NEWBIE HERE WITH A QUERY..

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers - ProPoints Queries' started by pommychic, 13 April 2011 Social URL.

1. pommychic

pommychic Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    WW Propoints
    Hi everyone!

My name is Andrea and I joined weightwatchers propoints last week. I am praying weightwatchers is the answer to my prayers in finding a diet plan that will finally work!

I have my first weigh in tonight and I am a bit nervous! I have gone through my tracker book checking what I have eaten throughout the week and I was wondering about the weekly propoints... I have used up 43 of all my weekly points. (I had a very busy weekend socially) I have been reading on these boards and I have seen that there are members who do not use the 49 points to give themselves a better chance of losing.. Is this the case? I have done quite a lot of exercise during the week - jogging, power walking and spin classes which I havent accounted for.. so hopefully fingers crossed!

I just dont want to sabotage my weight loss by using the weekly points... what does everyone else do?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ~Crooked Smile~

~Crooked Smile~ Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(24.86%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi and welcome :)
    Everybody seems to find different things with their weeklies. I personally eat all of mine pretty much every week and have good losses (or maintain if I eat more dailies, depending on what I want that week). The only thing is I have to eat them first half of the week, rather than close to my weigh in.
    If I were you, I would start just as you have, eating a good chunk of them if you want/need to. If you find you are not getting the losses you hoped/ expected, you can always cut back on them a bit :)
    Hope that helps!

Oh, also, if you're doing a lot of exercise but not counting/ eating the points (I'm the same!) I'd say definitely go for it with the weeklies :)

4. smirnoff

smirnoff Overweight or undertall?!

Start Weight:
    11st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i drink most of my weeklies :party0036:

5. Rosie_Lee

Rosie_Lee Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st7.5lb(32.32%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers propoints
    i eat most of my weekly's but save my activity points and i've lost 9lb in 4 weeks which i am very happy with.
    some do well on this diet, others not as good, so i would just see how it goes and figure which is best for you as you go on.

6. hannata

hannata I can haz cake?

Start Weight:
    280lb
    Current Weight:
    249.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    208.5lb
    Lost(%):
    31lb(11.07%)
    Diet:
    ADF
    Yeah you should eat your weeklies and see what happens. If you get into the habit of not eating them for too long your metabolism changes and you wont ever be able to have them without gaining... which for me would make the diet a lot harder. The whole point (lol) of ww is that its supposed to be something you can integrate into your life!

Eating less doesn't always mean losing more

7. pudnpie

pudnpie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I eat all my weeklies. Just follow the plan as written and only worry about it if you don't lose. And don't forget that if you are in it for the long haul then you might want to take the more livable route rather than the quickest. I think it is better to point everything and use your weeklies if necessary rather than pretend you haven't eaten stuff which would probably be what happens if you have another social weekend but have decided not to have your weeklies :) Point and stay in control x

8. hannata

hannata I can haz cake?

Start Weight:
    280lb
    Current Weight:
    249.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    208.5lb
    Lost(%):
    31lb(11.07%)
    Diet:
    ADF
    Yeah I completely agree. (bolded part in particular)

That's the only bad thing about here. People come on and read other peoples cheats or amendments.. and think this is the way to do it. Why make life hard for yourself before you've even started? If you want to lose weight ridiculously fast you shouldn't be on ww :)

This weekend my father and I are making home made freakin pizza (the extra points will be taken out of my weekly points!) and I have to say I can't wait. I love how you actually ENJOY food on this plan.

9. pudnpie

pudnpie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I made a pizza too a couple of weeks ago, Hannata, and it was delicious. Tomorrow we are having homemade burgers. Yum yum. It's good to have some weekend treats x

10. Sneeze

Sneeze Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st10lb(31.01%)
    Diet:
    WW ProPoints & Gym
    While I rarely eat all my weeklies, I did at the beginning. It's taken me since I started (September last year) to really get into the swing of it. And it's different for everyone; some eat all their weeklies and lose, others eat em and gain. I've found personally that I generally have a week of eating lots of them then a week of only eating a few. The thing that plataeus me is eating the same thing (and point amount) every week. Then I just stall. It's not great but at least means every week I get to shake it up a bit. :)

11. jeveuxtarevanche

jeveuxtarevanche Likes to EAT!

Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World Extra Easy
    I usually use my weeklies, and I was doing well on it. I'm sure if you keep going with eating your weeklies, you'll be perfectly fine! Best of luck x

12. Leeboy

Leeboy Member

Start Weight:
    11st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(17.83%)
    Diet:
    Weight watcher pro points
    Hi, I eat just a few of my weeklies on a Saturday night, thats out treat night. Tonight its fish and chips. I think if I was to eat all my weeklies I wouldn't lose anything, but everybody's different and you get to know your own body. You just need to try it for yourself. Hope this helps.

13. Mammacass24

Mammacass24 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6lb(12.98%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatcher ProPoints
    I tend to eat at least half my weeklies. I try to eat them in the first half of the week and only stick to dailies in the 2 days prior to WI, works for me :)

14. 16-11

16-11 Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watcher PP
    I eat all my weeklies. I would be lost without them.

I was the same as you Reading on this and getting worried cause I didn't feel like I was dieting.

I've lost 8lbs in 3 weeks :)

I would say go for it and eat them and see how u get on

15. blonde1991

blonde1991 Guest

I am in my third month of doing wwand i have eaten all my weeklys everyweek and have lost 2lb a week since starting so i wud say definatly go for it! X

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.