Newbie here!

Lil K

Addicted to Minimins
Ordered 1 weeks worth of SnS packs on Friday so expecting my delivery tomorrow. I opted to do 4 packs a day. I'm not new to VLCD's but am new to SnS and looking forward to getting started. There seems to be a lot more variety and ive read some good comments about the taste etc, so fingers crossed this is the one for me.

I've had a look at the info on the SnS website and on their forums, but couldnt seem to find much information on there about the various stages of the diet. Because I am planning to have 4 packs, is that all I have? With the 3 packs it talks about a protein meal, but ive also seen milk & veg being discussed on here. Is the milk & veg for the 3 a day only? Do I get any information about the diet with the packs? Try as I might I cant seem to find this info on their website and just keep going round in circles :eek: Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Glad im not alone Mrs Mc .... im no computer geek, but i like to think i can navigate around a website.....SnS has left me stumped though :confused: :gen147:

Right here goes you can have either 4 packs + 150mls skimmed milk and 200g of certain veg or 3 packs + 150 ml skimmed milk, 200g of certain veg plus 100g of protein ie chicken, tuna, eggs
You get a sheet explaining thus plus which veg is allowed in with your packs.
Hope this helps x

I also wanted to know this. I'm planning on doing 4 packs in the NY.
I just don't understand how u get good loses with all the "extras"???

Well the cals on the packs and extras will still be classed as a vlcd & as long as the extras are low carb you will still be in ketosis and therefore burning fat.

On the S & S website there is a diet diary to record everything and monitor your carb intake.

Good luck with your S&S if that's what you decide to do. I'm planning a Tuesday start, unless my delivery is before I leave for work in the morning.....in which case I'll start tomorrow :D

Even with the 'extras', I never exceed 700cals - usually never exceed 650! The veg allowance is a godsend on pre-keto days! Really bulks up the meals. And the 3packs + protein option is even lower in carbs than 4packs, but tastier and allows for meals out ect. I mix and match between 3 and 4 packs, as I think most people on this diet do.

Even with the 'extras', I never exceed 700cals - usually never exceed 650! The veg allowance is a godsend on pre-keto days! Really bulks up the meals. And the 3packs + protein option is even lower in carbs than 4packs, but tastier and allows for meals out ect. I mix and match between 3 and 4 packs, as I think most people on this diet do.

That's a good idea 3/4 mix n match. Do u have good loses still with this? X

I have done 4 pack, no veg or milk weeks, 4 packs with veg and milk weeks and 3 packs with protein meal and milk weeks and not seen a difference in my losses, de to varies medical issues I'm a slow loser but weeks I have stayed the same I can pinpoint why- usually because I have cheated (most often, planned meals off the diet). So to answer your question there is no difference to my losses.

The milk and veg are optional with both plans so you can choose whether to have them or not. On either plan you calories will be around 650 calories or so - very similar to other VLCDs. You can expect to lose around a stone a month. I never noticed any difference in loss between 4 packs or 3 plus a protein meal. Good luck on your journey!

The milk and veg are optional with both plans so you can choose whether to have them or not. On either plan you calories will be around 650 calories or so - very similar to other VLCDs. You can expect to lose around a stone a month. I never noticed any difference in loss between 4 packs or 3 plus a protein meal. Good luck on your journey!

Thank u! I'm currently on Lipotrim and just take 3 shakes daily. S&S just sounds like u have so much choice and more to consume, I trust the diet works but it just sounds to good to b true lol!
I've already got my packs and will b starting on 2nd of Jan, I'll try and get my questions answered by then x

Yeye, I will also be starting on the same day as you. I'm looking forward to it. It would be great to buddy up when the time comes...

Yeye said:
Thank u! I'm currently on Lipotrim and just take 3 shakes daily. S&S just sounds like u have so much choice and more to consume, I trust the diet works but it just sounds to good to b true lol!
I've already got my packs and will b starting on 2nd of Jan, I'll try and get my questions answered by then x

There are some plans which are 3 packs a day and others which are 4 (such as SnS and LighterLife). Generally they have similar calories I believe it's just that the pack formulae are different. I'm at the other end now so am no longer doing the packs but I have to say that many of the SnS packs are lovely and the ability to have a small protein meal instead of one of the packs makes life really easy to fit in with eating with others too. Good luck!

My packs have arrived :clap: There is an info sheet in with the parcel giving more details about the diet and also instructions on how to cook the meals. Starting tomorrow, so i'll keep you all posted with thoughts on flavours etc. I'm actually feeling quite excited at just getting on with it!! :gimi:

Yeye, I will also be starting on the same day as you. I'm looking forward to it. It would be great to buddy up when the time comes...

I'm up for that! X

There are some plans which are 3 packs a day and others which are 4 (such as SnS and LighterLife). Generally they have similar calories I believe it's just that the pack formulae are different. I'm at the other end now so am no longer doing the packs but I have to say that many of the SnS packs are lovely and the ability to have a small protein meal instead of one of the packs makes life really easy to fit in with eating with others too. Good luck!

Thanx for the pointers x

Back