• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

newbie HERE, how many carbs have i eaten help

hey everyone first day on atkins today after lipotrim for 15 weeks, bit worried im gona have a gain this week with eating food,

today ive had

brekki-bottle diet coke:p and some ham

dinner- microwaved (so not fat used) omlette made with 3 small eggs with a red pepper, half an onion and a grating of cheese on top, and 2 table spoons of helmans mayo

tea-
omlette made with 3 eggs, a pepper, half onion, 3 mushrooms, fried in butter:eek: with a salmon fillet and 1 tablespoon of mayo

and ive also had 1 coffee and 1 tea with two teaspoons in each and full fat cream

im just unsure what carbs i need to count and what not to, advice me please lol

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Cinta

Silver Member
Hi & welcome. Forget the onions at this stage, far too high. Use spring onions/scallions instead (they're less than a 1/3 of the carbs!) Cut out the diet coke just for now. Drink loads of water &, as Jim would say, eat some greens hun!

Good luck :D

Last edited:
Hi & welcome. Forget the onions at this stage, far too high. Use spring onions/scallions instead (they're less than a 1/3 of the carbs!) Cut out the diet coke just for now. Drinks loads of water &, as Jim would say, eat some greens hun!

Good luck :D
hey hun thanks, will do from now on, :D so what carbs do i have to count and which dont i?

Yup, what Cinta said. The citric acid in fizzy drinks can slow weight loss. You count all carbs from packaging and should be having about 25 a day. There's a really good sticky about starting Atkins that's worth a read with lots of valuable info.

Yup, what Cinta said. The citric acid in fizzy drinks can slow weight loss. You count all carbs from packaging and should be having about 25 a day. There's a really good sticky about starting Atkins that's worth a read with lots of valuable info.
hi i thougth inductuction was 20 perday?:D
and will switch the coke to water, been aving that on LP anyway:)

Cinta

Silver Member
Yep 20 is right. Check Jim's sticky above 'so you're thinking of stating Atkins'. Lots of info. He's always here for lots of advice too, we're a friendly bunch :D

Hi Natalie, why no fat love. It's good for you, Atkins says you have to eat fat to burn fat. :)

Welcome.

Oops think your right about the 20 not 25. I usually end up having 25 and works for me. 20 is what you should have on induction. Sorry.
yeah thought so:D

Yep 20 is right. Check Jim's sticky above 'so you're thinking of stating Atkins'. Lots of info. He's always here for lots of advice too, we're a friendly bunch :D
yeah i will have a good read of it sometime today:)

Hi Natalie, why no fat love. It's good for you, Atkins says you have to eat fat to burn fat. :)

Welcome.
hey hun, i dont mind fat, its wa just easier in microwave lol and after doing lipotrim for 15 weeks if i have it too much i think ill be sick, not used to it anymore, i feel sick already having cream in coffee:p

OK, stick some butter in there then :D
haha yummy will do, i love butter i felt like all my birthdays had come when i read butter can be used

I know Natalie, I fry everything in butter these days. Yum Yum

Petal01

Still Climbing That Hill!
Hi and welcome

welcome to Atkins and dont worry to much about gains as you swap over think long term and for me i actully lost once i started eating again in my first week of Atkins from CD go figure x

welcome to Atkins and dont worry to much about gains as you swap over think long term and for me i actully lost once i started eating again in my first week of Atkins from CD go figure x
wow yeah looking at your losses id deffo be really happy with those, and im really glad to see a few others have gone from vlcds to atkins, so seems a good decision:D

Spinoza

Never give up
Hiya Nat! :wave_cry: Hope you do really well on Atkins, isn't it great to be eating again? :D Do you have the book yet? It's really handy to refer to. Best of luck for this week - do it properly and you'll be fine.

I agree about the onions - tiny amounts only - I only put them in my pate now for flavour, also red pepper is highish, but if you counted it then that's fine.

Hiya Nat! :wave_cry: Hope you do really well on Atkins, isn't it great to be eating again? :D Do you have the book yet? It's really handy to refer to. Best of luck for this week - do it properly and you'll be fine.

I agree about the onions - tiny amounts only - I only put them in my pate now for flavour, also red pepper is highish, but if you counted it then that's fine.
hey hunni, i so hope i do well too and yes its really nice to eat, its like a treat:D

i need to get the book as of yet, looking around for one, and i deffo will cut down the onion

what about green pepper?