley

You should have 1/3 SF with every meal. I love a good spud with beans (& poss cheese) for lunch but always have a salad of some description with it (toms, cucumber or beetroot if nothing else).

.Yes you can snack on crab sticks (as long as you're hungry - not just bored) but you should try to reach for something SF to snack on 1st, free 2nd and syns 3rd.

SSL555 said:
I like the green days as I struggle with the 1/3 plate food thing as I don't do salad and a lot of the foods I eat are free food not superfree

The 1/3 super free should apply to all plans although it's vital for extra easy.

I hate salad and haven't eaten it at all the whole time I've been following SW but still manage to get my 1/3 in. Try having roast veg instead of salad or incorporate the 1/3 into your meal as a pasta sauce, perhaps.

In answer to the OP, you would need some super free with your jacket. I often have potato and beans for lunch but will have a fruit salad afterwards.

Jaq said:
The 1/3 super free should apply to all plans although it's vital for extra easy.

I hate salad and haven't eaten it at all the whole time I've been following SW but still manage to get my 1/3 in. Try having roast veg instead of salad or incorporate the 1/3 into your meal as a pasta sauce, perhaps.

In answer to the OP, you would need some super free with your jacket. I often have potato and beans for lunch but will have a fruit salad afterwards.

I do add some sf food into my cooking, but doesn't fill 1/3 of the plate, 1/3 super free only applies to ee as on the original and green you are limiting either your carb or protein intake.

SSL555 said:
I do add some sf food into my cooking, but doesn't fill 1/3 of the plate, 1/3 super free only applies to ee as on the original and green you are limiting either your carb or protein intake.

Sorry but that's not correct. It is essential for EE but also highly recommended on other plans. There is a thread about the 1/3 requirement for green on here (which I see you have visited) which confirms this too.

Please don't take this reply as being harsh, I just think it's important that others reading this realise how the plan should be followed, especially as a lot of new members who are not attending classes or following SW online read these forums.

Jaq said:
Sorry but that's not correct. It is essential for EE but also highly recommended on other plans. There is a thread about the 1/3 requirement for green on here (which I see you have visited) which confirms this too.

Please don't take this reply as being harsh, I just think it's important that others reading this realise how the plan should be followed, especially as a lot of new members who are not attending classes or following SW online read these forums.

I follow sw online and 1/3 superfree applies to mainly extra easy, the green day plan (which I follow) your food can be made up of any combination of super free and free food it does not have to be a minimum of 1/3 super free.

I agree that info on here should be as accurate as possible my info for the plans is based on information provided to me by the sw website on how to follow the green plan.

This is what it states on the website for a green day:-
Free food
1. Choose your Free Food
Choose freely from the Superfree Foods and from the Green Free Foods (on the Getting started downloads) - that means any Free Food that's coloured green or orange

You don't need to weigh, measure or count them - eat as much as you want - they're completely Free!.

This what the website states for the extra easy plan:-
1. Unlimited Free Food
At each mealtime, fill 1/3 of your plate with Superfree Food and make them your first choice between meals. You'll naturally limit your energy intake without counting a single calorie and you'll be enjoying a really healthy diet, making your weight loss extra easy!

Plus choose from all the fabulous Free Foods you can enjoy (as much as you like, whenever you like) to satisfy your appetite: lean meat, poultry and fish, pasta, rice and grains, fat free diary products, eggs and some vegetarian products.

Back