Newbie Here! Is there a wrong way to do it?!

Good Morning All!

I’ve been hanging around here for about 4 weeks now so I feel like I know you all pretty well! I had trouble registering that’s why this is my first time talking to you.

My story so far… 3 years ago I done Lighter Life Lite and lost the best part of 3 stone with them, since then I have stuck to low carb (Harcombe/Atkins) but have broken out at times (don’t we all) and have gained back 13lbs which I would like to lose but I am sick to the back teeth of eating little or no carbs and need some variety in my life so after seeing the Horizon programme and finding this wonderful site I started JUDDING. So, first week I lost 3lbs, second week I had two major up days as I was away for the weekend and gained 5lbs, which I lost in a matter of 5 days, I then sts for one week, following week lost 1lb, this week I’ve gained that 1lb back - I’ve got to admit I’m a slave to the scales, and I know weight fluctuates dramatically on this WOE, but what I need to know is there anything that I could be doing wrong? On my DD I’ve been sticking to around 400 calories (so difficult) and I haven’t been counting on my UP days – the freedom of it all is heaven, and to be able to have a couple of slices of toast of a weekend, and fish ‘n chips is wonderful – when I wake up on an UP day I feel so happy it’s incredible! Anyway, has anyone come over after years of low carbing and had any problems?. Can I share what I’m eating today with you on my UP day. Breakfast was a couple of tbsps honey yoghurt with blueberries and a handful of bran flakes, I’m treating myself to lunch today from Pret (don’t usually do this) so it’s a tuna and cucumber baguette followed by a lemon cheesecake pot, and evening meal will be a goats cheese salad followed by a white chocolate magnum and maybe, just maybe a couple of biscuits, I’ve added the calories up today (don’t usually) and your looking at around 1850 – and that’s being generous. Is that okay as all that food is heaven to me but is it ‘wrong’? Lovely talking to you all and hope to be around for a while – off on hols on 18[SUP]th[/SUP] September for three weeks so it’s all going to go out the window then but when I return I want to start this WOE again. I want it to work so very badly as I’m loving it just scared I’m doing it wrong. Thanks for listening and have a great whether you’re on an UP day or DOWN day..

Hi

Sounds like if that's a normal UD then you're doing it right. I still calorie count on UDs just to keep an eye on things. My food habits mean it would be very easy for me to eat 3000 4000 5000 calories without blinking. If I'm going out for a Chinese or something on a UD I still try and cut back a bit at breakfast/lunch so that I don't hold back when out. I think what I'm saying is that it appears not to matter what you eat. (from a weight loss point of view). My weight has been fluctuating quite a bit. I try and look at the trend rather than day to day.

Hi!

I think I'm going to start counting on UDs too just to keep an eye on things. I haven't looked at calories in years so think I should just to get a rough idea of the count in certain foods. I'm out for lunch on Sunday, it's supposed to be a DD but that's not going to happen, will try to make it an in-between-day if I can! Thank you for responding.

Marie

Hi and welcome, you sound as if you are doing everything just fine, when you say you have gained 5lbs was that an official weigh in day or just the day after the UPs, the weight does fluctuate but you should really be only looking at your official weigh in a week after your last and after a DD . Are you seeing any difference in your size yet? thats the biggest plus of this diet for me ;)

Hi! and thank you for the welcome. I must admit it wasn't my official weigh-in, if it had been I'd have found out that I had stayed the same, I'm a nightmare with the scales so much so that my sister has been known to remove the battery from them so I can't weigh! I'm glad to hear I'm doing it right, I'll just have to be patient with the weight loss and hope it happens. I panic when I see the number on the scales staying the say for a couple of weeks and then going up and automatically want to starve myself but so want this WOE to work for me that I refuse to give up. I shall try my very best to weigh-in once a week after a DD as I know in my heart that's the way to do it. Thank you for your support :)

Hi! and thank you for the welcome. I must admit it wasn't my official weigh-in, if it had been I'd have found out that I had stayed the same, I'm a nightmare with the scales so much so that my sister has been known to remove the battery from them so I can't weigh! I'm glad to hear I'm doing it right, I'll just have to be patient with the weight loss and hope it happens. I panic when I see the number on the scales staying the say for a couple of weeks and then going up and automatically want to starve myself but so want this WOE to work for me that I refuse to give up. I shall try my very best to weigh-in once a week after a DD as I know in my heart that's the way to do it. Thank you for your support :)
If you really have to weigh everyday then thats ok as long as you accept that there will be gains but you need to remember that those gains are food weight etc not real gains. My weight bounce up all the time but it is going down I was 13 5 when I started and I am now 12 1 (official weight) so despite the swings the weight has headed downwards ;)

Thank you all for the Welcome! You're a great bunch of happy and supportive people and I'm delighted to have been able to join you. Well done bajolet, your weight loss is inspiring. DD today and my stomach is growling at me already but it's not a bad feeling. Look forward to UP Day tomorrow and a sunny weekend! Best to all of you.

You are more than welcome and I look forward to seeing you around x

mmmm up days.... :)

I'm struggling at the moment, had a 2:5 last week (which really ended up being 1 dd and 1 int, and 5 ups!!) and gained 3lb! It still hasnt come off yet, feeling a bit meh about it but know this is the diet for me. I don't feel 3lb fatter, if anything I feel smaller, but it can be hard to ignore those numbers on the scale...!

Ignore ignore ignore, you know its working, did you read my analogy of juddd and a Mole? Well think of all the hard work a mole does underground that you can't see, then all of a sudden he pops his head up and his hard work is visible to all lol Thats Juddd x. I am in the same position as you this week hun, although I lost my gain by Tues (after my 4ups in a row) but they seem to be catching back up with me slowly as the week goes on, hoping its just toilet trouble but the strange thing is I am continuing to have non scalke victories and I noticed yesterday that my arms are looking toned, not that I exercise so don't know whats happening there??? You know Juddd works but I also know what the scales tell us is also important to us although we wish it wasn't , lets hope the whooshie fairy pays us both a visit tonight hun, but if not we will just carry on cos we know it works ;)

Back