Extra Easy Newbie here:-)

Wond3rwom4n

Hi everyone I'm Tracy, I'm 39 (cough cough 29) and I have 3 children, never ever had a problem with my weight until having my son 4 years ago and I've just gradually piled on the pounds and can't seem to shift them,
So hoping that slimming world is my saviour.
I'm new here so I hope I'm posting in the correct place lol,
Here's my food diary for this week so far....am I doing ok?
Monday
Breakfast.... porridge oats (healthy extra B) 200ml soya milk (healthy extra A) and large handful of mixed berries.
Snack 11pm....apple and orange
Lunch......chicken breast and salad
Dinner.....jacket potato, salad and Heinz chilli baked beans, 20g cathedral city lighter mature cheese (healthy extra A) (can you do that and have half and half? As my milk portion should have been 400ml but I only used half so had the other half of my extra option as 1/2 of the cheese allowance)
8pm.... 3 syns on a snack a jacks choc chip rice cake.
And drank 2 and half litres of water throughout the day.

Tuesdays food diary

Breakfast.....porridge oats (healthy extra b) and 200ml of soya milk (healthy extra a) and large handful of mixed berries
11am snack....bovril hot drink and an apple
Lunch.....large salad with 20g cathedral city lighter cheese (healthy extra a)
Dinner.....fresh cod (baked in oven)
Slimming world chips, mushy peas, salad and 3 pickled onion
8pm.... Aldi multigrain snack bites (5.5 syns)
And Iceland water melon solo ice lolly (3 syns)
Drank 2 and half litres of water throughout the day

Hi Tracy, and welcome! :)

Wednesdays (today's) food diary
It's that dreaded time of the month so I've craved chocolate so badly today

Breakfast.... 2 egg omelette (small amount of fry light to cook) with 20g cathedral city lighter mature, healthy extra A.. saving the other half for later) with onions, mushrooms, peppers, tomatoes
11am snack...2 apples
And 5 syns worth of bournville chocolate and a bite of my sons Easter egg I'm counting it as 2 syns (told you today is a bad craving day lol)
Lunch.....2 slices of wholemeal toast 400g loaf ( healthy extra b)
With 10g flora light (1.5 syns??)
And 2 duck eggs poached
6 haribo sweets (it's a bad day 3 syns??)
1 stick of fresh rhubarb (raw)
1 orange
Dinner..... large chicken breast and salad
I'm working a night shift so I've also bought a salad to work with me with the other 20g of cheese from my healthy extra
Also drank 2 and half litres of water
And 1/4 of a can Diet Coke

Looks like you've got off to a great start well done! Having half and half on the healthy extras is fine I do it all the time. On SP days I've split my HexB 3 ways before and our consultant hasn't told it's wrong.
I find options hot chocolate usually helps with those monthly cravings most are only 1.5 syns, but occasionally it's just not good enough and some real chocolate is needed ;) It makes a nice pudding if you mix it into quark and add sweetener.
Anyway welcome to SW :D

Looks like you've got off to a great start well done! Having half and half on the healthy extras is fine I do it all the time. On SP days I've split my HexB 3 ways before and our consultant hasn't told it's wrong.
I find options hot chocolate usually helps with those monthly cravings most are only 1.5 syns, but occasionally it's just not good enough and some real chocolate is needed ;) It makes a nice pudding if you mix it into quark and add sweetener.
Anyway welcome to SW :D

Hello and thank you :)
I'm definitely going to make some of those puddings, quark is on my shopping list for next week, will add some options hot chocs to it as well

Reactions: Hoz
I've worked a night shift last night, how does everyone else on night shifts eat their meals? I try and eat as normal in the day whilst sleeping in between..have breakfast when I finish work at 8.30am, do nursery drop off, come home and sleep, wake up at 1pm collect son from nursery have lunch and then resemble a zombie for a few hours (nap if I get chance) do dinner at around 4pm as my eldest likes to be fed as soon as he gets in from school (he's starved all day apparently haha) my children then go to my parents if I'm working another night shift and I go back to bed til 8pm and then get up for work, I take fruit and a salad with me to snack on.
I know some people who take huge cooked dinners to eat at 2am but I prefer to stick to a normal daily routine.

Anyway here's today's food diary (Thursday)

Breakfast
Porridge oats (healthy extra B)
With toffee muller light and a handful of mixed berries.

