Newbie here - SW; hiya!

Ru x

I my name is Ru and I've finally created a proper login for minimins after being a 'browser' for a few weeks now. I started SW a couple of weeks ago and am actually really enjoying it. My husband is doing it with me but he doesn't come along to weigh ins, he weighs himself weekly at work.

I have been overweight my whole life, extremely at some points, and have dabbled with diets before. I've tried WW and SW before but found SW fits in better with family mealtimes. I am finally ready to really discover who I am so I need to start with shedding some stones! A goal of mine is to learn to ride a horse and yes, I'm sure I am able to do it at the weight I am now, but I want to be comfortable in my skin before I do.

Wish me luck guys!

Ru x said:
I my name is Ru and I've finally created a proper login for minimins after being a 'browser' for a few weeks now. I started SW a couple of weeks ago and am actually really enjoying it. My husband is doing it with me but he doesn't come along to weigh ins, he weighs himself weekly at work.

I have been overweight my whole life, extremely at some points, and have dabbled with diets before. I've tried WW and SW before but found SW fits in better with family mealtimes. I am finally ready to really discover who I am so I need to start with shedding some stones! A goal of mine is to learn to ride a horse and yes, I'm sure I am able to do it at the weight I am now, but I want to be comfortable in my skin before I do.

Wish me luck guys!

Hiya Ru , I too have done WW and SW also unislim. I find SW fits in with my life better . I joined WW on Friday . When I got home and read through it . I found it wasn't for me . So I'm going to rejoin SW on Wednesday . I wish all the best on your journey . On here is great to chat to people who are all in the same boat.

Hi Ru, I am newbie as well, like you a browsed this site for a while before deciding to give it a go!! I have tried WW and SW before, although i did love WW and had a good weight loss, i just felt that i was being restricted and recently lost all interest in the plan. SW just seems to give you the freedom to eat foods that are filling and enjoyable with no counting points!!! That's an added bonus! Good Luck!!:)

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm really looking forward to getting stuck in to the site. Just need to learn how to use it properly first!!

Back