Had no snack at 11am or lunch at 1
as I was asleep from doing night shift
This is rare that i miss lunch but my mom was off work and offered to collect my son :worthy: thank you mom :)
Woke at 3pm
Had a banana and apple

Dinner.....gammon, poached egg, pineapple, mushrooms and salad
With sweet potato wedges and 20g melted cheese on them (healthy extra A)

I then also made a large salad and added gammon, pineapple and the other 20g of cheese to take to work with me to make up for missing lunch

Went back to bed before work
8pm had banana and 3syn ice lolly
And 2 choc digestive (Asda smart price) 6 syns
Drank 2 and half litres of water during the day

Just popped on to say hello :D and welcome to SW. You're diary looks great so far, you're doing really well.

Stacey x

Fridays food

Breakfast
1 1/2 banana weetabix (healthy extra b)
100ml skimmed milk (part of healthy extra a)
Chopped banana
And an apple

Lunch
Chickpeas and salad

Dinner
Baked sweet potato
Heinz chilli beans
And salad

8pm
2 laughing cow light blue cheese triangles (other part of my healthy extra A ) and carrot sticks
3 chocolate biscuits Asda choc digestive smart price (9 syns)
5 liquorice all sorts (5 syns)
10 fruit pastilles (5 syns)
Yes I went over my syns but I've been under all the rest of the week, that's my excuse anyway lol

Drank 2 and half litres of water

Last edited:
Today's food diary (Saturday)
Breakfast
Greek fat free yoghurt
And mixed berries
And a banana

Snack 11am
An apple

Lunch
Salad with duck egg

Dinner
Weight watchers pitta bread (healthy extra b)
Chicken breast with tikka seasoning
And salad
Iceland solo water melon lolly (3 syns)

Not had my healthy extra A yet but will have baby bels or some cathedral city light mature cheese and pickled onions later
Also planning on having a curly wurly and French fries when I watch a movie later

Here's Sunday's diary

Breakfast
Greek fat free yoghurt and fruit

1pm
Turkey breast
1 potato mashed with 10g flora light 1.5syn
I roasted sweet potato (sprayed with fry light)
Lots of Vegetables
Reduced salt Bisto gravy used 3 spoons of it so 3 syns (I think lol)

8pm
Went to cinema and was really good and only had a medium Diet Coke
On the way home the other half suggested Chinese
So I ordered chicken in black bean sauce (they sent beef !!! 8 syns I think, correct me if I'm wrong)
I made my own syn free chips whilst waiting for delivery
And had 5 prawn crackers 1.5 syns

Luckily I don't really drink hot drinks or fizzy drinks, so always have lots of water

Didn't have my healthy extras oops but I feel I've eaten way too much today
WORKED OUT MY SYNS FOR THE WEEK and I only had 78!!:woohoo: I really thought I would have gone over with all the chocolate I've had lol

Last edited:
:0clapper:My first week on slimming world complete, weigh in today and I've lost
5lbs
So pleased with myself
I'm shocked that for the first time in ages I've been eating loads and I've lost weight....it really works

Well done!
I'm a newbie too - but not for myself, for my husband.
He was given a 12 week course for free and our consultant is happy for me to come to meetings with him so I can get some idea of what kind of food I'm going to be cooking. I like the way you set out your diary as I find the one we've been given quite difficult eg if we have a huge free salad and some cold meat - do I put this whole meal down in the syns because hubbie adds 2 tabls full fat mayo to it?
I'm going to start doing it your way because I think its much clearer where we're going wrong.
Keep up the good work, our next meeting isn't until Wed - hoping for a good result.

Well done!
I'm a newbie too - but not for myself, for my husband.
He was given a 12 week course for free and our consultant is happy for me to come to meetings with him so I can get some idea of what kind of food I'm going to be cooking. I like the way you set out your diary as I find the one we've been given quite difficult eg if we have a huge free salad and some cold meat - do I put this whole meal down in the syns because hubbie adds 2 tabls full fat mayo to it?
I'm going to start doing it your way because I think its much clearer where we're going wrong.
Keep up the good work, our next meeting isn't until Wed - hoping for a good result.

Hi
Hope your husband does really well in the next 12 weeks.
I find the way I'm doing it much easier,
It helps me to keep on track of every single syn I have eaten.
Xx

Back